The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

PhotoDave219

There isn't a delay with the garage. Not sure where that is coming from. The guide maps are stating 2015 because that is when it will be at full capacity. They have never said it will be fully open in 2014.

Well what we were told - and what the cast was told - was that the garage thats under construction would be open by November.

PhotoDave219

"$125 was my renewal..... But not this year.
Are you serious? No discount for returning members either?" (Sorry, I don't know how to add two quotes in a response.)

No discount for returning members (unlike in the past), but if you are a Florida AP (or DVC member), it "only" costs $100 per card. And I can remember, like WDW1974, getting two cards for the price of one membership, though mine was $50 the first year we got it.

Mine was $50 as well in 04 as the "Disney Dining Experience."

lazyboy97o

That doesn't make me feel better. The words "unfinished parking garage" just don't instill confidence.
You're assume it is all one structure when there can essentially be multiple structures that compose the entire garage facility. Would you suddenly feel unsafe in the "unfinished" Mickey and Friends Parking Structure at the Disneyland Resort if they ever go ahead with expanding it into the Pinocchio Parking Lot?

PhotoDave219

You're assume it is all one structure when there can essentially be multiple structures that compose the entire garage facility. Would you suddenly feel unsafe in the "unfinished" Mickey and Friends Parking Structure at the Disneyland Resort if they ever go ahead with expanding it into the Pinocchio Parking Lot?

No. I would not feel safe at all. Have you seen the way the French drive?

stevehousse

Disney lawyers will prevent that from happening. They closed those Tigger jump pads a day after opening they won't allow a phase opening of a partially built concrete structure ...

Think of in terms of a bridge reconstruction. They close one side of the bridge and do work but the other side is still open, drivable, and functional. This works in the same manner...

flynnibus

Premium Member

Seriously.. I don't get the ideas here. We all know this is a garage done in major sections (3 right?). Instead of thinking it means floors 4 and 5 aren't done.. it can simply mean SECTIONS 2 or 3 or whatever aren't done.

SirLink

Think of in terms of a bridge reconstruction. They close one side of the bridge and do work but the other side is still open, drivable, and functional. This works in the same manner...

Em over here in the UK one bridge from pre-1920s needed work doing to it and they rerouted traffic to other bridges closed the whole bridge down, for safety ... just sayin'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom