Disney May Be Next in Line to Buy Warner Bros??

Bparso87

You meant Pixar Right??
I think that's is what he ment but I wouldn't say blank checks anymore the good dinosaur looks like it will cost the studio money with basically redoing the whole movie granted finding dory will do great but do some of the newer movies they are coming out with guarantee hits not sure.

FutureCEO

I think the company is good right now. Any mergers within the entertainment industry will get looked at especially with news. Then again you only have two or three companies in the phone business.

sublimesting

I haven't seen this posted but from this link: http://.com/blog/2014/08/is-disney-looking-to-buy-warner-brothers/
"If a merger like this did go through for Disney and Warner, it would mean that Disney would acquire the likes of the Harry Potter series, The Lord Of The Rings films, DC Comics and all of their movies, classic Warner Brothers cartoons, such as Bugs Bunny, and The Wizard Of Oz."

Is this true? Would Disney own Harry Potter? Would this not be the biggest checkmate they could put in front of Universal? This would make Disney an entertainment juggernaut!

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I haven't seen this posted but from this link: http://*****.com/blog/2014/08/is-disney-looking-to-buy-warner-brothers/
"If a merger like this did go through for Disney and Warner, it would mean that Disney would acquire the likes of the Harry Potter series, The Lord Of The Rings films, DC Comics and all of their movies, classic Warner Brothers cartoons, such as Bugs Bunny, and The Wizard Of Oz."

Is this true? Would Disney own Harry Potter? Would this not be the biggest checkmate they could put in front of Universal? This would make Disney an entertainment juggernaut!

You have to look in the right places...
http://screenrant.com/disney-marvel-warner-bros-superman-kofi-23726/
http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLN...8/15/could-disney-really-buy-warner-brothers/
http://www.newsarama.com/21880-coul...e-time-warner-result-in-marvel-dc-merger.html
http://www.theouthousers.com/index....-warner-bros-and-merging-their-universes.html

DVC91

If it is, we'd probably have a similar situation to that of the existing Marvel attractions in Uni. No Harry potter stuff allowed in WDW. Disney land might be different though

Bparso87

I haven't seen this posted but from this link: http://*****.com/blog/2014/08/is-disney-looking-to-buy-warner-brothers/

Lord of the rings would not do them any good since it is wrapping up now and how much does the DVD sales make not much but Harry potter, dc comics and hbo make the deal worthy. Even now potter made all it films they can do spin offs that are already planned.

majortom1981

If it is, we'd probably have a similar situation to that of the existing Marvel attractions in Uni. No Harry potter stuff allowed in WDW. Disney land might be different though

That would happen with looney tunes and dc comics also because six flags has a contract for those that was from when warner brothers owned six flags.

Bparso87

That would happen with looney tunes and dc comics also because six flags has a contract for those that was from when warner brothers owned six flags.
Most six flags dc stuff is just a sign outside the ride would not cost a lot for Disney to get the right plus 6 flags is always in financial danger.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Most six flags dc stuff is just a sign outside the ride would not cost a lot for Disney to get the right plus 6 flags is always in financial danger.

Exactly! Batman: The Ride at the former Six Flags New Orleans was Dismantled and moved to Fiesta Texas, Repainted, Rethemed and named Goliath..

wdw71fan

Exactly! Batman: The Ride at the former Six Flags New Orleans was Dismantled and moved to Fiesta Texas, Repainted, Rethemed and named Goliath..

A subject I know a LOT about (Six Flags New Orleans that is)...

But yes, most six flags 'themeing' revolves around colors and signage.. Something that could be changed relatively easily..

Mike S

Disneyland couldn't have it either since Harry Potter is currently under construction at Universal Hollywood. Plus I think I've read Universal got worldwide rights to Harry, not just for the locations of their parks.

PhilharMagician

The Six Flags in upstate NY called The Great Escape has removed nearly all if not all of the WB association. All of the rides and areas of the park that were named after WB characters have been renamed generically. Of course when this was done it was done poorly which is expected from a Six Flags park.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Disneyland couldn't have it either since Harry Potter is currently under construction at Universal Hollywood. Plus I think I've read Universal got worldwide rights to Harry, not just for the locations of their parks.

Yep they just opened WWoHP at Universal Studios Japan..

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
The Six Flags in upstate NY called The Great Escape has removed nearly all if not all of the WB association. All of the rides and areas of the park that were named after WB characters have been renamed generically. Of course when this was done it was done poorly which is expected from a Six Flags park.

I think the worst example was Geauga Lake/Six Flags Ohio/Six Flags World's Of Adventure when they bought Sea World of Ohio and expanded the size to make that park the Flagship since they had the company move there..But, when the company went into Chapter 11 they made the decision to close it down and remove all rides from it...

PeterAlt

Yes, but Uni would still own the theme park rights, as it does for Marvel in Orlando.

PhilharMagician

I think the worst example was Geauga Lake/Six Flags Ohio/Six Flags World's Of Adventure when they bought Sea World of Ohio and expanded the size to make that park the Flagship since they had the company move there..But, when the company went into Chapter 11 they made the decision to close it down and remove all rides from it...

Well, I hope The Great Escape does not follow that history path. There is a lot of history in the park since it was the first themed amusement park. The park opened more than a year before Disneyland under the name Storytown USA in 1954 as a Mother Goose themed amusement park. Other lands were added like Ghosttown and Jungleland over the next few years. It has changed much over the years, but the original bones are still there.

Six Flags just does not get the idea of a theme park. They operate more like a permanently located carnival with cheap, poorly maintained rides and games.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom