Harry Potter....and it looks amazing

BrerFrog

I don't think they should be compared either. They should compare new things this summer, Harry Potter vs, Summer Nightastic.

I actually think that is an even harder comparison to make. One is a massive land, the other basically consists of a Fireworks show and a returning parade. :shrug:

lena

I'm not quite sure I understand what the part I bolded has to do with the topic at hand.:shrug:
Maybe I'm the first to wander off topic. I was just merely stating that no one is perfect 100% of the time, whether it is Disney or Universal. :wave:

MAF

Confirmed by who? People involved in the project who actually know what is going on, or people posting on the Internet? Disney will put the money in to get it done right, and it's going to be a lot more money than Universal put into Potter.

I'm sorry but are you actually claiming that Disney is putting more money into TLM attraction than Universal put into Forbidden Journey?

I just can't comprehend people who are so pro-Disney that they need to bash everything from the competitors. The fact that people are stating that the mermaid D-ticket is even comparable to Forbidden Journey is laughable at best. :brick:

Lee

Adventurer
I'm just curious, how can the TLM and the Harry Potter ride be compared to each other? :shrug:
Can't really. Apples and oranges.

Under the Sea, Ursula and Kiss the Girl will be big scenes. The others are transitionals only because the big scenes have their own songs and will need a buffer range.
Not really.
Under the Sea is big, and takes up the bulk of the show space. The others are quite small. Disappointingly so.

Disney will put the money in to get it done right, and it's going to be a lot more money than Universal put into Potter.
Yes. Disney will spend a lot (meaning too much) to make it the best D ticket it can be. That makes it.....an expensive D.

It will be an E-ticket for kids. That's all that matters really.
No. That isn't all that matters. MK deserves an major E after 18 years. A cute little D for the kids doesn't fit the bill.

I'm sorry but are you actually claiming that Disney is putting more money into TLM attraction than Universal put into Forbidden Journey?
If that were true, lots of folks involved would need to be handed their walking papers. Mermaid is small and features no new tech. No reason it should cost but a fraction of HPatFJ.
It's fine for what it is.....but that's all.

MAF

Sorry, I was out of line w/ this comment, but my opinion that FJ is amazing still stands. I apologize to this site's owners.

So pretty much if you own this message board you can get away with spreading false information. Duly noted...:rolleyes:
No one knows exactly what goes on behind closed doors. It could be an E ticket it could not . Like I said information you get on these boards is 50/50.

darthspielberg

So pretty much if you own this message board you can get away with spreading false information. Duly noted...:rolleyes:

He was refering to the Fantasyland Forest expansion on the whole, not just TLM. If you are gonna compare Potter and Fantasyland, you have to compare the lands, not the rides, because they will be nothing alike.

Harry Potter took the cheap way out when it comes to the land aspect, because it built one new attraction, some shops, and two dining areas, and then rethemed two of it's older rides to fit the new theme. Yes, it cost them a lot of money, but with the exception of the Barnstormer, everything in FLF is going to be built from scratch (even the new Dumbo) meaning a far more expensive ordeal.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

I just can't comprehend people who are so pro-Disney that they need to bash everything from the competitors. The fact that people are stating that the mermaid D-ticket is even comparable to Forbidden Journey is laughable at best. :brick:

No, I am saying that the new Fantasyland is costing around twice the money that Universal spent on the potter area.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Errr, no. Read what was said. I have been doing this for 13 years, and throughout that time I have always done my absolute best to be as accurate as possible.

basas

He was refering to the Fantasyland Forest expansion on the whole, not just TLM. If you are gonna compare Potter and Fantasyland, you have to compare the lands, not the rides, because they will be nothing alike.

Harry Potter took the cheap way out when it comes to the land aspect, because it built one new attraction, some shops, and two dining areas, and then rethemed two of it's older rides to fit the new theme. Yes, it cost them a lot of money, but with the exception of the Barnstormer, everything in FLF is going to be built from scratch (even the new Dumbo) meaning a far more expensive ordeal.

And this is very different from FLE...how?

raven

Any info on the Clown Alley retheming of the Barnstormer.

No. But only because I'm not interested in that part of the redo. Actually the whole FLE doesn't spark a lot of interest in me. It's the other stuff that isn't known by anyone yet that gets my attention.

darthspielberg

And this is very different from FLE...how?

Despite what the whiners on this forum say, the Meet and Greets are going to be innovative interactive shows that count as an attraction. It's not just "Oh, look, there's Cinderella, let's get in line to get her autograph"

So, that being said, FLE has at least FIVE brand new attractions that guests can visit, as well as the re-themed Barnstormer and Double-Dumbo with the new interactive queue.

The thing this has most in common with Harry Potter is the two new dining areas, one sitdown (although Beast's Castle is going to be a far more immersive dining experience than The Three Broomsticks at HP) and one counterservice...but that's really the main comparison that can be made.

wdwmagic is 100% right when he says this will cost twice as much as Potter. Universal may have created the greatest new attraction out there, but in terms of building a new land, they cheap-ed out like crazy. Disney isn't.

I know it's hip and in vouge to hate on TDO here on wdwmagic.com, but this is getting out of hand.

Lee

Adventurer
Despite what the whiners on this forum say, the Meet and Greets are going to be innovative interactive shows that count as an attraction.
:rolleyes:
No matter how you want to spin it....a Meet and Greet is not an "attraction" in anything but the most basic sense. Any money spent to elevate them to what an average guest would consider an "attraction" would be better spent on an innovative new E-ticket. A real attraction, that would have much more broad appeal to the average guests of all ages.

Computer Magic

I was mainly talking about the rides and 2 of the 3 are repackaged. Lets be fair, they did a great job with the theme but they are opening with only 1 new ride.

I agree, I have nothing against Universal. I prefer Disney, and I do hope that Disney sees Harry Potter as a threat and they come up with something better than the fantasy land expansion. Competition is always good, especially for us, the fans.
It is only "1 new ride" it you went there before. This will be my first time, so its all new to me. I wonder how many others will be going for the first time or before those other rides existed.

I hope UNI takes a bite out of Disney. Disney has been sitting on its success far too long. Probably since Uni opened.

kingdaniel97

WOW! That queue looks amazing!

The only problems I see are the length of it and the chance of jams happening. If they've got staff working to ensure a steady flow then I see no problems but I'd hate to hit it on a busy day and end up watching Harry Ron and Hermione coming to visit me 4 or 5 times saying that Binns will be there "soon". I see they're preping for verrry long lines, there were about 6-7 hundred feet of walkways still chained off. Looks like they're expecting between 2-3 hour waits at least. Not lowballing it exactly but I feel it's a little excessive.

All in all seems to be shaping up very well, hope there's a Fastpass-esque system in Universal(haven't gone since I was like 4, when Disney still didn't have it) because otherwise I'll have to run in front of the crowd like a maniac. God, I wish I could go on my trip this summer but an 80$ one day ticket plus the fare of getting a Taxi/Bus would be too much for me. I'll just wait till I go for my career start... in two years :'(

basas

Despite what the whiners on this forum say, the Meet and Greets are going to be innovative interactive shows that count as an attraction. It's not just "Oh, look, there's Cinderella, let's get in line to get her autograph"

So, that being said, FLE has at least FIVE brand new attractions that guests can visit, as well as the re-themed Barnstormer and Double-Dumbo with the new interactive queue.

The thing this has most in common with Harry Potter is the two new dining areas, one sitdown (although Beast's Castle is going to be a far more immersive dining experience than The Three Broomsticks at HP) and one counterservice...but that's really the main comparison that can be made.

wdwmagic is 100% right when he says this will cost twice as much as Potter. Universal may have created the greatest new attraction out there, but in terms of building a new land, they cheap-ed out like crazy. Disney isn't.

I know it's hip and in vouge to hate on TDO here on wdwmagic.com, but this is getting out of hand.

That is really stretching it. Is Ollivander's an attraction too? FLE will have one new attraction...and it's really a replacement of a closed attraction at that.

I see they're preping for verrry long lines, there were about 6-7 hundred feet of walkways still chained off. Looks like they're expecting between 2-3 hour waits at least. Not lowballing it exactly but I feel it's a little excessive.

Universal seems to like making very, very long queues. Many of the queues at IOA (Popeye, Spiderman, the original Dueling Dragons, Jurassic Park, Dudley) have enormous queues. I've never seen most of them fully used, but at least they are prepared for the worst and it's far better then the lines spilling out onto the walkways.

darthspielberg

Considering that each of these "Meet and Greet" areas is going to be at least a twenty min. "show" pertaining to the story of each (Celebrating Aurora's Birthday, Enacting Beauty and the Beast for Belle, Princess/Knight training with Cinderella) as opposed to walking up and just having a few choice words with the character and getting a picture/autograph then leaving, I am willing to "stretch" it and call those attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom