~Kingdom and Kungaloosh: An End-Of-Summer Hoopla for WDWMagic Friends!~

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
I sent Monty a text... I hope he told everyone I said hi. I was thinkin about you guys. :)

I was sitting with him at the time and he showed it to me :) Thanks for thinking of us, I wish you could have come, but I know it's much more important for you to be where you are right now. Thanks Rain :kiss:

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Here's some of my photos.

2816119746_ec70e00c2f_b.jpg

2816123048_7b444c711a_b.jpg

2816128576_2aaaea998c_b.jpg

Then the heavens opened....
2815285529_e21220fc99_b.jpg

2815286723_5be6c3a4ca_b.jpg

All the rest can be seen here. Well, the ones I felt like posting.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jvrabel/sets/72157607048068887/

Overall a great weekend besides the rain. Got upgraded to concierge at the Poly. Great view of the castle. Watched Wishes from our balcony. Got an extended checkout till 1 PM today. Hung around the pool and then went back to MK (which was insanely packed). We definately picked the better of the two days to go, even with the rain. Shannon, I txted you to see if you kept your ADR at Ohana for breakfast but I don't know if you got it. :wave:

Got back home around 6. Dead tired. Glad I have another day to rest.

Thanks again to Katie and Shannon for all their work on these things. Susan and I are truly impressed and thankful to you both. Great trivia contest even if we suck at it. :p I'm playing with my army men now. That one's still flipping me off.

EPCOT.nut

Then the heavens opened...

Overall a great weekend besides the rain. Got upgraded to concierge at the Poly. Great view of the castle. Watched Wishes from our balcony. Got an extended checkout till 1 PM today. Hung around the pool and then went back to MK (which was insanely packed). We definately picked the better of the two days to go, even with the rain. Shannon, I txted you to see if you kept your ADR at Ohana for breakfast but I don't know if you got it. :wave:

Thanks again to Katie and Shannon for all their work on these things. Susan and I are truly impressed and thankful to you both. Great trivia contest even if we suck at it. :p I'm playing with my army men now. That one's still flipping me off.

HEY! I don't know how to text - never done it before - so I didn't get your text! :( BUMMER! I've got to get with the 21st Century (according to Katie!) :lol:

Man, so glad you had a good time and that you enjoyed the contest. It was definately a different animal this time. :ROFLOL:That Army man should be ashamed at himself! :eek: And great pics, BTW.

WOW about the Poly upgrade. We did eat at Kona and it was fabulous. I plan to stay at the Poly at some point - just walking through there was a step into another world.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
Love the photos Jim, thanks! You have really nice fireworks pics on flickr too, I love the one with the purple fireworks and purple glow on the water :sohappy:

EPCOT Explorer

2816119746_ec70e00c2f_b.jpg

2816123048_7b444c711a_b.jpg

2816128576_2aaaea998c_b.jpg

Then the heavens opened....
2815285529_e21220fc99_b.jpg

2815286723_5be6c3a4ca_b.jpg

Great pics!:D

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member

Great photos man. :sohappy:

Ooooh! This means Adam FINALLY :)rolleyes:) saw country bear jamboree!
Oh yeah, he mentioned it was his first time. :ROFLOL: And apparently he wasn't too impressed like myself. :lookaroun

EPCOT.nut

Here are some of my photos!

Trivia contest winners:
Travis and his mom Lisa, Robert and Adam. Richard and Adam tied for third and we had to do a tie-breaker for that.
2815444459_fdee8bab49.jpg

Trivia contest:
2815432523_6265e49695.jpg

More trivia contest:
2815440395_77741724df.jpg

Fastpass Brothas Jim and Adam:
2815420635_b0060abcae.jpg

After the rain - look at the sky! :lol:
2816342922_8150d60657.jpg

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
After the rain - look at the sky! :lol:
2816342922_8150d60657.jpg
Is that after we left TL and before I was on board a tram to Pluto when it started pouring again and then I was at the front of the lot and the tram stopped near the end so I had to walk all the way to the front to get to my car and then I couldn't find it so I spent nearly 10 min. walking around getting soaked looking for it :dazzle: :lookaroun :lol:

Great pics. :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Still can't believe that. :eek: I got up a lil less than 4 hours later and barely made it through the day! :lol:
The purple kool-aid I take twice a day makes it possible!

Had a simply great time as always! Getting up that early was no trouble at all. When you have such a great place to visit and such good company to visit it with it is easy to forego sleep.

The highlights of the day.....

One off the greatest JC skippers ever...."Tigers are afraid of submarines....BOOP! Snakes are afraid of submarines....BOOP!" (those that were there will get it:lol:)
Trivia contest....Great format. Could not imagine anyone coming up with a more fun and fair way to do it. The pictures were great and I would like to thank you guy one more time for giving my 7 year old a harmonica. Was a kazoo or a drum set not available? :rolleyes::lol:
The trip on the TTA...How do you know you are traveling with WDWMagic members? When you go through space mountain and it is 101 with the lights are on and you hear thunderous applause.

Some personal thanks....

Katie and Shannon....Great job as always. The trivia contest was top notch and extremely fun. Quite honestly I think you guy have set the bar quite high bar for all future trivia contests. You two are the queens of WDWMagic meets.

Adam...If you don't stop bringing biblical flood style rain with you to WDWMagic meets you might not get invited back. Fot those attending future meets where Adam is in attendance I recommend bringing dive gear.:lol:

Monty...It was great to finally meet you in person. People rarely exceed my expectations and you definitely did. You are one of the most positive thinking people I have ever met. I am humbled to be able to call you a friend.

I left the AC a little early (around 10:30 ish) as that place was an absolute zoo. I have never seen that place that crowded before in my life. According to Rob, fellow forum member and AC vetteran, it has been getting progressively more crowded as the closing date looms closer. Got up a litter after 6:00 AM the next morning so we could make it to DHS before opening. We did the big three (TSM, ToT, RnRC) and headed to Epcot. We left a little before 7, much to my chagrin, and made it back to Jacksonville around 10.

Thanks again to everyone that was in attendance. It seem like all of my best trips to WDW involve you guys.

Figment1986

wait a min....

I got upgraded to concerage with a 7 seas view the night before the meet... wonder did we pass each other in the hallway oh wait, you were on the 3rd floor.. i was on the 2nd (door, but no balcony). Loved the wings in the lounge though :slurp:

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I missed everyone. You were there and Shannon was there for breakfast the next day. Bunch of high falutin' people hanging around on these boards. Everyone rolls at the Poly.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I missed everyone. You were there and Shannon was there for breakfast the next day. Bunch of high falutin' people hanging around on these boards. Everyone rolls at the Poly.
My family was slumming it at CBR. I think this was the first trip in quite some time that I did not set foot in the Poly.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
The purple kool-aid I take twice a day makes it possible!

Had a simply great time as always! Getting up that early was no trouble at all. When you have such a great place to visit and such good company to visit it with it is easy to forego sleep.

The highlights of the day.....

One off the greatest JC skippers ever...."Tigers are afraid of submarines....BOOP! Snakes are afraid of submarines....BOOP!" (those that were there will get it:lol:)
Trivia contest....Great format. Could not imagine anyone coming up with a more fun and fair way to do it. The pictures were great and I would like to thank you guy one more time for giving my 7 year old a harmonica. Was a kazoo or a drum set not available? :rolleyes::lol:
The trip on the TTA...How do you know you are traveling with WDWMagic members? When you go through space mountain and it is 101 with the lights are on and you hear thunderous applause.

Some personal thanks....

Katie and Shannon....Great job as always. The trivia contest was top notch and extremely fun. Quite honestly I think you guy have set the bar quite high bar for all future trivia contests. You two are the queens of WDWMagic meets.

Adam...If you don't stop bringing biblical flood style rain with you to WDWMagic meets you might not get invited back. Fot those attending future meets where Adam is in attendance I recommend bringing dive gear.:lol:

Monty...It was great to finally meet you in person. People rarely exceed my expectations and you definitely did. You are one of the most positive thinking people I have ever met. I am humbled to be able to call you a friend.

I left the AC a little early (around 10:30 ish) as that place was an absolute zoo. I have never seen that place that crowded before in my life. According to Rob, fellow forum member and AC vetteran, it has been getting progressively more crowded as the closing date looms closer. Got up a litter after 6:00 AM the next morning so we could make it to DHS before opening. We did the big three (TSM, ToT, RnRC) and headed to Epcot. We left a little before 7, much to my chagrin, and made it back to Jacksonville around 10.

Thanks again to everyone that was in attendance. It seem like all of my best trips to WDW involve you guys.

:eek:

Thanks Richard, so much :eek: It is always a pleasure to have you, and this time your family, come down and be part of our Disney Day. You will be sorely missed when your AP's expire :(

Shannon and I are "planners", we can't help it :lol: so putting this kind of day together is both easy and fun for us, as we are in hog heaven while we're planning! It wouldn't even be worth the effort though, without the great friends that we have been blessed to meet through this site. You guys are the best!

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
My family was slumming it at CBR. I think this was the first trip in quite some time that I did not set foot in the Poly.

I was at the Regal Sun :cry:

No Disney resort for me this time... it was nice though, and directly across from DTD which came in handy :)

I did make an appearance at the Poly for breakfast though, finally tried the Tonga Toast and pressed pot coffee :slurp:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was at the Regal Sun :cry:

No Disney resort for me this time... it was nice though, and directly across from DTD which came in handy :)

I did make an appearance at the Poly for breakfast though, finally tried the Tonga Toast and pressed pot coffee :slurp:
What did you think of the Kona press pot?

jedimaster1227

Makin' Memories... Thats why I bring the rain... "Have you ever seen the rain? I wanna know..."

Again, it was a pleasure joining you all again for another fantastic meet. Know that you have my support in all future endeavors, and unless I am stuck doing some busy task (or at school), I will be at whatever future events you throw our way... :wave:

To Katie and Shannon, I thank you once more for a memorable day and look forward to seeing you both later this month! :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom