Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clamman73

Maybe not. Let's hope it's just a glitch for now. It would be quite a coincidence, but it's still possible.
Yeah...I don't know...I just randomly checked August 12th and it's available *shrugs* When I have time later, I'll have to check the other dates up to 9/29 to see where it disappears.

Gomer

I think it would be very hard to get me to go back to Epcot if they basically erase Norway as we know it. I know it sounds extreme but thats just how I feel about it and thats how much it would upset me.
I can deal with Frozen in Maelstrom. I can deal with Frozen in Akershus. I’ll even deal with a takeover of a portion of the stores. But, changing the entire pavilion to Arendelle? If that happens, I’ll seriously be reconsidering how much time I spend in Epcot.

aladdin2007

No. That was just a faux rumor that was floated in the thread.

True, spirit also pointed that out over in one of his threads that would not happen. But at the same time I get the feeling something has changed, I just have a feeling Disney has an entire arendelle pavilion takeover drawn up..... But again it will depend on what happens behind closed doors over the next week or two regarding potential new Norwegian support. I know I keep saying this lol but fingers crossed.

Bocabear

I really don't think they have any plan to change Norway to Arendelle... just add the characters to the ride and a little bit here and there... They will use the fact that Arendelle is loosely based on Norway to be the tie-in...
and I truly believe that is all they plan to do. Quite frankly I would love to see Akershus become Anna and Elsa's Coronation Feast instead of the random princess dining thing it is now... It makes no sense at all now...at least Anna and Elsa would have a more thematic reason for being there....I mean if it is going to be Princess Dining anyway.... might as well do something a little more inspired...rather than just dropping random princesses into a restaurant for no reason whatsoever.

BlackCauldron

Quite frankly I would love to see Akershus become Anna and Elsa's Coronation Feast instead of the random princess dining thing it is now.

My thoughts exactly. It's almost a no-brainer, and I'm shocked that no one at TDO hasn't figured this one out yet. Akershus is already very successful with the mish-mash of princesses they currently have. Adding Anna and Elsa would just seal the deal and make it nearly impossible to grab a table. Plus, it would give guests another viable and much more controlled option to meet them, and take some stress off of PFH. And all of it can be done at zero cost - just change the sign out front.

NormC

it will depend on what happens behind closed doors over the next week or two regarding potential new Norwegian support. I know I keep saying this lol but fingers crossed.
What closed door meetings are we talking about? I had heard that Norway already said no to any further sponsorship of the Pavilion. Is there a corporation now willing to jump in and take over sponsorship? Did I miss some news or is this just wishful thinking?

Alektronic

Not just here. It’s been floating around a few threads, twitter, and the investment portion was corroborated by a Norwegian news story.

There’s more smoke to this potential fire here than just one message board thread.

I have not heard that arendelle rumor floating around anywhere.

The Norwegian news story was actually started by the ex-Norwegian CM, he contacted the news with all the news and rumors. He was one of the few CM's that were actually passionate about the ride and pavilion and wanted to see the best for it. I think he mistook the usual painting and roof replacement as an changeover to arendelle but it's not going to happen.

Did anyone notice the outside waterfall outside Norway is working again? The paint job is a little darker this time but at least the waterfall is working.

aladdin2007

What closed door meetings are we talking about? I had heard that Norway already said no to any further sponsorship of the Pavilion. Is there a corporation now willing to jump in and take over sponsorship? Did I miss some news or is this just wishful thinking?

possibly. its not wishful thinking there are things in motion but whether it comes to pass is the question. it was sounding positive like I said in some posts back.

aladdin2007

The Norwegian news story was actually started by the ex-Norwegian CM, he contacted the news with all the news and rumors. He was one of the few CM's that were actually passionate about the ride and pavilion and wanted to see the best for it. I think he mistook the usual painting and roof replacement as an changeover to arendelle but it's not going to happen.

Did anyone notice the outside waterfall outside Norway is working again? The paint job is a little darker this time but at least the waterfall is working.

I noticed the darker rock work, but didnt know the water had finally been turned on. hopefully it stays on this time lol. now if only they would relandscape the creek under the bridge again and add the trees back in.

Gomer

The Arendelle rumor has been mentioned in a few places on this site. Including once by a trusted insider (although dismissed by another) and a full pavilion Frozenification has been mentioned on twitter in the last few days. I’m not saying this makes it true. But the implication that it was just a rumor drummed up by fan speculation is dismissing it a bit too much I think (not referring to your post here). People have said they have seen plans. That, to me, is enough to worry about.

SpaceMountain77

I buy my wife a bottle of Laila every year. Love that stuff.

A few years ago, in fall 2011, the middle shop, which has painted blue walls, was a dedicated Essence of Norway boutique. It was a nicely appointed fragrance and body boutique, with dedicated cast members. When I visited last December, the shop had become another generic princess merchandise location and the Essence of Norway products were displayed on a few shelves in the back shop.

I truly enjoy shopping in China and Japan because the offerings feel authentic. Moreover, I always feel as though I have purchased something exotic and special.

I do not understand why it is so hard to offer unique gifts, themed to each World Showcase pavilion. There are more than enough generic, Disney Parks and Disney Store offerings throughout the parks and resorts.

SpaceMountain77

No. That was just a faux rumor that was floated in the thread.

Outside of this thread, I have seen this rumor mentioned on other Disney fan sites, but do not know if it is being spread by the same users or others. Given Epcot's history (e.g., Journey into Imagination, Wonders of Life pavilion), I think we are all expecting the worst from Disney executives.

Bocabear

Agreed...Whatever department is running all the merchandising is doing a really crappy job... The quality of good has continually gone down over the last 10 years, and the shopping experiences have become generic... I am hoping they have some new leadership...looks like they are just starting to put some thought into their souvenirs lately... I am hoping Destination Shopping comes back...

SpaceMountain77

Agreed...Whatever department is running all the merchandising is doing a really crappy job... The quality of good has continually gone down over the last 10 years, and the shopping experiences have become generic... I am hoping they have some new leadership...looks like they are just starting to put some thought into their souvenirs lately... I am hoping Destination Shopping comes back...

Do you follow Disneyland Today on Facebook? A month or so ago, there was a Disney Parks article describing the reimagining of the shops in New Orleans Square and, specifically, the introduction of new merchandise. The shops will soon be offering a variety of gifts from/inspired by New Orleans, themed to the land.

Oddly, the article made it sound like this was an entirely novel idea. It was almost as if Disneyland had forgotten its own magic. All of the shops in the various lands previously offered gifts fitting of their theme. Now, this return to an original idea is somehow innovative.

dadddio

A few years ago, in fall 2011, the middle shop, which has painted blue walls, was a dedicated Essence of Norway boutique. It was a nicely appointed fragrance and body boutique, with dedicated cast members. When I visited last December, the shop had become another generic princess merchandise location and the Essence of Norway products were displayed on a few shelves in the back shop.

I truly enjoy shopping in China and Japan because the offerings feel authentic. Moreover, I always feel as though I have purchased something exotic and special.

I do not understand why it is so hard to offer unique gifts, themed to each World Showcase pavilion. There are more than enough generic, Disney Parks and Disney Store offerings throughout the parks and resorts.
It's 'hard' because people aren't buying enough of them. If these items were selling well, the company would be expanding their offering, not limiting them.

Alektronic

The Arendelle rumor has been mentioned in a few places on this site. Including once by a trusted insider (although dismissed by another) and a full pavilion Frozenification has been mentioned on twitter in the last few days. I’m not saying this makes it true. But the implication that it was just a rumor drummed up by fan speculation is dismissing it a bit too much I think (not referring to your post here). People have said they have seen plans. That, to me, is enough to worry about.

It might have been proposed by somebody at sometime, but it's not going to happen. Maybe they will have a small section called arendelle for the Meet and Greet.

SpaceMountain77

It's 'hard' because people aren't buying enough of them. If these items were selling well, the company would be expanding their offering, not limiting them.

This is certainly understandable. However, I do not see how a saturated princess and Disney Store products market is necessary in every shop. If you did not buy the Mickey bag/chip clips in the Emporium, Mouse Gear or Beach Club Marketplace, then why are you going to buy them in Norway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom