Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

DocMcHulk

Heard an interesting rumor for GMR.

Premise: you are attending the red carpet premier of a GotG sequel and through the use of the LPS guided ride system and extensive 3D screens you are sucked into the action.

Sounds like Disney may finally be taking on The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man.
I might have peed my self a little while reading that.

Goofnut1980

Star Wars weekends, 4th of July, Frozen fun, New Years...

But it was the begining of May this year, not the end... December 6th last year, not near New Years.. and September last year, Frozen wasnt out yet. There wasn't one thing they did on the stage while we were there any of those times. Everything was covered in tarps.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I can 100% confirm that the hat is going...

CM's were told recently: "We will soon begin to re-imagine the park’s central hub by removing the sorcerer’s Hat in early 2015. As part of that change, the store located underneath the hat will be closing, A closing date will be shared as we get closer to it.”

Considering it's almost November and early 2015 would mean by March, shouldn't that date be announced soon? And if this is true, it needs to be done and the area cleaned up before Star Wars weekend starts in May.

FoozieBear

From the rumor mill it appears so. From what I was told the ride itself would be almost a clone of Ratatouille. It would be to Ratatouille what Transformers is to Spider-man.

Wouldn't be surprised to find out about a Guardians ride. Disney would be crazy to not get as much Marvel in the park as possible. But a Guardians ride in the Hub of the park? It just feels weirdly out of place....

ZodIsGr8

Finally, this thread can GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FoozieBear

Considering it's almost November and early 2015 would mean by March, shouldn't that date be announced soon? And if this is true, it needs to be done and the area cleaned up before Star Wars weekend starts in May.

If it's going to be announced, it's bound to be any day now.

DocMcHulk

Heard an interesting rumor for GMR.

Premise: you are attending the red carpet premier of a GotG sequel and through the use of the LPS guided ride system and extensive 3D screens you are sucked into the action.
How is Disney getting away with using Guardians in the park? I thought Universal had exclusive Marvel rights.

Disneyhead'71

Wouldn't be surprised to find out about a Guardians ride. Disney would be crazy to not get as much Marvel in the park as possible. But a Guardians ride in the Hub of the park? It just feels weirdly out of place....
I think Marvel is a tough fit anywhere at Disney, but a Movie Theater is one place that it can fit no problem.

CTXRover

Great news. Like many, I liked the hat for what it was, but not its location. I would suspect that a reimagining of this area could include some type of permanent stage set-up. Hopefully whatever they do, it will bring back the once great view of the theater as the weenie at the end of hollywood blvd.

wdwfan757

I would have been significantly more excited about this if I hadn't just seen Annabelle at the actual chinese theater 2 weeks ago. It's less exciting when you realize the chinese theater is just a regular old movie theater these days and not the icon we East Coasters/WDWFans dream it up to be!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom