Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

Cesar R M

Safety is the main issue. How many injuries have been caused by the yeti ever since it went anti-mobile? None. Zero. Zilch.

You're welcome.
clever.. very clever..

rgYosgN.gif

Sidenote: if the cast is going to give a fantastic performance day in and day out, A multibillion dollar company owes it to them to make sure that everything performs correctly as well.

if not, they will use it as excuse to fire CMS and get other ones. ;)

Just saying, their record profits don't come from nowhere. They come from the wallets of their guests. Money that was willingly given. If Disney is earning that money, they have every right to tout it. If you don't like it, as people here always say, vote with your wallet. Don't go. I just think it's funny that you acknowledge that the parade is fantastic, yet you walk out pessimistic and irritated over one effect being turned off for what could easily have been a safety situation. Not a very healthy mind set, in my opinion.

He as a point and so do you.
But reading his post.. Its pretty clear the issue is: FOF was hyped as much as the new "second coming" of fantasyland(aka the mine ride).
Can you imagine if the animatronics of the mine ride didn't work? I would be ed to.
The same could have been said of the FOF dragon if it failed; as it is one of the most talked and hyped parts of the FOF parade..

tcsnwhite

We can speculate until the cows come home why there was no fire today... It won't make any difference. There was no fire, I'm sorry if it ruins anyone's trip.. but at least the EPIC dragon is still in the parade.. Would we rather they just cut the dragon when there can be no fire? Maybe it was a technical glitch, a safety sensor may have been triggered and the effect was shut off, maybe it was shut off due to wind.. Maybe for them to add more fire they need to put in a new fire system so they removed that one... So many factors could be at play, but I doubt any of them are due to it suddenly being broken and no longer working.

As someone involved in performance, especially live performance... Stuff happens, it is the nature of the beast. It could have been working the moment it came out on the route, and something came up half way through the parade... We just don't know, but it is something you have to accept when it comes to live performance... it may not always be perfect. But everyone damn well tries their hardest to make it be as perfect as possible.

This is very well said.
Yes, all elements should be working, esp. only 4 days after premiering...but Steven's parades are often very complex technically, and it's not unusual for certain elements to need tweaking even after a parade opens. Happened with Parade of Dreams at DL too. And sometimes, things just don't always work. As a viewer, and as someone who has studied/worked in the performing arts, I've seen things work one moment, and not the next, and sometimes from show to show...for various reasons. I remember a few show stops in Parade of Dreams that I would always catch...and there would be those off days when a certain effect wouldn't work on one show stop, but suddenly work on the next, during that same performance. (That's just one of many examples) Yes, it does suck when you pay your money and expect (and should) see the full production properly...but things do sometimes fail. (I'm sure some folks here are going to have a field day with this).

As for effects and even costuming...it's not uncommon for there to be changes/cuts when weather issues arise - particularly wind. Steven's productions often use a lot of weather-sensitive elements, such as with big costumes (like the Starfish dancer in TLM unit), stilts, or puppetry, that get cut on windy/wet days. Parades at DL, HKDL, and TDL often will send out those dancers/floats on the route, but take out the stilts/puppets/or big costume pieces... or cut special effects on floats... if it's not safe for that day's particular weather.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

call me a fanboy, but give disney some time to work out the glitches. if this is a permanent change, then you can complain.
Agree.. if they're glitches in the first place.

It can be a lot of things.

• Someone mentioned Fire regulations (safety)
  • Other mentioned Glitches.
  • Other mentioned Propane costs.
  • Outright plain greed by the Accountants at TDA blocking TDO's budget.
MAKE YOUR BETS!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom