FastPass+ UnFair process Confirmed

cw1982

Well crap now I am confused. We will staying on site with PAPs starting next Jan, do I get

Ha! 13 days baby!!!! And I am gonna buy up all the

nv34oz.jpg

before you get there! :hungry:

Now if you have a FP+ or two to trade we can do business :happy:

OMG you big meanie! That's just brutal.

And... now you must tell me where to find these gems so I can be sure to pick one up when I get there the day after you. Thanks a lot for forcing me to add yet one more item to my long list of foods to look for! ;)

BigTxEars

Most of the resort gift shops have them. The Candy Cauldron at DTD has them and any of the candy shops will at the parks. I think they are $3-$4 buy oh so yummy!

cw1982

Most of the resort gift shops have them. The Candy Cauldron at DTD has them and any of the candy shops will at the parks. I think they are $3-$4 buy oh so yummy!

Sounds like a fairly decent bargain for Disney standards lol, especially at that size. Thanks! :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
But if someone buys one night in the all stars (say $99 off season), buys a 1 day/1 park pass for $100, they get better access for $199 than someone that paid $605. You would think that at least the Premium Annual Pass would be at 60 days for FP+ bookings.

That's really up to the PAP holders. I know it's a tired cliche to say "then don't buy it", but in his case it really works. If they get a lot of negative feedback from PAP holders and a big enough decrease in sales they might add it as a perk.

I go back to EMHs. Was that offered to PAP holders? There have always been on property perks and there always will be. Have you seen the costs of the Disney hotels? Gotta offer something.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The AP is not a loyalty program and never has been. The AP who has had it one day is the same as someone who has had it for 20yrs. While people may be loyal to Disney, Disney has not returned the favor.

I do think Disney should have a loyalty program and actually replace the AP program.. but that's just me :)
Wasn't that supposed to be a part of my magic plus. Use all the data gathered to taylor offerings to guests exact wants...Or maybe I just made that up in my head since it's such a good idea:cool:

Tom

Beta Return
I guess if I buy a upper level seat at the MLB game I am a second class citizen because I am not down in the "good" seats. Damn MLB greed! Who do they think they are offering me a 100% luxury item and then having the nerve to charge me to "upgrade" when I go! For that matter why is Chiles charging me more for a steak than a hamburger? That is crap!!! I should get whatever else gets regards of how much I spend!! And don't get me started on home builders, really a bigger better home cost more than a smaller one? How is that "fair".....

All I know is that next time I go to Taco Bell they better not try to charge me more to upgrade to a large combo! o_O

Damn free market economy.......

Wait just a damn minute there........

Taco Bells in your area have various sized combos??? :confused:

I must admit that I was worried about the waits I would incur when I heard that resort guests got to book 60 days in advance. When they changed it to off-site guests could book 30 days in advance I was much happier. I think they listened to concerns people were having. I think we should prob just be grateful that they changed it to include off-site guests and to include more that 3 fast passes a day as this was not in their original plan. X

wdwstateofmind

This is a strong word but after talking to guest relations it seems like its the only appropriate one. They contacted the fastpass+ development team and confirmed the following that at 60 days out the full allocation of fastpasses are released so if they have gone your onl ychance is if someone releases one.

So why do I raise this point. Well I have no problem with fastpass+ its a great idea and I also am not against prioritising resort guests with an extra 30 day window over all other guests as lets face it they are paying alot for a hotel room.

However by releasing all the fastpasses rather than holding some back to the 30 day window means that resort guests can book all the fastpasses leaving non resort guests with no physical way of getting a fast pass. This is simple DISCRIMINATION

Okay its not every ride I here you say and I agree we are mainly talking items like (anna & elsa), illuminations fireworks, potentially the new mine trian although thats less likely but it happens. I personally have logged on at midnight after a long day at work and when my 30 day window opened I find nothing avaliable for these specific rides within 30 seconds, well it drives you a little bit mad. This is what prompted me to find out the rules from disney and I bet your as supprised with the result as I am.

So I think we need to advertise this more so disney updates its processes to release two alloations one at 60 days and a second set at 30days. This is then fair on all and no longer disctimination.

Whats your views?
I don't think you understand discrimination...applying it to fastpass + is a little offensive seeing there are actual groups of people discriminated against for more than just waiting for a ride...but hey, if that nonsense made you feel better than so be it...

Tom

Beta Return
I don't think you understand discrimination...applying it to fastpass + is a little offensive seeing there are actual groups of people discriminated against for more than just waiting for a ride...but hey, if that nonsense made you feel better than so be it...

Well, the word applies vaguely by dictionary description (if you decide the practice is "unfair"), but it certainly isn't an illegal discrimination practice. Nobody's rights are being violated.

andycfoster

Original Poster
Firstly I accept that I over emphrasised and picked a bad word to get the conversation flowing - hence notice I changed the title so please ignore that as its missing the focus of what I was refering to. Also this is not anything to do with annual pass holders either, even though I have just got one for the first time ever.

I love fast pass+ and have used it succesfully since posting here for my trip other than at 12PM midnight 30 days out trying to get for Anna/Elsa, Fantasia, Illuminations which is just annoying after a long day at work.

I felt when disney confirmed to me how the system works that it was unfair. The point I was trying to make is that if you advertise you can book fast passes at 30 days out if your not at a resort guest then you need to ensure it is possible on all attractions to be fair and provide what you advertise. In other words there should be a small quanity that become available 30days out. (lets say 80% at 60 days and say 20% at 30 days) This way you have at least given anyone who makes effrt to stay up late a chance and given the perks to the people prepared to pay disney resort prices.

Thats it really - I'm going to leave the forumn now and let you discuss.

cw1982

Firstly I accept that I over emphrasised and picked a bad word to get the conversation flowing - hence notice I changed the title so please ignore that as its missing the focus of what I was refering to. Also this is not anything to do with annual pass holders either, even though I have just got one for the first time ever.

I love fast pass+ and have used it succesfully since posting here for my trip other than at 12PM midnight 30 days out trying to get for Anna/Elsa, Fantasia, Illuminations which is just annoying after a long day at work.

I felt when disney confirmed to me how the system works that it was unfair. The point I was trying to make is that if you advertise you can book fast passes at 30 days out if your not at a resort guest then you need to ensure it is possible on all attractions to be fair and provide what you advertise. In other words there should be a small quanity that become available 30days out. (lets say 80% at 60 days and say 20% at 30 days) This way you have at least given anyone who makes effrt to stay up late a chance and given the perks to the people prepared to pay disney resort prices.

I think everyone fully understands what your issue was and what your proposed solution is, but I also think that many here still would not agree with you. As we have established numerous times already, everything but Anna and Elsa is usually available at 30 days out. Illuminations will not be available to anyone at 30 days out because that, and other parades and fireworks shows, do not open up until closer to the date of the show for planning purposes.

Furthermore, if Disney has advertised that people who stay onsite can book those attractions at 60 days out, and then they reserve 20% of those passes for people who will be booking 30 days later, they are disappointing their biggest source of money, since onsite guests tend to give Disney more of their disposable income than AP's or offsite guests. Thus, who are they less likely to want to disappoint: the people who are spending thousands of dollars for a week's trip, or the people who have spent a fraction of that at Disney and are giving the rest of their vacation dollars to someone else? That that those who stay offsite matter less on a personal level, but when you're working hard to drive up guest spending, and hotel stays are a big part of that spending, of course they are going to give their best perks to those who are staying onsite. To that extent, holding back fastpasses for the benefit those who are not staying onsite just doesn't make sense.

It's not about fair and unfair. It's about protecting their bottom line.

ninjaprincesst

The point is you can not say it is a perk for some resort guests and not others by limiting the quantity released. Second, from everything I have heard everything is available at 30 days out and even on the day of arrival at the parks except Anna and Elsa, that is the only one that is gone, so I just don't get your point. As for the MEP, Illuminations ect. they are not released until much closer to your trip (if I recall my last trip it was like 10 days out) and in my opinion the fastpasses for parades and shows are a waste of a fastpass, they really don't help very much.

MadMax11

I asked this in another thread..but this thread has more traffic so I'll ask here too:

If you showed up on a day with no fast passes reserved at all...and totally winged it...just went straight to the kiosk in the morning to see about grabbing fast passes...how likely would you be to get E-ticket ride fast passes? How likely would you be able to get fast passes to rides like Space Mountain/Soarin/Splash Mountain/Everest etc?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom