VIDEO - Take a look inside the stunning ballroom of the 'Be Our Guest Restaurant'

jt04

Umm, hey doomers, if I remember there is more than one dining room so you might want to hold your opinion until you see the final result or you might end up looking foolish...........again. :rolleyes:

And those chandaliers are stunning! :wave:

jmick71

picture.php

picture.php
fantasyland-rendering6.jpg

if you compare all three pictures you will see the concept art is no where near the scale of the ball room from the movie. but the restaurant's scale may be just a little smaller than that of the concept art. So, from looking at the concept art, you cant say you guys were promised a full scale replica of the ballroom.
I would assume they will paint the square looking things around the mural on the middle of the ceiling, paint the windows on the top level, finish the floor, along with some curtains around the balconies, like in the concept art. I hope they keep the same colors that they have in the concept art, because they are so rich and beautiful. I think we will all just have to wait and see, im sure it will look beautiful.

jwutony16

Since alot of people are saying this is not to scale, what are the exact measurements of the ballroom in the movie? i mean if we are going to be critical of a room the no one has been inside of in person we should have all the information

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I'm sorry but the room looks tacky and plain compared to the film and I was promised the ballroom in the film with the original concept art. They are doing a poor job with it and I'm going to keep that opinion. Test Track, Little Mermaid, and Snow White look like they are going to be great additions/refurbs but this just looks cheap to me.

Do you mind sharing a copy of the contract that you and the Disney Company entered into promising you an exact replica of the fictitious animated ballroom from the movie? I'm, as Im sure are others, interested in seeing it.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
But, Avatar has been getting beat up on around here since the second they announced it. People are already declaring it a failure without knowing anything about the project besides for the fact that it (may be) coming to AK.

And with the way people are starting to pick nits over concept art, we may not get any.

Captain Chaos

And with the way people are starting to pick nits over concept art, we may not get any.

Dude, Disney could build something that could blow Spiderman and Potter out of the water in Avatar, and the Avatar haters would STILL bash Avatar... Not that Disney will build an attraction in WDW that would top FJ or Spiderman mind you...

jmick71

Since alot of people are saying this is not to scale, what are the exact measurements of the ballroom in the movie? i mean if we are going to be critical of a room the no one has been inside of in person we should have all the information

the ball room in the movie is CRAZY big:
i saw someone said that they have seen the CGI layout for the ballroom in the movie and the dimensions are 72-foot ceilings, a length of 184 feet from door to door, and a width of 126 feet. There are 28 wall window sections around the room and a dome that is 86 feet by 61 feet.

RunnerEd

From the shot of the construction site, it looks like the 2nd floor balcony is much smaller in scale than the 1st floor. The ceiling (in the center) looks a lot like the movie. Why don't we let them finish up before we storm the castle with torches, axes, and pitchforks.

Enchantâmes

From the shot of the construction site, it looks like the 2nd floor balcony is much smaller in scale than the 1st floor. The ceiling (in the center) looks a lot like the movie. Why don't we let them finish up before we storm the castle with torches, axes, and pitchforks.

I'm about to get all like Gaston in here.

HMF

You are right... People have beaten up the Avatar announcement and their logic has honestly failed... They just hating on the project cause their precious Beastly Kingdom is dead... Or cause they didn't like the movie therefore Disney shouldn't build Avatar because THEY didn't like it, overlooking that the movie is only the highest grossing film ever...

How about the fact that Avatar has nothing to do with animals?

TestTrack Dummy

How about the fact that Avatar has nothing to do with animals?

I think you need to go back and watch that film again. It was oozing with different species of animals. James Cameron even said that we will be introduced to more in 2 & 3, like the sea life.

TestTrack Dummy

wow alot of your here sure like to whine constently. Its obviously not done yet and the original concept art never promised a full scale ball room. how about waiting till its open before throwing your temper tantrums:)

HMF

I think you need to go back and watch that film again. It was oozing with different species of animals. James Cameron even said that we will be introduced to more in 2 & 3, like the sea life.

Well, many other franchises have fictional animal species as well. Would say a Star Wars Land in Animal Kingdom work considering that there are fictional animal species in Star Wars?

Tom

Beta Return
Yet another thread that makes me question the sanity of many members here.

You are SERIOUSLY looking at the video and saying that it doesn't match the movie or concept art?

This is a WORK IN PROGRESS. It's blatantly obvious that this room has yet to be painted. The entire floor is covered in protective sheeting, meaning they're about to paint the living daylights out of the place.

The video is taken from the balcony where you lose ALL of the forced perspective.

There's even a Sonotube (cardboard tube) around one of the columns holding up the balcony - telling me they're likely going to be casting some faux marble columns in those areas, much like in the "real" ballroom.

Disney never promised ANYTHING, and to say that a piece of concept art was a promise is simply absurd, and beyond reason. Concept art is pure marketing - it's not a blueprint.

This place is going to look fantastic when it's done, just like the rest of Fantasyland will, and just like Storybook Circus does already. All you doom-and-gloomers need to get your heads on straight and look at the glass as being half full for a change. This addition to the MK is epic - and in a 100% positive way.

It makes me so sick to see some of you post such idiotic things. I expect this crap from some members, but there are a few of you in this thread who have literally gone off the deep end.

Steve said it best, and all I can do is reiterate that THEY'RE NOT FINISHED!!!! God forbid Disney toss out a little marketing hype to get people excited about this much-needed and long-time-coming project. 99% of the people who saw all this coverage probably had their jaws hit the floor when they saw how Disney is honoring two of their undeniably best animated classics. But the 1% who haunt these boards have nothing but rejection for something that isn't complete, only because they have no idea what they're looking at, nor have any concept of reality vs. fantasy.

Insert giant *sigh* here.

jmick71

Well, many other franchises have fictional animal species as well. Would say a Star Wars Land in Animal Kingdom work considering that there are fictional animal species in Star Wars?

no because starwars does not have a message that deals with preservation of nature and its beauty

JLW11Hi

Yet another thread that makes me question the sanity of many members here.

You are SERIOUSLY looking at the video and saying that it doesn't match the movie or concept art?

This is a WORK IN PROGRESS. It's blatantly obvious that this room has yet to be painted. The entire floor is covered in protective sheeting, meaning they're about to paint the living daylights out of the place.

The video is taken from the balcony where you lose ALL of the forced perspective.

There's even a Sonotube (cardboard tube) around one of the columns holding up the balcony - telling me they're likely going to be casting some faux marble columns in those areas, much like in the "real" ballroom.

Disney never promised ANYTHING, and to say that a piece of concept art was a promise is simply absurd, and beyond reason. Concept art is pure marketing - it's not a blueprint.

This place is going to look fantastic when it's done, just like the rest of Fantasyland will, and just like Storybook Circus does already. All you doom-and-gloomers need to get your heads on straight and look at the glass as being half full for a change. This addition to the MK is epic - and in a 100% positive way.

It makes me so sick to see some of you post such idiotic things. I expect this crap from some members, but there are a few of you in this thread who have literally gone off the deep end.

Steve said it best, and all I can do is reiterate that THEY'RE NOT FINISHED!!!! God forbid Disney toss out a little marketing hype to get people excited about this much-needed and long-time-coming project. 99% of the people who saw all this coverage probably had their jaws hit the floor when they saw how Disney is honoring two of their undeniably best animated classics. But the 1% who haunt these boards have nothing but rejection for something that isn't complete, only because they have no idea what they're looking at, nor have any concept of reality vs. fantasy.

Insert giant *sigh* here.

Hold on there mister dramatic sigh.

There are some reasonable concerns that are being flooded by hyperbole here. (On both sides) I agree we shouldn't pass final judgement until it is finished and we check it out in person, but when Disney releases a video and many of the immediate reactions are "that seems a lot smaller than in the movie", there is a discussion that can be had.

Disney can use this feedback for a useful purpose, too. It doesn't have to be taken so personal. "Hey, feedback from the video we posted is that there is a concern for the size of the ballroom. Let's make this alteration to the plans to address that issue."

My questions is, if they are attempting to use forced perspective to push the scale of the ballroom from your vantage point in the restaurant, why on earth are the very first images released to the public from angles that totally break the illusion? My guess is it is to show off the chandelier. Still, you'd think they'd be more careful about that.

I for one am excited to see the end result, and that's why I care about something like this. All the details, including the chandelier and the murals/paintings are all looking awesome. The scale seems to be the only thing of concern at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom