Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Cesar R M

Bad thing is, they'll remove the hat just in time to draw guests' attention to more construction walls or already closed signs for TGMR for the "set install" whatever that will mean.

Should call DHS the Under Construction Adventure!
' Til they give guest hardhats, suits and hammers..
and invite them in an adventure demolishing certain buildings!

That way guests are entertained AND Disney saves a buck in demolition.

Cesar R M

If they remove the Hat, what are they going to replace it with? If it has anything to do with Frozen, I wont be going there anymore.
a giant statue of Olaff!

That will serve as.... wait for it... MERCHANDISE & ICE CREAM STORE.

:hilarious:

No, Its pretty study. Look at Steve's construction photos. Like a bunch of stacked rings.
Study? You mean sturdy?

TomP

Heard an interesting rumor for GMR.

Premise: you are attending the red carpet premier of a GotG sequel and through the use of the LPS guided ride system and extensive 3D screens you are sucked into the action.

Sounds like Disney may finally be taking on The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man.

Sounds more like that Superstar Limo thing they had on the west coast??? :confused:

Cesar R M

Imagine a 150' tall one of these:

Olaf_from_Disney's_Frozen.png

dammit, you beat me to it! XD

Mike S

I have no clue. I'm not even caught up with these threads to know where the rumor came from, but I assumed it had a basis in reality given that people have mentioned it. I sincerely hope the source was joking. But as aladdin2007 said, TDO and Disney in general would love to kill off the animatronics if they could. And Ratatouille is almost entirely screen based, I don't think there are any AA's at all in it and really not a ton of physical sets even compared to Gringotts.

For all the praise Universal is getting, i'm not satisfied with this trend to replace everything with video screens. No matter how well done they are. Even Shanghai's new version of Pirates of the Caribbean is rumored to be heavily screen based instead of relying on physical sets and characters.
I understand the feelings on the use of screens cause I have them too. Universal's rides are still very fun though and really well done. My main complaint here would be that it would be replacing the GMR, which doesn't make a lot of sense to have GotG replacing. Even if it heavily used animatronics. GMR is the perfect ride to have in that central location. Refurbish, don't replace.

Last edited:

DocMcHulk

Avengers family. Universal have the theme parks rights to the Avengers family of characters (anyone who has appeared as an Avenger) east of the Mississippi. But, they can't add anything that doesn't already exist without Disney approval.

Since the Guardians haven't ever been part of the Avengers, Disney owns the rights.

Not to get to deep into it, but Uni doesn't have exclusive rights to every Marvel character.
Ah ok. that makes sense. i thought Universal had blanket coverage of all things Marvel. Thanks for the info.

raven

I understand the feelings on the use of screens cause I them too. Universal's rides are still very fun though and really well done. My main complaint here would be that it would be replacing the GMR, which doesn't make a lot of sense to have GotG replacing. Even if it heavily used animatronics. GMR is the perfect ride to have in that central location. Refurbish, don't replace.

With the way things are vanishing it doesn't seem to matter anymore though, does it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom