FastPass+ UnFair process Confirmed

andycfoster

Original Poster
This is a strong word but after talking to guest relations it seems like its the only appropriate one. They contacted the fastpass+ development team and confirmed the following that at 60 days out the full allocation of fastpasses are released so if they have gone your onl ychance is if someone releases one.

So why do I raise this point. Well I have no problem with fastpass+ its a great idea and I also am not against prioritising resort guests with an extra 30 day window over all other guests as lets face it they are paying alot for a hotel room.

However by releasing all the fastpasses rather than holding some back to the 30 day window means that resort guests can book all the fastpasses leaving non resort guests with no physical way of getting a fast pass. This is simple DISCRIMINATION

Okay its not every ride I here you say and I agree we are mainly talking items like (anna & elsa), illuminations fireworks, potentially the new mine trian although thats less likely but it happens. I personally have logged on at midnight after a long day at work and when my 30 day window opened I find nothing avaliable for these specific rides within 30 seconds, well it drives you a little bit mad. This is what prompted me to find out the rules from disney and I bet your as supprised with the result as I am.

So I think we need to advertise this more so disney updates its processes to release two alloations one at 60 days and a second set at 30days. This is then fair on all and no longer disctimination.

Whats your views?

andycfoster

Original Poster
As a non resort guest (I'm actually a premium annual passholder) we have 0.01% of a chance of getting a fastpass+ for the obvious case of Anna & Elsa as resort guest will book them all. If we have no chance of getting a ticket its prejudicial treatment and thats discrimination. If at 30 days a second set were released then we have a at least an allocation that we have a chance of getting and that then is fair. Does not guarntee we get one but at least we might and thats my simple point here and what disney need to change

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
As a non resort guest (I'm actually a premium annual passholder) we have 0.01% of a chance of getting a fastpass+ for the obvious case of Anna & Elsa as resort guest will book them all. If we have no chance of getting a ticket its prejudicial treatment and thats discrimination. If at 30 days a second set were released then we have a at least an allocation that we have a chance of getting and that then is fair. Does not guarntee we get one but at least we might and thats my simpe point here
That M&G is an extreme outlier right now. And as (yet another, what a surprise) a PAP I assume your proximity to WDW is closer than most? And if so, you would have far greater a number of opportunities for that M&G (or anything else) than a visitor from afar staying on-site. Either way, it's not discrimination....

andycfoster

Original Poster
Actually I'm over 2.5 hours away and agree that M&G is an obvious one but it exists on other rides as well. I just want the process to be fair to all. I have actually found the system very good and am in no way complaining about it as bringing my family from abroad to join us it looks to work very well in most cases. I'm just asking for a fair fight on the tickets thats all

ninjaprincesst

I don't think it is discrimination, it is simply a perk for staying in a Disney resort, of course they are going to give first shot at the fastpasses to those that are staying on property, it encourages people to stay on property. Why would they hold back fastpasses for those that are staying off property and cause people that are staying on property to not be able to get the fastpasses they want? It is a reward just like extra magic hours.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
This is a strong word but after talking to guest relations it seems like its the only appropriate one. They contacted the fastpass+ development team and confirmed the following that at 60 days out the full allocation of fastpasses are released so if they have gone your onl ychance is if someone releases one.

So why do I raise this point. Well I have no problem with fastpass+ its a great idea and I also am not against prioritising resort guests with an extra 30 day window over all other guests as lets face it they are paying alot for a hotel room.

However by releasing all the fastpasses rather than holding some back to the 30 day window means that resort guests can book all the fastpasses leaving non resort guests with no physical way of getting a fast pass. This is simple DISCRIMINATION

Okay its not every ride I here you say and I agree we are mainly talking items like (anna & elsa), illuminations fireworks, potentially the new mine trian although thats less likely but it happens. I personally have logged on at midnight after a long day at work and when my 30 day window opened I find nothing avaliable for these specific rides within 30 seconds, well it drives you a little bit mad. This is what prompted me to find out the rules from disney and I bet your as supprised with the result as I am.

So I think we need to advertise this more so disney updates its processes to release two alloations one at 60 days and a second set at 30days. This is then fair on all and no longer disctimination.

Whats your views?
Crap like this diminishes real discrimination.

cw1982

As @wm49rs said, Anna and Elsa is a different animal from the rest of the system right now. The only other thing you pointed to with any definite exclusions were the fireworks and parades, but those don't usually open up until closer to the day of the shows, so those aren't really valid examples of how anyone is suffering by not being able to book until 30 days out.

Last edited:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Actually I'm over 2.5 hours away and agree that M&G is an obvious one but it exists on other rides as well. I just want the process to be fair to all. I have actually found the system very good and am in no way complaining about it as bringing my family from abroad to join us it looks to work very well in most cases. I'm just asking for a fair fight on the tickets thats all
Two and a half hours is still closer than most. And it is obvious that the window for those on-site is greater as a benefit to being a resort guest. As is the 180-day window for ADRs. Again, not discrimination.

andycfoster

Original Poster
I did say its a strong word and I accept that but I used it to help generate a discussion - hence I changed the title to unfair process.

I agree its a fair perk for resort guests but its unfair to not allow anychance for others. Why not release 60% at 60 days and 40% at 30 days. Hence the perk still exists as all resort guests get a chance for 100% of allocation but at least the rest of us also get a shot

cw1982

What rides? The only ride you have mentioned is the mine train, and I haven't heard of anyone not being able to get the FP for that yet... especially at 30 days out.

BigTxEars

Discrimination? That word is way way overused these days IMO, and not just at on here. This is just one more example.

I have zero problem with the currrent system, it's a paid for perk by resort guest. If anybody wants it they can pay for it as well. When Disney denies a stay at a resort to someone when there are rooms open then we can talk discrimination.

andycfoster

Original Poster
can I be clear - I'm no knocking fastpass+

forget the word then lets just talk about the process.

Is it fair to release 100% of the allocation at 60 days?

cw1982

I'm less than three weeks out from my trip, which is in June, so a fairly busy time of the year, and I can still get a fastpass for any ride I want for any day of my trip. Just two nights ago, I was able to completely rearrange my fastpasses, including getting a new time for TSMM, which is supposedly the most popular fastpass at HS, and I had plenty of options to pick from as far as times available.

Seeing as how Anna and Elsa are going to be unavailable pretty much no matter when people can book that, and I still haven't seen any other evidence to support your point, I have to disagree. I'm not seeing any evidence that anyone is at a true disadvantage by having resort guests being able to book earlier than everyone else. Sure, booking earlier is a perk, but in my experience thus far there are still plenty of options available, even at 18 days out. Others have said that even less than ten days out, there is still plenty of flexibility in the system.

BigTxEars

Yes, it's a Disney park and they want guest in beds on property so they release the FP+ early to them as a perk. I think it's perfectly fair. I think it's perfectly fair that people who pay for special seating at the fireworks get better seating than I do at the fireworks, whats the difference? It's a paid for perk.

I do not think releasing limited numbers of FP+ to resort guest and then releasing the others latter is smart business. If a guest pays for the perk they should get full access to that perk until it is gone. If I pay for it I would want full access to it, if I did not get it I would be a whole less likely to pay for it the next trip. That hurts Disney so why would they do it?

"Stay on property and get early access to FP+" sounds a lot better than "Stay on property and get early access to limited FP+" is how I look at it.

donsullivan

Premium Member
As an Orlando local Passholder, I can say from my personal experience what the OP describes does not represent the reality I've experienced with FP+ since late January when I became eligible.

I typically can only visit on weekends and will normally decide on Thursday or Friday that I might want to hit one on of the parks and sometimes not until day-of. With only very rare exception I have no trouble getting FP+ for attractions like Soarin' or Peter Pan's Flight, both of which I hadn't ridden in years since I normally don't get there in time for a FP and didn't want to stand in those crazy standby lines. I typically don't even have trouble getting something within a time interval that I desire. on any of my visits.

While there is a lot of hyperbole about these sorts of things, in my personal experience it is not based on facts, just Internet noise that I don't find true in the real world. Will you have issues on individual days, especially holidays or spring break week- of course but that is very much the exception. I went to MK the day before Easter and on the same day got an FP for Peter Pan, Space Mountain and Big Thunder all on the same day.

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!

I guess I'll have to stalk it like I do California Grill if my preferred seating isn't available at 180 days. Nard up Mr. Foster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom