The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

I think that if a person has been exposed and even if they are asymptomatic, they should self quarantine and let the proper authorities know. Ebola is dangerous but what is more dangerous is lack of consideration, the self important culture we live in that will spread this disease. I wear glasses and a mask in all patient's rooms because people won't cover their mouths when coughing.
I agree, but at the same time, some of the panic has been ridiculous. I understand being concerned if you're a healthcare worker. But I was baffled by those on Facebook who thought that it was going to come to Maryland because they transferred one of the nurses from NIH. So by moving the nurse to someplace where she was less likely to spread the disease and more likely to recover from the disease, we were all going to get the disease. Mmhhmm. Not to mention none of these people live anywhere near Bethesda. Yet these are the same people who don't get flu shots.

StarWarsGirl

More "reality" show sickness.
This is why I've always reviled everything about supposed "reality" shows.
I'll say it for the 10,000th time. When everyone knows the cameras are rollin', all reality ceases to exist.
Scripted trash is what it all REALLY is, IMO.

Accepting it for the type of WWE it is, and still being entertained by it for some, however, not a problem, so much.
Just not for me. I just don't get it.
I guess for me it depends on the reality show. I always liked What Not to Wear. And Dancing with the Stars. And of course My Cat from Hell. But nothing like Honey Boo Boo or the Kardashians.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

I guess for me it depends on the reality show. I always liked What Not to Wear. And Dancing with the Stars. And of Course My Cat from Hell. But nothing like Honey Boo Boo or the Kardashians.

No worries, just not my thing. :)
My DWifey and youngest DD like so many of them.
Everything from "Say Yes to the Duck" to "Dress Dynasty" ;), and everything in between.
They all just make me wanna' wretch. :hungover:

donaldtoo

This one, just 'cause it made me chuckle...! :)

b36cc997904de23d567288357892a42f.jpg

StarWarsGirl

No worries, just not my thing. :)
My DWifey and youngest DD like so many of them.
Everything from "Say Yes to the Duck" to "Dress Dynasty" ;), and everything in between.
They all just make me wanna' wretch. :hungover:
I guess if I can learn something from it or get something out of it, I'll watch it.
Dancing with the Stars I watch because I appreciate the dancing and have learned a little about ballroom dancing from it. I previously had no interest.
What Not to Wear always had great tips for putting together an outfit, even though the majority of the styles used on there were too old for me.
My Cat from Hell has definitely been educational. Jackson Galaxy is a cat genius.

But the Kardashians and Honey Boo Boo are just...ugh.

donaldtoo

I guess if I can learn something from it or get something out of it, I'll watch it.
Dancing with the Stars I watch because I appreciate the dancing and have learned a little about ballroom dancing from it. I previously had no interest.
What Not to Wear always had great tips for putting together an outfit, even though the majority of the styles used on there were too old for me.
My Cat from Hell has definitely been educational. Jackson Galaxy is a cat genius.

But the Kardashians and Honey Boo Boo are just...ugh.

Yep, the dancing show is DEFINITELY up in the top three (if not #1) with the ladies in our house.

StarWarsGirl

Yep, the dancing show is DEFINITELY up in the top three (if not #1) with the ladies in our house.
I haven't had time to keep up this season. Maybe I'll start watching again later this season when it gets closer to the finals.

EDIT: If I recall correctly, there is a Duck Dynasty star on there. No wonder your wife and daughter watch it this season...:joyfull:

Last edited:

FutureCEO

Anyone watch Chrisley Knows Best. I have only caught a couple episodes but it's so crazy. I wish Who Wants to Be a Millionaire was still on primetime.

Other than that, no reality tv for me

The other social media I have is facebook, tumblr and a couple websites. And those websites that you join just to ask a question and then leave.

Cesar R M

I agree, but at the same time, some of the panic has been ridiculous. I understand being concerned if you're a healthcare worker. But I was baffled by those on Facebook who thought that it was going to come to Maryland because they transferred one of the nurses from NIH. So by moving the nurse to someplace where she was less likely to spread the disease and more likely to recover from the disease, we were all going to get the disease. Mmhhmm. Not to mention none of these people live anywhere near Bethesda. Yet these are the same people who don't get flu shots.
Reminds me of these photos that are roaming around. Where people are already wearing commercial hazmat suits to public areas out of fear.

Its the Cold War nuclear paranoia all over again.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I just hope they move it, not destroy it.
It would do amazing as the entrance to Fantasmic.

Only if they tucked it in far enough though. The last thing we want again is to mess up another street, that hat poking out and blocking the Tower of Terror would be equally as annoying. Push it in a ways on Hollywood Hills and it would work perfectly there. `

Cesar R M

Watching Gran Torino.
Many things to like about this movie. Just as many things not to like about this movie.
I actually likeed that movie a lot, touched a lot of themes not many wanted to see.
Plus the acting of good ol' Clint was superb.

anyway in something completely different.

I never noticed how popular the PLANES characters are in the RC worldwide community.

Theres even a Mexican Dusty RC plane!!

hell, they even made El chupacabra!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom