Polynesian guest check at pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

splashtest

Original Poster
I stayed at the Polynesian well over 20 times, and today was the first time I saw someone walking around checking guests ids to make sure they were legitimate hotel guest. All guests were required to wears a blue bracelet. I've seen this done at the Beach and Yacht Club but never the Polynesian.

Tom

Beta Return
I stayed at the Polynesian well over 20 times, and today was the first time I saw someone walking around checking guests ids to make sure they were legitimate hotel guest. All guests were required to wears a blue bracelet. I've seen this done at the Beach and Yacht Club but never the Polynesian.

Pool hopping is becoming a major problem. Poly has very nice pools. People like to use them. I predict we see more of the ID checking.

Fractal514

Agreed. I think that the pool should be used only by guests staying at THAT hotel. It keeps them from getting overcrowded. In theory anyway.

StageFrenzy

In theory is a great idea at all times! In practice tends to be a bit of a Debbie Downer. I would think that they would only check during the summer.

rcapolete

I have never had an urge to pool hop. I barely use the pool at the resort i am staying at cause i rather be in the park. But i do have a question about this. This august me and my family (13 of us) are going to Disney for my parents 40th anniversary. 75% of my family is staying at the yacht club but my brother and his wife and daughter are staying at the Boardwalk. IF they were to come to the Yacht club to hang out with us is it an issue if they were to use the Yacht club pool?

lilclerk

I have never had an urge to pool hop. I barely use the pool at the resort i am staying at cause i rather be in the park. But i do have a question about this. This august me and my family (13 of us) are going to Disney for my parents 40th anniversary. 75% of my family is staying at the yacht club but my brother and his wife and daughter are staying at the Boardwalk. IF they were to come to the Yacht club to hang out with us is it an issue if they were to use the Yacht club pool?

Yacht and Beach club has CMs at the entrances to the pool checking IDs before you can enter the area.

AEfx

Don't Yacht and Beach have privileges at each others pools anyway, though?

In any case, if they enter with a guest of the resort I don't think it's a problem, especially if they show their ID from the other resort. You are allowed to bring guests to a pool, you just can't show up and use it unless you are with someone who does.

Neverland

I know why they check IDs at Stormalong Bay; because it's practically a mini waterpark. But the Poly pool... I mean, the waterfall and waterslide are nice, but nowhere near as awesome as Stormalong. I didn't know poolhopping was particularly a problem at the Poly. (I didn't mean for that to be an alliteration, I swear! :ROFLOL:)

UrbanDonovan

In any case, if they enter with a guest of the resort I don't think it's a problem, especially if they show their ID from the other resort. You are allowed to bring guests to a pool, you just can't show up and use it unless you are with someone who does.

They share the same awesome pool area, Stormalong Bay.

amzgirl

I have been there multiple times, and my understanding is that only YC/BC guests are allowed to use the pool and bringing guests from other resorts is not allowed. I have to show KTTW cards for every person in my party.

geubux

Pool hopping was one of the key features that convinced me to buy DVC. My wife and I were swimmers and always loved different pools. Glad they check ID's though. Too many cheap people trying to upgrade their vacation at my expense.:eek:

Minnie1976

Just a question? Years ago wasn't it one of the benefits of staying on Disney to use the pools at the other hotels? Just curious.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm not surprised to see this. With the relative small size of the pool, and its proximity to MK, it's getting overloaded. I think it's a good move - those guests who are paying $450+ per night deserve to be able to use the pool.

darthokeefe

i am DVC and they let us pool hop to Poly.......BTW just give your brother a Yacht club Key and they will get in Stormalong bay

Samoht

Just a question? Years ago wasn't it one of the benefits of staying on Disney to use the pools at the other hotels? Just curious.

I seem to remember that too. I think it's ok to not let people pool hop tho. The pool at the polynesian is not really big enough for all the guests at the hotel, especially since the quiet pool is being referbished right now isn't it? Maybe thats the reason they are enforcing that rule right now.

Minnie1976

I seem to remember that too. I think it's ok to not let people pool hop tho. The pool at the polynesian is not really big enough for all the guests at the hotel, especially since the quiet pool is being referbished right now isn't it? Maybe thats the reason they are enforcing that rule right now.
We don't go to swim. Just a thought I seem to remember.

CDavid

Yes, years ago pool hopping was freely permitted. Part of the problem with that now would be that there are many more WDW hotel guests than there were back then, but a potentially bigger issue is that not all WDW Resort pools are created equal. Many value resort guests might like to experience the Polynesian pool, for instance, but the value resort pools do not hold the same appeal (or location) among other deluxe resort guests to help balance things out.

I wonder if people would be willing to pay for 'pool hopping privileges' (in very limited numbers so as not to overwhelm things)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom