Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
But the story is that evil elements in Disney (which of course are waging a war against the D23 camp, whatever that means), are leaking D23's massive plans to be released at D23 concerning this project. If such an announcement is coming for D23 (unlikely), wouldn't they already have given the green light?
Not always. There is still plenty of time between now and D23. Plenty of time for an existing project to be finalized, a project on a fast-track to be cancelled, something out of the blue to be decided upon by upper management. They are in the wonderful spot right now of building buzz for their expo without ever even saying 1 word (officially) about this expansion. If they decide to kill it last minute, no harm is done to them. If they decide to greenlight something else, same deal.

Is Iger going to say, "We're looking at several options for DHS, as I'm sure you've heard! Construction will start this year, end in 2018 . . . we're not sure what is going in it."
No, but it's corporate marketing selling to a captive and receptive audience. How about "We're planning the largest renovation to Disney's Hollywood Studios in that park's history."

Even the Avatar announcement had more info . . .i.e. what park and what theme the new area would have.

Yes, James Cameron's World of Avatar at DAK.
In this case, if rumors stand true, all they'd have to have is an equal statement, say:
Star Wars and Cars/Pixar expansion into DHS. One statement, identical to Avatar's announcement, and they can flesh out the details after.

Pixiedustmaker

Yes, but in all fairness we aren't as wired in to what happens during the process at Uni.
I know changes have been made to their projects over the years, but their leaks have been more controlled.

None of the insiders here knew about New Fantasyland or the Star Wars acquisition, or Avatar. Seems like Disney is pretty good at keeping a lid on things.

If somebody told me that Disney is building Carsland, StarWarsland, and a Pixar ride at DHS over the five years, and they aren't using the parking lot, I'd have to check the calendar to see if it was April Fool's!

PhotoDave219

None of the insiders here knew about New Fantasyland or the Star Wars acquisition, or Avatar. Seems like Disney is pretty good at keeping a lid on things.

If somebody told me that Disney is building Carsland, StarWarsland, and a Pixar ride at DHS over the five years, and they aren't using the parking lot, I'd have to check the calendar to see if it was April Fool's!

No, it seems like you really dont know what you're talking about. We've firmly established that in the past 48 hours.

Pixiedustmaker

Not always. There is still plenty of time between now and D23. Plenty of time for an existing project to be finalized, a project on a fast-track to be cancelled, something out of the blue to be decided upon by upper management. They are in the wonderful spot right now of building buzz for their expo without ever even saying 1 word (officially) about this expansion. If they decide to kill it last minute, no harm is done to them. If they decide to greenlight something else, same deal.

But the insiders say is has been finalized, nothing of magnitude will be canceled, non-D23 Disney people decided to hurt D23 by leaking the info prematurely. Hence, the greenlight has already been given, though the smaller details might change.

No, but it's corporate marketing selling to a captive and receptive audience. How about "We're planning the largest renovation to Disney's Hollywood Studios in that park's history."

I seriously doubt that any major project will be announced for D23, though the insiders are presenting it as "fact" that it will happen. If such an announcement is not made, then perhaps the insiders will say that of course the plans still on the table, but Iger got cold feet . . . with a major loss of credibility for them. Maybe they'll say that since the D23/Anti-D23 Civil War got to a head Iger decided to punish the leader by canceling the whole project.

In this case, if rumors stand true, all they'd have to have is an equal statement, say:
Star Wars and Cars/Pixar expansion into DHS. One statement, identical to Avatar's announcement, and they can flesh out the details after.

I agree if such a project were given the greenlight then Disney has nothing to lose by announcing this . . . though I seriously doubt a major DHS project will happen.

Pentacat

OK, so you're saying that irregardless of fine details . . . a massive project at DHS will be announced at D23 this year. I'll believe that when I see it!

I think that 'Anything is possible" is truly accurate as the rumors are, in my opinion, not coming from within Disney.

I'm lost, are you seriously questioning one of the handful of people around here that actually have a track record of providing information of substance or are you just trolling? If it's the latter please don't eat this post.

Most of us spend the majority of our time here speaking from an area below the belt and opposite of the front of our bodies. I've found @Lee speaks from a far more informed position.

Lee

Adventurer
I'm lost, are you seriously questioning one of the handful of people around here that actually have a track record of providing information of substance or are you just trolling? If it's the latter please don't eat this post.

Most of us spend the majority of our time here speaking from an area below the belt and opposite of the front of our bodies. I've found @Lee speaks from a far a far more informed position.
Why, thank you. I do my best.:)

As always, I try to provide what information I have in a timely and accurate manner.
Things change, sometimes multiple times, but I never knowingly spread false info. Everything is accurate at the time it is posted.

As I said earlier, it's Disney. They could do a 360 and announce a giant UP! land for AK and Wal-E at MK.
But right now...the plan discussed here is "reasonably close" (a source's words) to what is moving forward at the moment.

Skip

OK, so you're saying that irregardless of fine details . . . a massive project at DHS will be announced at D23 this year. I'll believe that when I see it!

I think that 'Anything is possible" is truly accurate as the rumors are, in my opinion, not coming from within Disney.

If you're so convinced these rumors aren't true (which it's increasingly looking like they are), leave the thread. What do you have to gain from trying to convince people they aren't real? Serious question.

PhotoDave219

If you're so convinced these rumors aren't true (which it's increasingly looking like they are), leave the thread. What do you have to gain from trying to convince people they aren't real? Serious question.

To clarify my thoughts, I'm interested in presenting the ideas and rumors in an accurate context.

I'm sure there's something to them - theyre just not worth scrutinizing to the Nth degree quite yet.

What we know? What Lee said: a proposal was leaked and TWDC is considering a SW/CL expansion at DHS.

What we don't know? Everything beyond that, including scope of projects, details, timelines or budgets.

Pentacat

Why, thank you. I do my best.:)

As always, I try to provide what information I have in a timely and accurate manner.
Things change, sometimes multiple times, but I never knowingly spread false info. Everything is accurate at the time it is posted.

As I said earlier, it's Disney. They could do a 360 and announce a giant UP! land for AK and Wal-E at MK.
But right now...the plan discussed here is "reasonably close" (a source's words) to what is moving forward at the moment.

Seems like there are lots of leaks with TDO based projects these days...

I think the whole argument that it's too soon following the LucasFilm acquisition for WDI to have developed any content based on the IP is crap. TWDC as been working closely with them for more than 20 years...there's got to be reams of Blue Sky materials from bored Imagineers. I just wish the LucasFilm deal had come before the arrangements with Lightship/Cameron....I seriously doubt they would have courted Avatar with Star Wars waiting in the wings.

michmousefan

True, and of course we have a lot of dark rides that use the same basic Omnimover system.

I still have difficultly fully believing however that they would clone it exactly and re-use such a troublesome ride system when it is notorious for going off-line in rainy weather.

For a flagship new attraction at the Ex-DHS, i have a hard time seeing how a exact clone would work with the Florida weather patterns.
I'm not sure they will clone the ride exactly -- the weather argument is a valid one -- but I still hope they put up the cool-looking rockwork of Radiator Springs... one of the real attractions of Cars Land is how freaking awesome it looks at night. I can imagine that many guests would feel the same way, and want to spend time (and money) strolling around the area at night -- precisely what they are NOT doing right now at DHS.

Yensid1974

If the plans are going to "evolve" between now and the greenlight, then I doubt that they'd be announced at D23. I don't think Burbank would cancel plans of this magnitude if somebody "leaked" them as part of a convoluted powerplay at Disney. It is very vague to say, "there are plans", these can change and it might not happen . . . I don't see any solid "facts" here.

Why are you in this thread if you choose not to believe any of the information any of our "insiders" bring to this forum?

sublimesting

With all this talk of half day parks and keeping guests in parks and on the rides it seems that one thing that is overlooked, if I am not mistaken is this. Disney doesn't want us in the parks all day and night sitting on rides. They want us in their hotels and eating 3 meals a day on property and buying souvenirs. It seems more logical from a business perspective to have people eat their dinner and get out because from that point on it is just an operating expense.

whylightbulb

I think a better comparison would be last summer's "Universal is tearing down Soundstage 44 for a year round haunted house."

Someone had the insiders snowed on that one. Something similar could be happening here, but it is apparent that DHS needs work. Like you said, we'll see.
Nobody had me snowed. If you check back you'll see that I wrote that Transformers was coming and that it wasn't a year-round haunt. Now I'm saying, as of now. these rumors are accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom