Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

ProfSavage

My son would love a meet and greet with The Guardians over any other character. The movie was such surprize hit there wasn't even toys out at its release. If a sequal is done right like the other Marvel movies, it will have plenty of stand alone appeal. I told my wife my son may view that movie like I viewed Stars
Wars when I was 5 in the late 70s.

Seriously, the first thing I looked for upon leaving the theatre was a Dancing Groot for my office desk. And I am 27 years old. So yeah, Guardians, imo, has a lot of staying power. I remember even one critic called it the Star Wars for a new generation. And honestly, it was the most fun I had at a movie in YEARS.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I don't like the idea of Guardians, as I think it will date too quickly, but if they *must* get rid of The Great Movie Ride, then maybe that 'attending the premiere' idea could work for another franchise... How about this?

The theme is Hollywood, the year 1977, the place... a galaxy far, far away...

jYvGrb2.png

mannschinese.jpg

Oh, if only..... I could die happy.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm no legal expert, but I think it all comes down to how far one side or the other wants to push the definition of "family".

A battle between the two largest entertainment companies - Comcast and Disney - over rights to Marvel characters would be interesting to observe. Like Apple vs. Samsung.

ProfSavage

While TGMR itself may not necessarily change too much, it's my understanding they may be forced to change the theater facade because Disney cannot use the theater facade in any of their advertising / commercials. BAH was there to intentionally hide the theater (learned this from a CM tonight).

No no. No no no no no. No no. No no no no no no no no no no.

Actually....nevermind.

20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

danlb_2000

Premium Member
While TGMR itself may not necessarily change too much, it's my understanding they may be forced to change the theater facade because Disney cannot use the theater facade in any of their advertising / commercials. BAH was there to intentionally hide the theater (learned this from a CM tonight).

So either the facade changes or here comes the giant Olaf to block it (please no!). Don't know which it will be.

http://www.yesterland.com/removehat.html

jrh1985

A few thoughts...before we start uncorking champagne that the BAH is leaving...the reason Disney stated for putting in where it was put has not changed. MGM and Disney still do not have a close relationship and MGM is not going to just let Disney use the theater as the center piece of the park. I think we will be walking down Hollywood BLVD looking at something other than the theater ...which probably means the end of the GMR.

I have also been thinking that Star Wars Weekend might not be in DHS this May, with so much of the park closed for construction and such, they will not have the space to do all the activities they have done in the past. I wonder if they would move SWW to EPCOT or MK for a year or two until they have made some progress on the park to be formerly known as HS. I do not believe they have announced SWW dates, so this might be something to keep an eye on.

DON'T SHOOT but I was hoping Frozen Fun was coming back next summer(before SWW would be nice too!) So is any hope for that dead? Along with SSW Fireworks that just started last year? Will they Update the pyro along with taking down the Hat? I think they upgraded the pyro from the usual Sorcery In the Sky when the hat went up.

I'm surprised Disney actually came out with this for the Disney Fan Sites. It's not the Parks Blog, I didn't think it would be. However I would think that they would mention the closing of Jack on the Blog.

Are there tons of CMs on these sites that I'm totally unaware of?

PhotoDave219

DON'T SHOOT but I was hoping Frozen Fun was coming back next summer(before SWW would be nice too!) So is any hope for that dead? Along with SSW Fireworks that just started last year? Will they Update the pyro along with taking down the Hat? I think they upgraded the pyro from the usual Sorcery In the Sky when the hat went up.

I'm surprised Disney actually came out with this for the Disney Fan Sites. It's not the Parks Blog, I didn't think it would be. However I would think that they would mention the closing of Jack on the Blog.

Are there tons of CMs on these sites that I'm totally unaware of?

Anything is possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom