Disney May Be Next in Line to Buy Warner Bros??

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I wasn't sure where to put this. If it does need to be Moved please do or if it has been discussed...But, word has been brought up that Disney May be next in Line on buying Warner Brothers....*Dramatic Music* it seems a little far fetched to me..But, check out the article and see what your thoughts are on the matter...http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=106023

Bparso87

I am a always on comicbookmovie and saw this last week I would think Disney could do it but it would cost a lot but would pay off not for dc superheroes but for hbo and other parts of the deal. But would be funny that they would own universals two biggest draws in movie rights but can't put it in the parks.

jdmdisney99

That would be...interesting. Meanwhile, in the Legion of Doom, Bob Iger...
f4hiwj.gif

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
It would be a shock if it would happen...Just think of what can happen to the Warner Bros licences used at the Six Flags parks..They would have to be either removed or altered to allow them to be used in the park if Disney sees fit to keep them there..

DManRightHere

I am a always on comicbookmovie and saw this last week I would think Disney could do it but it would cost a lot but would pay off not for dc superheroes but for hbo and other parts of the deal. But would be funny that they would own universals two biggest draws in movie rights but can't put it in the parks.

I still find it interesting HS buses play harry potter music and ABC plays the movies.

I know it's a popular movie to show, but does inadvertantly advertise universals new expansion.

Bparso87

I still find it interesting HS buses play harry potter music and ABC plays the movies.

I know it's a popular movie to show, but does inadvertantly advertise universals new expansion.
The movies don't really bother me they also play despicable me on Disney channel but the music on the buses does register why they would do that.

tl77

Alan Horn who just recently became chairman of the Walt Disney Studios, was the President and COO of Warner Bros. for several years over seeing big things like Harry Potter and the new Batman films, but was ousted by these young WB executives who were only interested in making more Hang Over films, which Horn apparently didn't care to do. So Disney hired Warner's head man and now they are going to buy Warner Bros. too huh?

Bparso87

If they would go through with this Disney would be getting close to a monopoly on some items lol. They would own Cartoon Network then too know nick is big with kids but Disney and Cartoon Network would dominate children programming. Superheroes would be all at Disney with the exception if some dark horse comics that 99% of people don't care about. With their exclude deal with stars then owning hbo would be crazy and think of some superhero shows on hbo would be awesome. Then last is sports with Disney having Monday night football and then would have the NCAA tournament.

Magenta Panther

It's kind of hard to see how the government would allow such a merger. They've grown incredibly lax in their antitrust regulation (lots of cash and lobbying to blame mostly), but some mergers are too big even for today's regulators to allow to slip by.

I was wondering that myself. The gov't won't even allow movie studios to run their own theater chains anymore. This ridiculous buying spree by Iger seems much more ominous to me...

FutureCEO

As others have said, isn't this becoming a Monopoly on the entertainment and IP industries?

6 Corporations Control 90% Of The Media In America
. That's consolidated from 50 companies back in 1983.

So pretty much not really going to happen but if it does happen, based on how big companies are, the government will still let it go through.

I wouldn't be surprised if one day...there is just one company in every industry. Obviously the government is not stopping this madness.

FigmentJedi

That would... that would mean the same company would own Marvel and DC.

*mind explodes*
As well as most of the animation: After all, WB is Looney Tunes, Hanna Barbara, Animal Logic (Happy Feet), Cartoon Network, and MGM.

Disney would basically be able to reboot Roger Rabbit by themselves with minimal studio politics issues.

Bparso87

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom