What is that dirt section at SSR?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
His monorail discussions are often solicited. I like them.

btw, not that everything a CM tells you is true, on an Epcot tour backstage I was told that area to the west and north of Living Seas/Land is emergency water containment for the Seas itself with water treatment to the east of that and the old Living Seas/United Technologies logo'd helipad to the south of the overflow containment.
That is true.

Tonka's Skipper

I think @PeterAlt would admit that he obsesses about monorails at WDW. Nothing wrong with that. If he does feel bullied I would encourage him to communicate that thought via PM to anyone who he thinks is bullying him. Actually, I'd encourage anyone to do this since most of the folk at wdwmagic are nice and you do miss all kinds of nuances that are present in a face to face conversation. I admit I'm not the best person to talk to about this since not much bothers me. I am aware of this and since I do like to joke around I don't make it personal unless I'm 100% certain it doesn't bother the person (*crossing fingers and hoping that @Monty hasn't been crying himself to sleep at night after a strings of bad Canadian jokes*).

I agree totally George

Joking and ribbing is fine, Like you I do a fair amount of it!

AKK

Tonka's Skipper

You're really the only one bringing bullying into the equation. And it has been said that he was off-topic, yet on and on it goes....

Yes I am.I thought I was very clear about it, because that is how a number of posters act........they are bullying !

If the off topic thing bothers you, report the guy!

AKK

WDWFan_Boston

Tonka's Skipper said:
Peter is our local monorail expansion and transportation infrastructure guru and has the unique ability to tie most any thread to those topics. It's really a gift.

You must feel very self important?........you mock the guy rudely for nothing more then offering his views and opinions......

Frankly I don't agree with him on everything, but the possibility of a expansion of the monorail is not impossible. No one here has produced evidence its not, only rude opinion.

I guess since you seem to *know it all*, he should just bow down and worship you?

AKK
I saw no mocking....but then again I'm not certain at whom you are aiming those barbs.
unkadug, 9 minutes ago Report

Sorry Unkadug, I should have been clearer, It was *Hakunamatata*. I was referring to previous threads where Peter is rudely and mockingly been put down just for offering his views on a expanded Monorail, repeatedly.

Peter has always been polite. Yet a few make sport of him.

AKK

For someone who is worried about people being rude, your posts seem to come across pretty rude and condescending as well. Just a thought.

I, like many, have great respect for @PeterAlt. I think, deep down, we all hope that he is right ;)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yes I am.I thought I was very clear about it, because that is how a number of posters act........they are bullying !

If the off topic thing bothers you, report the guy!

AKK
How do you think so many of those threads and posts end up in the "Imagineering" forum? And yet, as I said before, on and on it goes....

Tonka's Skipper

For someone who is worried about people being rude, your posts seem to come across pretty rude and condescending as well. Just a thought.

I, like many, have great respect for @PeterAlt. I think, deep down, we all hope that he is right ;)

I am pointing out just what they are doing, seems from the responses they don't like being called on their actions.

Bullying and attacking!

I agree, many here do seem to like his posts and comments, as do I. I don't agree a new monorail line will be built anytime soon, but I don't go attacking him or attacking those that don't think a monorail will ever happen!

I do call them on being rude and bullying about it!.

AKK

PeterAlt

I am pointing out just what they are doing, seems from the responses they don't like being called on their actions.

Bullying and attacking!

I agree, many here do seem to like his posts and comments, as do I. I don't agree a new monorail line will be built anytime soon, but I don't go attacking him or attacking those that don't think a monorail will ever happen!

I do call them on being rude and bullying about it!.

AKK
By the way, I too don't think a new line will be built soon. There's been times in the past when we were sooner. The yard stick keeps getting moved. There's still much work to do before any new lines gets built, including rebuilding the old ones.

Siren

Some people wouldn't know "kind and respectable" if it slapped them in the face - twice. But, here's a clue - bullying, snide remarks, insults, and ugly gossip is not "kind or respectable" and the people who engage in these kinds of acts are not "kind and respectable." This thread is about dirt not throwing it at people.

PeterAlt

@Tonka's Skipper - I've played along with @PeterAlt in his threads a few times...I think one of Peter's good points is that he is very good natured about any ribbing he may get as is @hakunamatata. I think @hakunamatata would back down if it seemed like Peter had his feelings hurt. If anything, Mr. Alt seems to really step it up into high gear to prove everyone wrong which is really cool in its own way. I understand your concern though. Things can get lost in translation on message boards. If you're ribbing someone in real life, you have immediate feedback from facial expressions and the like which we miss here. Nonetheless, I've seen @hakunamatata's posts for years and I'm sure if he felt like he was really bothering Mr. Alt he would back down. I really haven't seen any sign that he bothers Peter. However, I've been in your (AKK's) position before where I'm not sure if certain posters are playing together well, but typically follow up posts reveal all is well about 97.3% of the time. The other 2.7% of the time there are tons of deleted posts and it seems as though @JenniferS was engaged in some kind of knock down drag out and you wonder what kind of mess could have been going on to drag one of the board's nicest members into aformentioned brawl.
His monorail discussions are often solicited. I like them.

btw, not that everything a CM tells you is true, on an Epcot tour backstage I was told that area to the west and north of Living Seas/Land is emergency water containment for the Seas itself with water treatment to the east of that and the old Living Seas/United Technologies logo'd helipad to the south of the overflow containment.
You pretty much got that right. There actually is just one person here that gets on my nerves quite often and it's not the person you mentioned. He is the only person in my ignore list. Occasionally, I temporarily I unignore him when I'm bored. Once, very recently, I did, and ended up on the warpath, so I'm not doing that again.

WDWFan_Boston

Some people wouldn't know "kind and respectable" if it slapped them in the face - twice. But, here's a clue - bullying, snide remarks, insults, and ugly gossip is not "kind or respectable" and the people who engage in these kinds of acts are not "kind and respectable." This thread is about dirt not throwing it at people.
Siren, I thought you "quit" the board. In fact, I thought you quit multiple times in one evening.

I think it's ironic that the people that are out there "policing" the group for etiquette are some of the most boorish and unmannerly on the board. If you have a problem, send a PM or contact @wdwmagic directly.

Siren, specifically for you, you probably should just make good on your promise. Your blood pressure will go down and you'll feel better for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom