FastPass+ UnFair process Confirmed

Disneyhead'71

Yes, as well they should.

Your having a PAP for "X" amount of years bears no correlation with the current guests ability to obtain Fastpass's.

Why should it?
So, someone who payed $99 for one night at the All Stars (off-season) gets to walk right up and meet the pretty Princesses while someone who paid $605 for a PAP gets to wait for 4 hours in the stand by line.

Seems fair.

cw1982

This is just purely my opinion and not meant to offend anyone, but I don't get the M&G's where the "character" has a human face. Always seemed weird to me. I have 2 boys so they aren't really into princesses anyway, but when we met Peter Pan and Wendy it was just a little strange to me. I know Mickey is just some guy in a costume, but it's just different.

Hah! I've felt the same way :)

So, someone who payed $99 for one night at the All Stars (off-season) gets to walk right up and meet the pretty Princesses while someone who paid $605 for a PAP gets to wait for 4 hours in the stand by line.

Seems fair.

Except for a few things:

1. You're not factoring in park tickets for those without an AP.
2. People who stay on site seldom stay just one night. They often pay more for their room for the trip duration than the cost of the AP, plus they still buy park tickets.
3. AP'S get discounts that no one else can get, right? So the person staying at a value resort is paying even more than AP's are by the time we factor in the price difference in the items that get that AP discount.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Seems fair.

It's not really a matter of fair. Disney wants to rent hotel rooms so they are offering a perk.

If the same person who stays in the All Star for $99 stays 7 nights, buys a 7 day park hopper and DDP for their family of 4 they are dropping close to $3,000 for that trip. That's more than a family of 4 with 4 PAPs.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Seems fair.
Yep...sure does.

I really tire of the Annual Pass entitlement syndrome.

ninjaprincesst

Soooooo, someone who ponies up the big bucks for one night at the all stars gets preferential treatment over someone who has had a PAP for over a decade. Got it. Good to know.
It is not about the money. It is simple, it is a perk for choosing to be an onsite guest. Everyone has the freedom to choose if they wish to be an onsite guest and take advantage of the perk. However when you take into consideration the cost of a one day park ticket and the cost of the room, that person is paying considerably more for that day in the park than the PAP is paying for a day in the park

ninjaprincesst

Soooooo, someone who ponies up the big bucks for one night at the all stars gets preferential treatment over someone who has had a PAP for over a decade. Got it. Good to know.
And how many days is that PAP holder using their pass to go to the parks? They are paying far less per park visit than the value resort guest. And for the most part all the whining and complaining comes down to the Anna and Elsa fastpass as everything else is still available.

flynnibus

Premium Member

The AP is not a loyalty program and never has been. The AP who has had it one day is the same as someone who has had it for 20yrs. While people may be loyal to Disney, Disney has not returned the favor.

I do think Disney should have a loyalty program and actually replace the AP program.. but that's just me :)

Disneyhead'71

It's not really a matter of fair. Disney wants to rent hotel rooms so they are offering a perk.

If the same person who stays in the All Star for $99 stays 7 nights, buys a 7 day park hopper and DDP for their family of 4 they are dropping close to $3,000 for that trip. That's more than a family of 4 with 4 PAPs.
But if someone buys one night in the all stars (say $99 off season), buys a 1 day/1 park pass for $100, they get better access for $199 than someone that paid $605. You would think that at least the Premium Annual Pass would be at 60 days for FP+ bookings.

Disneyhead'71

And how many days is that PAP holder using their pass to go to the parks? They are paying far less per park visit than the value resort guest. And for the most part all the whining and complaining comes down to the Anna and Elsa fastpass as everything else is still available.
One. The person, because of circumstances beyond their control, was only able to use the pass one day this year. Why do you ask?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I still can't believe we are arguing over 60 vs 30 days. There is absolutely no difference. It may make resort guests feel better about themselves but that is about it.

ninjaprincesst

But if someone buys one night in the all stars (say $99 off season), buys a 1 day/1 park pass for $100, they get better access for $199 than someone that paid $605. You would think that at least the Premium Annual Pass would be at 60 days for FP+ bookings.
First you choose to buy the annual pass, second you choose not to stay at a disney resort, third I'm sure you go to the parks many times a year using that annual pass so the per visit cost is low. As somone stated earlier there are discounts and perks associated with a AP that others don't get. You choose to stay onsite or not and that is just a perk for staying onsite, It is all about choices. Plus as stated earlier it only really affect the Anna and Elsa fastpass so everyone is getting all out of joint over two teenage girls in halloween costumes.

mousehockey37

As everyone is saying, this is a perk of staying onsite. If you think it should be an entitlement of a PAP, then write your emails and call your CMs... It's that simple.

One. The person, because of circumstances beyond their control, was only able to use the pass one day this year. Why do you ask?

Well, everyone encounters things beyond their control, but sorry for yer luck fella. The investment in the PAP isn't going to pay off for this year then. Hope they got the most out of that 1 day for $605. I know it sounds insensitive, but that's a risk/reward relationship when you make that purchase.

Disneyhead'71

As everyone is saying, this is a perk of staying onsite. If you think it should be an entitlement of a PAP, then write your emails and call your CMs... It's that simple.

Well, everyone encounters things beyond their control, but sorry for yer luck fella. The investment in the PAP isn't going to pay off for this year then. Hope they got the most out of that 1 day for $605. I know it sounds insensitive, but that's a risk/reward relationship when you make that purchase.
Oh, I understand that it is a new perk for staying on site, but up until now, in the parks during regular operating hours, everyone was on a level playing field. Not anymore. And for the purposes of this conversation it's not about paying off, it's about access. But the point that APers visit more often so they shouldn't whine is short sighted. There are a lot of families that visit only once a year but buy one AP and regular park hoppers for the rest of the family for the parking and discounts. Everyone's situation is different.

And I should point out that I am not a WDW AP holder.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Oh, I understand that it is a new perk for staying on site, but up until now, in the parks during regular operating hours, everyone was on a level playing field. Not anymore. And for the purposes of this conversation it's not about paying off, it's about access. But the point that APers visit more often so they shouldn't whine is short sighted. There are a lot of families that visit only once a year but buy one AP and regular park hoppers for the rest of the family for the parking and discounts. Everyone's situation is different.

30 days vs 60 days is a level playing field. As I said, it is just a number that makes resort guests think they are getting a special benefit. You will get the same choices of attractions at 30 or 60. Just let it go....Let it Go! Let it Go!

bc08210c19369c3f19c69e1880f89165.jpg

mousehockey37

What is there to not understand about this? Disney decided not to include AP holders in the perk. If any of them feel cheated by this, 1. look at all the access they get for other things that non AP holders don't and 2. as I stated previously, contact Disney and raise a stink about it. Just be prepared that either A) the price of the AP will increase or B) some other perk will disappear.

Yes, you are right, there are a lot of families that visit once a year and use the method you described. Now, of those families, are they onsite guests? If they are, this entire thing is invalid because AP holder or not, they'll have the access at 60 days!

cw1982

I still can't believe we are arguing over 60 vs 30 days. There is absolutely no difference. It may make resort guests feel better about themselves but that is about it.

Couldn't agree more!

Ok, but onsite guests are just barely getting any kind of edge. The majority of them are not having much luck booking Anna and Elsa either, and as we have established numerous times already, the extra 30 days in that window is really not making a difference for anything else.

And if a family is only buying one AP for the free parking and discounts, then that family is no more loyal to Disney than the family who chooses to stay offsite and pay for parking rather than staying onsite. This really just adds to the argument of why AP's shouldn't necessarily mean more entitlements above and beyond resort guests, if not everyone buying an AP is using it in the way they are (assumedly) intended.

I still don't understand why this whole issue is such a hot topic right now. No one is complaining about resort guests having free parking or extra time in the parks, but getting first dibs on fast passes is a problem?!? I'm about to "unwatch" this thread and others like it and move on, because it's clear that some people just aren't happy unless they have something to gripe about.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Couldn't agree more!

Ok, but onsite guests are just barely getting any kind of edge. The majority of them are not having much luck booking Anna and Elsa either, and as we have established numerous times already, the extra 30 days in that window is really not making a difference for anything else.

And if a family is only buying one AP for the free parking and discounts, then that family is no more loyal to Disney than the family who chooses to stay offsite and pay for parking rather than staying onsite. This really just adds to the argument of why AP's shouldn't necessarily mean more entitlements above and beyond resort guests, if not everyone buying an AP is using it in the way they are (assumedly) intended.

I still don't understand why this whole issue is such a hot topic right now. No one is complaining about resort guests having free parking or extra time in the parks, but getting first dibs on fast passes is a problem?!? I'm about to "unwatch" this thread and others like it and move on, because it's clear that some people just aren't happy unless they have something to gripe about.

Your countdown! 14 days!

BigTxEars

Well crap now I am confused. We will staying on site with PAPs starting next Jan, do I get
Indeed! I'm so ridiculously excited! :)

Ha! 13 days baby!!!! And I am gonna buy up all the

nv34oz.jpg

before you get there! :hungry:

Now if you have a FP+ or two to trade we can do business :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom