The Spirited Back Nine ...

Rodan75

The best part of the article was that it took an admin to realize their was synergy to be had and even better that Turner listened. Why wasn't TWDC knocking on their door. Turner bought the MGM library and has been its guardian and advocate since and TCM appeals to the Disneyana crowd.

Glad to hear the attraction is getting love soon. Guess this is why the hat is moving quickly.

Phil12

All it is is people like PhotoDave and 71Jason acting like lemmings and trying to hop on the WDW1974 bandwagon of hating everything Disney Social Media and the blogs that cover it.

As much as I respect WDW1974 (and PhotoDave), it wreaks of jealousy and pettiness. Every time he gets on his soapbox about the bloggers or "lifestylers" I immediately tune him out.
The problem is that all of social media is permeated with thieves, con-men and various other ne'er do-wells. Of course there are honest people too but it's very difficult for the average person to sort the good from the bad. It's just much safer to consider them all rubbish at this stage of the game. It's better for most Disney fans to stay paranoid and trust no one.

Phil12

The best part of the article was that it took an admin to realize their was synergy to be had and even better that Turner listened. Why wasn't TWDC knocking on their door. Turner bought the MGM library and has been its guardian and advocate since and TCM appeals to the Disneyana crowd.

Glad to hear the attraction is getting love soon. Guess this is why the hat is moving quickly.
I can see the big new TCM sign hanging in front the Chinese Theater.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Maybe that is why they are removing the hat. To place a 3 story tall statue of Ted Turner holding a TCM sign.
228px-TedTurner.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The problem is that all of social media is permeated with thieves, con-men and various other ne'er do-wells. Of course there are honest people too but it's very difficult for the average person to sort the good from the bad. It's just much safer to consider them all rubbish at this stage of the game. It's better for most Disney fans to stay paranoid and trust no one.

True, I have FB and Twitter but I do not use them and the demographic data including location is not accurate, Most people dont seem to realize most social media is a goldmine for ID theft.

njDizFan

Yes... Thank You Amanda Tymeson. This is a nice pairing and will be watching TCM on the 21st. I haven't seen some of those shows in decades.

SJN1279

Am I the only one in the jurassic camp that thinks 3 was a hell of a lot better than 2?

Also, the trailer....maybe the slow D-Rex reveal means he's gonna be an animatronic beast? Otherwise...well animated dinosaurs aren't gonna scare people.

I also thought 3 was much better than 2. More fun, more action, much shorter, and for me Sam Neill was a much better lead than Jeff Goldblum.

stevehousse

I also thought 3 was much better than 2. More fun, more action, much shorter, and for me Sam Neill was a much better lead than Jeff Goldblum.
The first 3/4 of 2 was incredible, but when they went to the Dino in the bit city it just got rediculous! 3 was good and had some interesting action scenes, but nothing beats the first movie. This new "world" looks impressive and te summer can't come soon enough! So many good movies to look forward too!

SJN1279

The first 3/4 of 2 was incredible, but when they went to the Dino in the bit city it just got rediculous! 3 was good and had some interesting action scenes, but nothing beats the first movie. This new "world" looks impressive and te summer can't come soon enough! So many good movies to look forward too!

I don't think the first movie will ever be topped. It was the first time seeing CGI Dinosaurs, and there was a real sense of wonder and awe in the theater when watching the movie.

DisneyElephant

I have to say, this Executive Assistant must have a great relationship with her coworkers to feel confident enough to feel that her voice would be listened to. Many many times I have been in a very similar position but known that if I say anything I either a) won't get credit or b) won't be heard. Bravo to TCM for listening to its employees. I'm also very surprised that no one suggested it sooner. I recently went to see a local production of "A Public Reading of an Unpublished Screenplay About the Death of Walt Disney" (which was great by the way). Since then I've been looking at old videos of Walt talking about the original concept for E.P.C.O.T. and thought, "I used to watch these clips all the time when they'd air them on the Disney channel, but I haven't seen them in years. Why is no one airing this on TV anymore?! Someone needs to do that...how do I find a way to help them do that?" And lo and behold! I am an assistant at an entertainment company (small), but that's the kind of thing where it takes the right person to say the right thing. Bravo to her!

danlb_2000

Premium Member

They are close together for me, although both are way behind 1. 3 had Sam Neill, but 2 had Pete Postlethwaite.

I don't think the first movie will ever be topped. It was the first time seeing CGI Dinosaurs, and there was a real sense of wonder and awe in the theater when watching the movie.

I still remember seeing it for the first time. The scene where the first see the dinosaurs blew my mind!

Kman101

Considering I remember so much about the first one, and it's been I don't know how long since I've watched it, and I can't recall much if anything from 2 or 3. So ...

I wasn't super impressed by the Jurassic World promo to be honest but that doesn't mean I'm not really excited for it and some of it does scream old school Jurassic Park. I loved Pratt in Galaxy and I know it's JUST a very short promo, but he didn't thrill me here.

Ignohippo

They are close together for me, although both are way behind 1. 3 had Sam Neill, but 2 had Pete Postlethwaite.

I still remember seeing it for the first time. The scene where the first see the dinosaurs blew my mind!

I enjoyed 3 because it lifted so much from the original book that was left out of the movie.

The first half of 2 was okay but they totally lost me with the Dino rampaging through San Diego. The second book was a letdown too. Either Crichton was using a ghost writer or he was completely disinterested - maybe both.

I always thought the franchise would end up with the dinosaurs taking over Costa Rico (since one if the books started out with some chompies killing a woman on the beach) but it never went there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom