Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceMountain77

I don't know that they would go so far as to change the name of the pavilion (I hope not!) But there's no telling with these people.

To me, keeping the name would be irresponsible, especially because of the surrounding pavilions. I acknowledge that the purpose of the park is to entertain and inspire, but Arendelle, Norway would have the potential to confuse younger guests.

cw1982

To me, keeping the name would be irresponsible, especially because of the surrounding pavilions. I acknowledge that the purpose of the park is to entertain and inspire, but Arendelle, Norway would have the potential to confuse younger guests.

My point is that the whole thing has the potential to confuse younger guests, since none of the other pavilions showcase fictional lands in such an obvious way. I don't think there's a right way to do this that ends with any references to Arendelle.

SpaceMountain77

My point is that the whole thing has the potential to confuse younger guests, since none of the other pavilions showcase fictional lands in such an obvious way. I don't think there's a right way to do this that ends with any references to Arendelle.

I think Blue Sky needs to box it up, wrap it in blue snowflake paper and send it to the VP of DHS
:D

cw1982

I think Blue Sky needs to box it up, wrap it in blue snowflake paper and send it to the VP of DHS
:D

Honestly, if we're talking about an entire land, I think it's a better fit in NFL, but I'll take HS over Norway any day.

It could work in HS if the correct angle was used to approach it; otherwise, HS will have even more of an identity crisis than it does now lol.

But yes. Anything is better than the currently rumored plans.

SpaceMountain77

Honestly, if we're talking about an entire land, I think it's a better fit in NFL, but I'll take HS over Norway any day.

It could work in HS if the correct angle was used to approach it; otherwise, HS will have even more of an identity crisis than it does now lol.

But yes. Anything is better than the currently rumored plans.

Agreed. New Fantasyland is the perfect home for Arendelle, but I highly doubt it would be added.

I am actually okay with a DHS mess if it results in the preservation of Epcot's legacy and integrity.

aladdin2007

If this does come to pass, which I strongly hope it does not, then it will truly be difficult for me to Discover the Wonder of Epcot. It is very hard to appreciate what is when you know what was.

I think it would be very hard to get me to go back to Epcot if they basically erase Norway as we know it. I know it sounds extreme but thats just how I feel about it and thats how much it would upset me.

acishere

I think it would be very hard to get me to go back to Epcot if they basically erase Norway as we know it. I know it sounds extreme but thats just how I feel about it and thats how much it would upset me.
At the very least I am no longer going to make any purchases in the Norway pavilion or ride the overlay. Decisions like this are souring WDW as a whole for me, but I know I have one more trip in the near future so I'm going to have to just state that I don't want to ride it and move on.

SpaceMountain77

At the very least I am no longer going to make any purchases in the Norway pavilion or ride the overlay. Decisions like this are souring WDW as a whole for me, but I know I have one more trip in the near future so I'm going to have to just state that I don't want to ride it and move on.

What could you possibly purchase from one of the shops? Over the past few years, the shelves and racks have thinned significantly. There seems to be considerably more space than product from Norway. It is truly sad.

acishere

What could you possibly purchase from one of the shops? Over the past few years, the shelves and racks have thinned significantly. There seems to be considerably more space than product from Norway. It is truly sad.
I'm including the bakery and the beer cart in that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom