RUMOR WATCH: Indiana Jones stuntshow on the chopping block ?

Magenta Panther

I concur, which is why I'm super excited about that "World of Muppets" rumor. I hear tell that Kermit is going to disembowel that Osvaldo the Hare character (or whatever it is called) since no one cares about that thing.

Interesting. And what else did the voices in your head tell you?

Magenta Panther

I actually think the differing and more - dare I say (with the rumored new name) - adventurous park. I love that it isn't all Disney all the time. That's what MK is for.

That's why I stopped getting so angsty about all the non-Studio-generated IP in that park...I finally decided to look at it as a tribute to ALL of Hollywood, not just Disney's Hollywood. If I were TDO, I'd amp up the classic Hollywood look of the streets - pick up where Eisner left off and really plus it. Build a false hill and put "Hollywoodland" on it, etc. Then put the various "tributes" - rides, attractions, meet and greets and gift shops - in a logical progression. The Great Movie Ride could represent Old Hollywood, for instance, and a dark ride celebrating Disney classic movies, live-action and animation, from Oswald to Frozen, would be awesome. I think a Cherry Tree Lane area next to it would be very fitting (celebrating Walt's crown jewel, Mary Poppins). There could be a tea/gift shop and a themed restaurant, Admiral Boom's. And then the park could progress to newer entities like Pixar and all of the stuff Iger bought. Anyway, that's my take.

ProfSavage

If I had my way, I'd get the BAH and recreate my favorite scene from Office Space
Office%20Space%20Gif.gif

This would be me...
office-space-printer-o.gif

Slowjack

I'm just in shock that the show has changed so little over the years. Even if Crystal Skulls sucked, which it did, I'm shocked they did nothing to change the show a little bit to reflect the new film. Has any scene changed or been added over the years? The problem with so many of the shows is that they are so stale. You can't have the same show for 20+ years and expect fans to still love it like they used to. I mean, change a scene or two and advertise it as new. People would flock to check it out.
To be fair, unless I am missing it, the show doesn't reference any film except the first. But your point is well taken. I wouldn't encourage them to include other films, but they need to come up with some new set pieces and a new flow for the show as a whole. Several elements in the show depend upon surprise for their effect, so never changing them greatly weakens the show for repeat viewers.

tl77

I think Indy is safe until at least Pixar is finished and assuming the new Star Wars films don't suck

BTW if they change RnRC at all I think they should lose the cardboard cutouts of LA landmarks and make it more like the one in Paris

maddie_odair

I think Indy is safe until at least Pixar is finished and assuming the new Star Wars films don't suck

BTW if they change RnRC at all I think they should lose the cardboard cutouts of LA landmarks and make it more like the one in Paris

Yes! This is so awesome!

matt9112

TBO call me crazy i dont mind the cutouts....i dont know why...i like Paris lighting though.,...but gawd there entrance is tacky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom