misterID

Where was the interview? Thanks

The only thing I could find was a quote by Staggs saying it would be similar to the 12 acre spread of Carsland.

This is from Cameron, "Cameron said the attractions based on the top-grossing film of all time would bring the lush, bioluminescent planet of Pandora to life and would include animatronics and 3-D and holographic technology.

Fans of the film have said they wanted to visit Pandora, he said.

"The scenes that people liked best were not the obvious things like the big battle scenes," Cameron said. "It was the creatures, it was learning to fly, it was being in the forest at night."

antem

Using the measuring tools in Google Earth that 12 acres would be pretty close to the size of the Camp Mini/Mikey plot, and much smaller then the Asia plot. Someone else should probably check my measurements and math to be sure.

Dan

By my calculations on Google SketchUp, taking in border errors, CMM and the surrounding area is 18 acres. The other plot is close to 40 acres and that is without taking Rafiki's and train line into the equation. So if all of this is true, we could see Pandora in CMM.

NoChesterHester

By my calculations on Google SketchUp, taking in border errors, CMM and the surrounding area is 18 acres. The other plot is close to 40 acres and that is without taking Rafiki's and train line into the equation. So if all of this is true, we could see Pandora in CMM.

We can't assume that either spot can be ruled out. Who says the 12way acre figure is even accurate (yes I watched the video)? We are a long way off from final decisions. I think Cameron was speaking in generalities about the scope, don't read too much into it. Besides, say it is 12the acres.... 12 acres fits in either expansion pad so neither is ruled out. Who says they have to use all available space?

NoChesterHester

Thank you and that is all i'm asking for is for everyone to wait for the concept art and announcements to show that the information i am giving is accurate.

From other "insider"and accounts this deal was announced as the ink was drying. I would be shocked if any of your claims have actually been decided on. There just hasn't been any time yet to design anything.

I'm not saying you might eventually be right, but if concept art existed they would have busted it out during the announcement.

Scuttle

From other "insider"and accounts this deal was announced as the ink was drying. I would be shocked if any of your claims have actually been decided on. There just hasn't been any time yet to design anything.

I'm not saying you might eventually be right, but if concept art existed they would have busted it out during the announcement.

I agree with you on that. One thing throwing me off is that Iger said our Imagineers are already dreaming up incredible ideas. So maybe the ink has been dried a bit longer than people think?

antem

We can't assume that either spot can be ruled out. Who says the 12way acre figure is even accurate (yes I watched the video)? We are a long way off from final decisions. I think Cameron was speaking in generalities about the scope, don't read too much into it. Besides, say it is 12the acres.... 12 acres fits in either expansion pad so neither is ruled out. Who says they have to use all available space?

I agree with you that we cannot rule out any of the plots. The CMM plot seems the most logical from his original acreage. Having 18 acres of space to fit in 12 acres of attraction wold be about right considering backstage and tree line borders. Even the other pad can work if Honor Hunter from blueskydisney is to be believed which mentioned that Beastly Kingdom may come back. In any case it's far too early to decide on anything from attractions, restaurants, plot size, location, etc.

jt04

I agree with you that we cannot rule out any of the plots. The CMM plot seems the most logical from his original acreage. Having 18 acres of space to fit in 12 acres of attraction wold be about right considering backstage and tree line borders. Even the other pad can work if Honor Hunter from blueskydisney is to be believed which mentioned that Beastly Kingdom may come back. In any case it's far too early to decide on anything from attractions, restaurants, plot size, location, etc.

Construction is said to be starting about 15 months from now (or sooner!) so I am pretty sure they would be making many of these decisions as we speak. Considering the scope of this project that is not much lead time.

NoChesterHester

Construction is said to be starting about 15 months from now (or sooner!) so I am pretty sure they would be making many of these decisions as we speak. Considering the scope of this project that is not much lead time.

15 months is plenty of time to design the landscape and infrastructure. Actually just about right. I'm sure the first of the ride designs need to be finished in about 24-30 months.

jt04

15 months is plenty of time to design the landscape and infrastructure. Actually just about right. I'm sure the first of the ride designs need to be finished in about 24-30 months.

That sounds about right especially if they are designing new technologies (which is all but certain). It will be interesting to see if Avatar or the second phase of HP breaks ground first.

Rob562

I agree with you on that. One thing throwing me off is that Iger said our Imagineers are already dreaming up incredible ideas. So maybe the ink has been dried a bit longer than people think?

I'm sure that negotiations have been going on for a bit, and as part of that WDI would have to show Cameron some artwork of their ideas as an "if you agree to work with us" kind of presentation, but I doubt any of them were far enough along to present as completed concept artwork at the announcement like they had with FLE.

I'm thinking that Disney learned something with the Fantasyland Expansion being leaked online, that if they sit on something and work on it too long without any announcement, the news *will* get out there. By announcing now, they trumped any "insider" news of an impending deal getting out.

And by announcing soon after the deal was signed, it allows Disney complete (well, better) control over what information goes out, without it messing things up.

-Rob

Jimmy Thick

I'm thinking that Disney learned something with the Fantasyland Expansion being leaked online, that if they sit on something and work on it too long without any announcement, the news *will* get out there. By announcing now, they trumped any "insider" news of an impending deal getting out.

Disney is a state of the art corporation who knows what they are doing, they don't have "insiders" leaking information. Disney lets news leak to gauge public interest, which most companies do. If people were actually leaking important information, Disney would have them in courts.

Jimmy Thick-Give the mouse its due!!!

NoChesterHester

Disney is a state of the art corporation who knows what they are doing, they don't have "insiders" leaking information. Disney lets news leak to gauge public interest, which most companies do. If people were actually leaking important information, Disney would have them in courts.

Jimmy Thick-Give the mouse its due!!!

Courts? Unless there is a non-disclosure agreement why would the be "in courts?"

People talk. Do you know how many people work on a single project? Not only Disney but outside companies too.

The company I used to work for did the construction documents for Princess Fairytale Hall. I heard all kinds of stuff about it from my friends that are still there.

It is impossible to plug all the potential leaks. Especially when the fan community wants to know.

Jimmy Thick

Courts? Unless there is a non-disclosure agreement why would the be "in courts?"

People talk. Do you know how many people work on a single project? Not only Disney but outside companies too.

The company I used to work for did the construction documents for Princess Fairytale Hall. I heard all kinds of stuff about it from my friends that are still there.

It is impossible to plug all the potential leaks. Especially when the fan community wants to know.

And no one one "leaked" Avatarland until Disney announced it because?

Now they already have a budget set in place, you have to figure many people have been working on this already, possibly months or years to come to a figure, and no one has leaked this, on this site or any other Disney site until Disney outed it because?

Jimmy Thick-It goes back to people talking about how they know its a fact this or fact that...

Cosmic Commando

Now they already have a budget set in place, you have to figure many people have been working on this already, possibly months or years to come to a figure, and no one has leaked this, on this site or any other Disney site until Disney outed it because?

Jimmy Thick-It goes back to people talking about how they know its a fact this or fact that...
You're forgetting that somebody did leak it to Lee, he just didn't believe them. I'm not sure I would have believed this if it didn't come straight from Disney. :lol:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

We know from this article that the idea of teaming up with Cameron only came up in the Spring of this year, so they have only been at work on this for at the most a few months.

Dan

TP2000

Your optimistic 15 month estimate is assuming construction starts right on January 1st, 2013, just after the Rose Bowl Game ends.

Disney clearly stated they plan for construction to start "in 2013", a rather vague timeframe. That could be April, 2013 or November, 2013 or any time in between.

The start of Avatar construction could still be a full two years away.

I think this Avatar announcement is the most interesting because Disney has never really announced something like this so far in advance. Generally the announcement would come three years before opening, just as the bulldozers have moved in for clearing and the attraction concepts and land layout has been locked in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom