Harry Potter is arriving sooner than expected. What does this mean for WDW?

SirGoofy

Oh, I see, name calling instead of dialog. How interesting. :snore:

I already disproved your idea of a "prefurb" as it pertained to Jungle Cruise yesterday.

And the closing of a huge E-ticket for 6 months is not a prefurb. This is Space's refurb. That's all tehre is to it, jt. Face it, they did this one on the cheap, theres no if's and's or but's about it.

I just pray they don't do the same thing to the Jungle plans, because it could be the best yet.

jt04

I already disproved your idea of a "prefurb" as it pertained to Jungle Cruise yesterday.

And the closing of a huge E-ticket for 6 months is not a prefurb. This is Space's refurb. That's all tehre is to it, jt. Face it, they did this one on the cheap, theres no if's and's or but's about it.

I just pray they don't do the same thing to the Jungle plans, because it could be the best yet.

I remember Martin saying it was likely more elements will be added to SM later. Including making the track able to handle rv's with on board audio at some point. Also, I'm pretty confident TTA will be plussed sooner rather than later.

I missed your Jungle Cruise blurb that reproves it is being fixed in two stages. Link? :shrug:

_Scar

Jungle Cruise massive refurb? I always thought the ride just relied on mostly jokes.... you mean after this wonderful JC refurb the ride would have great effects and great cheesy jokes? :lol:

I hope that Jungle Cruise gets the full refurb but in this economy its not easy to refurb any attraction all the way through. Thats probably why they decided to close SM for 6 months and give it a half way refurb instead of a full one. Who knows, when the economy gets back up to speed they might return to it and give it the other half.

SirGoofy

I remember Martin saying it was likely more elements will be added to SM later. Including making the track able to handle rv's with on board audio at some point. Also, I'm pretty confident TTA will be plussed sooner rather than later.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I missed your Jungle Cruise blurb that reproves it is being fixed in two stages. Link? :shrug:

You mentioned that preliminary stuff for the big refurb was done last time, which wasn't true. Last time was basically an emergency shutdown, due to the fact that the dock was literally rotting away at some points. Some of the figures were cleaned up as well, and the natives got a new hut, but no ground work was laid down for the big one, due to the fact that at that time the big one was frozen solid, almost to the point of cancellation.

Now, in the past few months, they've been switching the animated figures' controls over to fiber optics, possibly preparing for the shut down, but nothing was done during last years refurb.

jt04

I'll believe it when I see it.

You mentioned that preliminary stuff for the big refurb was done last time, which wasn't true. Last time was basically an emergency shutdown, due to the fact that the dock was literally rotting away at some points. Some of the figures were cleaned up as well, and the natives got a new hut, but no ground work was laid down for the big one, due to the fact that at that time the big one was frozen solid, almost to the point of cancellation.

Now, in the past few months, they've been switching the animated figures' controls over to fiber optics, possibly preparing for the shut down, but nothing was done during last years refurb.

Well there was someone who said there was stuff done. It was an employee who posts here sometimes. But I never said it wasn't mostly emergency work, there were projects done that are now off the "to do" list for the more comprehensive work. Therefore it still appears to me to be happening in two stages.

What is obvious to me is that there is a master plan for the MK but stuff had really gotten run down. So, while more comprehensive stuff is planned, some infrastructure problems could not wait. Hence, that has been the priority while the more visible stuff is accomplished in a delayed timeframe. There have been several examples of this and will continue to be between now and the 40th anniversary. That is what I meant and I think you realize that.

SirGoofy

Well there was someone who said there was stuff done. It was an employee who posts here sometimes. But I never said it wasn't mostly emergency work, there were projects done that are now off the "to do" list for the more comprehensive work. Therefore it still appears to me to be happening in two stages.

I mean, I hang out with all the engineers that worked on the project. I was told nothing was done other than simple cleaning and building of the dock.

I get what you're trying to say about your prefurb idea. But I don't agree. I think everything they're doing, they're mostly doing because they have to. Phil isn't into doling out money left and right.

SirGoofy

LIKEEEE???

You can't just say that and expect me not to be curious...

The sound system was to be replaced, and wasn't. You're still hearing speakers from the 70s. Many, many mechanical issues were ignored, and the original plans called for an added, outdoor scene, that was cut because, "Guests will like it no matter what.":brick:

Lee

Adventurer
It makes me wonder because they weren't cheap with the HM refurb or Potc so why did they have to stall out on SM and makes its refurb half done.

Slight correction...
They were cheap on the PotC refurb. Much was cut from the proposals, ranging from new show scenes to upgrades to the audio and lighting systems.

EDIT: Sir Goofy beat me to it. Take my post as a bit of confirmation.

_Scar

The sound system was to be replaced, and wasn't. You're still hearing speakers from the 70s. Many, many mechanical issues were ignored, and the original plans called for an added, outdoor scene, that was cut because, "Guests will like it no matter what.":brick:

:cry: Well, that sucks. :/ Now I feel like PotC can be so much more... any more details on where that outdoor scene would be?

jt04

I mean, I hang out with all the engineers that worked on the project. I was told nothing was done other than simple cleaning and building of the dock.

I get what you're trying to say about your prefurb idea. But I don't agree. I think everything they're doing, they're mostly doing because they have to. Phil isn't into doling out money left and right.

As I've said, I really don't think Phil or any other TDO employee has the say they once did. I think the picture will be much clearer in a month.

Is it possible the folks in California (Iger, Lasseter, Glendale) were appalled at the condition of the MK's infrastructure?

My guess is they probably were. And in a big way. I'm not blaming TDO, rather Eisner's priorities. It's all getting turned around now but will take years.

That is how I see it anyway.

SirGoofy

Is it possible the folks in California (Iger, Lasseter, Glendale) were appalled at the condition of the MK's infrastructure?

They were. I know they were. I just don't know how much they've done about it. I hope it's what you think it is, but if they were that appalled, I don't know why half of TDO, not to mention Mr. Jay, still gets a Disney paycheck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom