The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

Bolna

I appreciate all the information you post here but I think not having kids makes you miss the point sometimes. Hearing my 4 year old daughter call PUSH magical and talk about how funny he was hours after we saw it means a lot to me and is why I was upset about the situation. It didn't really bother me until she said that. Can't lose site of what these things mean to the children.

Yes, the resort needs a ton of work but they don't know that and they still have a blast. That same daughter wanted to know where all the kids rides were in DHS. I took her on Country Bear which was 3/4 empty and the show was terrible but in her eyes, wow singing bears. Same with the meet and gropes. They love them.

Fastpass + is working for us as well. Not sure if it is due to lighter crowds or that we don't need them for the non kid rides but so far I like it. Been able to change times on the fly.

I think @WDW1974 meant this more as an example of a general trend: People get more upset about a small thing and don't look at the bigger picture. You mention how much your daughter enjoyed PUSH and had a blast at WDW. But what makes the experience so magical is a complete package made up of so many things. And isn't it more scary that the general trend in the completeness of this package is decreasing due to management culture and other things? It is more the bigger picture that really matters than one talking trash can in my opinion - and I lost my special friend Pipa, PUSH's colleague who used to work at AK, quite some time ago, so I understand the sadness about a trash can...

michmousefan

That's weak. It was weak when Chris Kluwe said it and its weak when you say it. To think that it won't be a distraction at all is naive. I'm not saying he won't face prejudice from teams or teammates, just look for quotes that have popped up from anonymous gm's and scouts across the league already, but the onslaught of media, sports or otherwise is going to be tremendous.

A few years ago I couldn't get to my kids at summer camp to pick them up because the area was filled with cops, news vans, helicopters flying overhead. As a parent I really started to worry. What was it? Terrell Owens decided he wanted a new contract so left Eagles training camp and decided to hold court while working out on his front lawn.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic..._the_to_driveway_press_conference_2005/961635

Sometimes a distraction is really just a distraction.
The first guy will be a bit of a distraction... but nothing like the TO media circus stuff. TO was an entertainer who clearly loved being in the spotlight; Sam doesn't seem to be like that at all. Then the next guy will come out, and it will be less and less of a deal, so much so that soon enough it won't be any kind of deal at all and we can all get back to laughing at the scrimmage squad the Broncos fielded for the Super Bowl.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Im trying to find a qaulity ski ball machine(s) for my basement. Any recommendations on where I should start my quest? (besides ebay)

Classifieds, Craigslist, watch sites like KLOV for auctions or for sale in your area. Skeeball is an 'inbetween' category and depending on the model/generation are more commonly in sets and still used in redemption arcades.

Craigslist is really where most of the 'random' hits come from.

NowInc

Classifieds, Craigslist, watch sites like KLOV for auctions or for sale in your area. Skeeball is an 'inbetween' category and depending on the model/generation are more commonly in sets and still used in redemption arcades.

Craigslist is really where most of the 'random' hits come from.

Thankfully we in South Florida have this http://www.floridaape.org/ every year. Great place to meet people who buy, sell, and fix pinball and other types of amusement games. TOTALLY fun weekend too!

flynnibus

Premium Member
Thankfully we in South Florida have this http://www.floridaape.org/ every year. Great place to meet people who buy, sell, and fix pinball and other types of amusement games. TOTALLY fun weekend too!

Yeah, shows are great (especially ones that explicitly have flee markets). But Skeeballs, along with Bingos and shuffle/ball bowlers are tough to find at flea market/swaps because they are so big and bulky to move. Sellers don't like to transport them unless it's for a done deal, etc.

Goofyernmost

Full disclosure, I am not speaking from personal experience. But based on what I have been hearing from people who have been recently, the lines are artificially inflated NOW. I'm not talking about a future state.

I'm not sure what's sadder. Super FP-users complaing about the new restrictions or pixie-dusters defending every thing Disney does.
Was just there last week... didn't see that. I guess timing is everything.

Goofyernmost

I think the pictures of 30 yard long lines extending past the FP+ entrance are good example of how this begins. This is happening during slow season. Whats it gonna be like for summer? We rode Star Tours a few weeks ago and the FP+ line was extremely backed up at the entrance. Wife and I went through regular entrance and boarded before several of the people we saw waiting in FP+ line outside. IMO those folks waiting in FP+ line probly believed that their pre booked FP+ time was going to expedite their wait in line. Is that not an artificial line/experience?
Without knowing why, it means nothing. Breakdown, tour group, exaggerated line length. I was there and there were no thirty yard long lines, FP had no delay at all, and from what I could tell, the wait times were pretty close to right on. I guess what I see might be a mirage but, it is what I saw. I went during what was perhaps a slow time, but, because of that, I cannot, with any real confidence or facts to back it up, predict what it will be like during high season. That's all I'm saying along with the thought that neither can anyone else.

Goofyernmost

Pixie-dusters all the way. The Super-FP users (myself included) will figure out ways to use it to their liking, but WDW is just stale. Not much to hang your hat on.
Just curious but how does a person that frequents Disney often enough to become a "Super-FP" user able to deny the Pixie Dust influence that they possess themselves? Also unable to realize that WDW is "stale" because they personally have seen it so often that it has become old. Newer visitors are not encumbered with that emotion.

Fe Maiden

The first guy will be a bit of a distraction... but nothing like the TO media circus stuff. TO was an entertainer who clearly loved being in the spotlight; Sam doesn't seem to be like that at all.

I think that's why he'll be successful, it wasn't for media attention (though for him to "own" the story he needed to do it sooner rather than later and wait for other outlets to break the story.) He's comfortable with who he is and I can only hope that he'll make any NFL executive who passed on him because he's gay regret it.

Then the next guy will come out, and it will be less and less of a deal, so much so that soon enough it won't be any kind of deal at all and we can all get back to laughing at the scrimmage squad the Broncos fielded for the Super Bowl.

Yes it will be nice to just talk about football instead of sexual orientation, but we're never going to get there if it were not for Michael Sam. But something tells me we'll all find something else to get worked up about.

lobelia

Like NFL players owning and torturing dogs that fight to the death, others that murder acquaintances or those accused of rape? Sexual orientation isn't a distraction, it's the homophobic or naive reactions that are distractions. I find it ridiculous that teams are willing to support athletes convicted of crimes, but flinch when an known athlete is attracted to individuals of the same biological gender. I don't know about you but I don't spend my time worrying about who football players are dating.

He seems like a great kid. He is courageous.Completed college, hardworking athlete, comes from a caring family and is unwilling to play a role which is ingenue to his true self. I would be proud if my son had those traits.

SirLink

No, it won't. Not saying it isn't good, but....seriously...
It'll make just a fraction of Avatar's box office. Won't be in the top 5 for the year.

The breakout hit of the year will be The Lego Movie - more clever than any WDAS film ever, doesn't hit you over the head with the love trumps all angle Disney Corp. has pedaled since its inception. Has a nice clear modern fable of "anybody that can imagine will be more special than a drone".

SJN1279

The breakout hit of the year will be The Lego Movie - more clever than any WDAS film ever, doesn't hit you over the head with the love trumps all angle Disney Corp. has pedaled since its inception. Has a nice clear modern fable of "anybody that can imagine will be more special than a drone".

I walked out of The Lego Movie after 45 painful minutes. I really wanted to like it, but I thought it was juvenile and not really all that clever. Lego Star Wars on Cartoon Network has better animation and much stronger humor IMHO.

novawildcat18

Sounds like a perfect replacement for the Imagination Pavilion! Wait a second.....

SirLink

I walked out of The Lego Movie after 45 painful minutes. I really wanted to like it, but I thought it was juvenile and not really all that clever. Lego Star Wars on Cartoon Network has better animation and much stronger humor IMHO.

Eh that doesn't make a lot of sense particularly your point of stating that Lego Star Wars which is your base CGI is better than faux-stop motion CGI. Tells me a lot like you never saw the film.

bhg469

Like NFL players owning and torturing dogs that fight to the death, others that murder acquaintances or those accused of rape? Sexual orientation isn't a distraction, it's the homophobic or naive reactions that are distractions. I find it ridiculous that teams are willing to support athletes convicted of crimes, but flinch when an known athlete is attracted to individuals of the same biological gender. I don't know about you but I don't spend my time worrying about who football players are dating.

He seems like a great kid. He is courageous.Completed college, hardworking athlete, comes from a caring family and is unwilling to play a role which is ingenue to his true self. I would be proud if my son had those traits.
When I hear people talking about distractions regarding having a gay player on the team I immediately think they're being homophobic. A player dating a kardashian is more of a hinderence to the team than having a gay player.

PhotoDave219

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then that would be very interesting indeed. On one hand I almost couldn't believe it, but on the other I almost got dragged into a mud pit when the "person of interest" tried to drag me into a virtual slugfest via a conversation with someone in the photography community. Just ridiculous all around.

I use the "Block" button liberally.

rudyjr13

I think @WDW1974 meant this more as an example of a general trend: People get more upset about a small thing and don't look at the bigger picture. You mention how much your daughter enjoyed PUSH and had a blast at WDW. But what makes the experience so magical is a complete package made up of so many things. And isn't it more scary that the general trend in the completeness of this package is decreasing due to management culture and other things? It is more the bigger picture that really matters than one talking trash can in my opinion - and I lost my special friend Pipa, PUSH's colleague who used to work at AK, quite some time ago, so I understand the sadness about a trash can...

That makes sense. Thanks for the reply. I'm in agreement here. Like I said, fun can be had. Just got back from enjoying Dapper Dans. But if they continue to cut or lose those small things it adds up.

I think my point is I am here and I am having fun with my family but they can do so much more to improve the experience.

Last edited:

71jason

I walked out of The Lego Movie after 45 painful minutes. I really wanted to like it, but I thought it was juvenile and not really all that clever. Lego Star Wars on Cartoon Network has better animation and much stronger humor IMHO

Can't tell if this is a brilliant mocking of modern society's obsession with the toys of childhood, or a complete lack of self-awareness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom