The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

tcool

I think he confused "LatinAmerica" with the term North America.

North America = Canada, USA, Mexico

LatinAmerica = From Mexico to the tip of Chile.
I'm confused now or confused further?:confused:

Edit : I understand now I think just always thought Central America was part of North American Continent or am I wrong about that:confused:?

seahawk7

Yea, we were googling "more ebola in Dallas".

Just now saw this, in your post. Didn't hear about it yesterday at all. Sick, and sad.

Unfortunately, looks like that one has been confirmed.
This makes me so angry. We are starting to get trained in the hospital where I work in case we get an ebola patient. I work around disease everyday and I wish people would respect infectious diseases and not infect others if they themselves are sick. This guy in NY is an MD he should know better.

donaldtoo

Ha! That made me laugh. Social media onset brought back shorthand actually. We, way older have shorthanded words forever, centuries before this. If you look at journalists notes of way older folks they were shorted in many forms especially long before the portable transistor recording devices. It is just the younger folk caught onto a practice that goes back to ancient Greece.

ibm_typewriter_ad_2.jpg

StarWarsGirl

oooo do dish! I love harmless gossip.
The mom was allegedly dating a convicted child molester. He molested someone in her own family and was just released from a 10 year sentence this past March. The mother denied she was seeing him, but TLC didn't believe her and felt like she was putting her children at risk, so they cancelled the show. They've shot an entire season of new episodes, but won't air them. TLC is evidently taking a financial hit and will continue to provide counselors and tutors for the kids on their show.

seahawk7

The mom was allegedly dating a convicted child molester. He molested someone in her own family and was just released from a 10 year sentence this past March. The mother denied she was seeing him, but TLC didn't believe her and felt like she was putting her children at risk, so they cancelled the show. They've shot an entire season of new episodes, but won't air them. TLC is evidently taking a financial hit and will continue to provide counselors and tutors for the kids on their show.
Oh wow. That is awful. I feel bad for asking now but thanks for explaining.

donaldtoo

StarWarsGirl

This makes me so angry. We are starting to get trained in the hospital where I work in case we get an ebola patient. I work around disease everyday and I wish people would respect infectious diseases and not infect others if they themselves are sick. This guy in NY is an MD he should know better.
Good news is that the nurse who was being treated at NIH in Bethesda was discharged. She'll be returning to Dallas.

My uncle, who is a doctor at Hopkins, said that they have been doing ebola training at that hospital. Seems reasonable now, he says, although if you had told him that last year, he would not have believed you.

seahawk7

Good news is that the nurse who was being treated at NIH in Bethesda was discharged. She'll be returning to Dallas.

My uncle, who is a doctor at Hopkins, said that they have been doing ebola training at that hospital. Seems reasonable now, he says, although if you had told him that last year, he would not have believed you.
I know how he feels. It is very scary. I also feel for the people who have their businesses closed because someone who was exposed went into the business.
I think that if a person has been exposed and even if they are asymptomatic, they should self quarantine and let the proper authorities know. Ebola is dangerous but what is more dangerous is lack of consideration, the self important culture we live in that will spread this disease. I wear glasses and a mask in all patient's rooms because people won't cover their mouths when coughing.
I'm sorry to get on a soapbox but viruses are unapologetic and people need to be careful.
You won't see me in a movie theater until flu season is over. Sorry guys for my rant.

donaldtoo

More "reality" show sickness.
This is why I've always reviled everything about supposed "reality" shows.
I'll say it for the 10,000th time. When everyone knows the cameras are rollin', all reality ceases to exist.
Scripted trash is what it all REALLY is, IMO.

Accepting it for the type of WWE it is, and still being entertained by it for some, however, not a problem, so much.
Just not for me. I just don't get it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom