VIDEO - Take a look inside the stunning ballroom of the 'Be Our Guest Restaurant'

yensidtlaw1969

Interjection Time!

While I feel that it's wrong to suggest that the restaurant is 100% accurate to the movie based on what we see in the video, I do think that ultimately the finished product will be beautiful.

I took a still from the Youtube Video and played around with it in Photoshop, adding in and adjusting only the things I felt I could assume would be changed between now and Opening Day. I shut off the work lighting in the restaurant, continued the blue throughout all the windows, threw the tiles up on the outer-lying ceiling (look closely at the video, there are indications a similar pattern will exist) and threw in a busy dinner crowd just for kicks.

It's not perfect, but if what we end up with come the Winter was roughly like this, what would everyone think?

Original:

7005344362_1aebfcb217_c.jpg

'Shopped:

7151428399_c74a1d9bd1_c.jpg

Thoughts?

The Duck

Interjection Time!

While I feel that it's wrong to suggest that the restaurant is 100% accurate to the movie based on what we see in the video, I do think that ultimately the finished product will be beautiful.

I took a still from the Youtube Video and played around with it in Photoshop, adding in and adjusting only the things I felt I could assume would be changed between now and Opening Day. I shut off the work lighting in the restaurant, continued the blue throughout all the windows, threw the tiles up on the outer-lying ceiling (look closely at the video, there are indications a similar pattern will exist) and threw in a busy dinner crowd just for kicks.

It's not perfect, but if what we end up with come the Winter was roughly like this, what would everyone think?

Original:

'Shopped:

Thoughts?

Looks good to me. We need to remind ourselves (again) that this is a work in progress and concept art is just that. Concept art.

andre85

Thoughts?

I'm surprised you haven't gotten more comments. I think you did a fantastic job, and I think it shows the room has a strong chance of looking like such when finished. And I think it looks fantastic. I don't think anyone will have any trouble recognizing what the room is.

devoy1701

For those of us who have been to the real New Orleans, the food at the Blue Bayou is nasty. :hurl:

:lol:

Not going to argue with you there!

Interjection Time!

Original:

'Shopped:

Thoughts?

Great job on the photoshop!

It's still lacking those huge, commanding, attention drawing columns from the movie artwork. I really hope those make some sort of appearance in the ballroom they're building! It could be just because of the angle we've seen, as the large columns are at the front of the room. But their are still about 1/3 of the smaller columns as there are in the movie.

space42

Interjection Time!

Original:

'Shopped:

Thoughts?

Looks pretty good and probably fairly accurate. All it needs now is the Beauty and the Beast ride floating / gliding past those giant windows ala El Rio / Blue Bayou :sohappy:

Tom

Beta Return
Interjection Time!

Original:

'Shopped:

Thoughts?

excellent work!

HokieDevil

I understand the inspiration from the movie and yeah it is disappointing that it isn't as many, including myself, have envisioned it to be. Maybe in their next Magic Kingdom Park instead of a Cinderella Castle or Sleeping beauty's Castle Disney will create Beast's Castle and you can have your reproduction more to the scale you have envisioned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom