~Kingdom and Kungaloosh: An End-Of-Summer Hoopla for WDWMagic Friends!~

EPCOT.nut

Did you ride PoTC and JC with us?

That skipper from the JC was the best I have had in years.

They're talking about the day they took the trivia photos, not the meet day... :lookaroun

See what happens when you don't pay attention kids! :hammer:

HAHAHA!

Richard! Even though you were off on this one, you are RIGHT and you reminded me! Katie and I rode POTC on the day we came to work on the meet! :lol: I remember because we had just started a conversation when we got on the ride and then we couldn't talk the whole ride and I was making all these mental notes about what we were saying.

Sooooo funny at the actual meet, we had just gotten on POTC and Katie was sitting on one side of Tom and I was on the other side, and as a joke, Katie said something like, "Is this a roller coaster because I don't do roller coasters!" and Tom took her so seriously and was trying to describe POTC to her. :lol::lol: I teased him about it later and we were laughing because he was so amazed that she had never been on it before. :lookaroun:lookaroun

I have a lot of funny stories like that from Saturday. We have a lot of silly folks as friends (thankfully) and the jokes were going left and right.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
Awwww... :D

The day you and Shannon spent in MK just walking around sounds like so much fun too. Even though I wasn't lucky enough to get down there, I want you and Shannon to know that your hard work and dedication surely paid off and was greatly appreciated.

:eek:

That's really nice of you to say. Thanks :)

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
That was truly a fantastic day - I did have the best time. I found while at the meet, we kept passing the stuff we photographed and I wanted to point them out. :lol: I also thought it was neat that so many of the things we photographed no one had ever noticed. Like the candlesticks in the POTC gift shop or the display at the top of the HM gift cart. You would think after years of going we would have seen that stuff, but there is so much to see at WDW.

And no, I don't remember riding anything....did we not ride the TTA at least....? I'm kind of shocked! :eek::lol:

I think maybe we did ride TTA :shrug: It would make sense wouldn't it :lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Who did you guys have as your skipper?
I never got his name. He was a white guy, fairly fair skin, around 5'-7" +/- and a little on the heavy side. One of his best jokes was while going into the temple. "Tigers are afraid of submarines----boop!-----boop!"" He also did piece of the TTA spiel.

HMfreak

Jim that's exactly what I tell myself almost every time I go. I'm so thankful that there is no stress over what I get done, or where I eat, or what time I get there or go home... because I'm lucky enough to be able to just try again another day. One of the best days I've had recently was the one where Shannon and I walked through MK and did nothing but look for those pictures that were used in the trivia contest. We saw so many cool things that I had never noticed before, and I don't think we rode anything, did we Shannon? It was a really nice day :)

Susan! :sohappy: You're welcome, and thanks so much for coming again! You guys are so sweet and we're thrilled that you like to come and join us when we do these things!

I'm like you with the pins... MINE, MINE, MINE :lol: I only buy the ones I want for myself :eek:

Thanks! I feel better about the pins now that you are the same way. I asked the cashier when I was buying my pins if it was bad ettiquette not to trade. They assured me it was not. LOL!

Figment1986

Who did you guys have as your skipper?

I dont remember his name, on top of that the photos of him, his name tag is blurry. I did hear the Exact spiel once before by a College program student on his last week, this he had a few extra things as well like an arm falling off of a native ;)

Disneyson 1

So happy the meet went well!

Did you ever get to see ROE sans globe?:wave:

Oh, oh, I did! It was great, but I have a few questions:

1. Do the CMs around the perimeter usually clap in time with the drums at the start? That was a nice touch!

2. The first firework went straight up instead of across, and exploded perfectly. Is that a wind thing?

3. There were a lot of fountains and lasers. Is that normal?

4. There was this cool effect at the end of the show when each of the countries lit up individually and a spotlight from the country was cast into the center of the lagoon. Then, their flame went on.

That's about it.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
My fave moments:

1. The puff french toast at breakfast.
2. JC cruise.
2. Getting the non-believers into CBJ and CoP (you know who you are).
3. Knocking on the Doom Buggie in HM and scaring Yoda's daughter.

But hands down my fave comment was in CBJ. When Big Al came out I heard a little girl next to me whisper to her mom, "I don't like him". Hahahhahahahhahaha!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My fave moments:

1. The puff french toast at breakfast.
2. JC cruise.
2. Getting the non-believers into CBJ and CoP (you know who you are).
3. Knocking on the Doom Buggie in HM and scaring Yoda's daughter.

But hands down my fave comment was in CBJ. When Big Al came out I heard a little girl next to me whisper to her mom, "I don't like him". Hahahhahahahhahaha!!
Did you get the patented high pitch Zoie scream?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
For me it's the fact that these imaginary friends turn into real friends :)
Indeed. :sohappy:

I also thought it was neat that so many of the things we photographed no one had ever noticed. Like the candlesticks in the POTC gift shop or the display at the top of the HM gift cart. You would think after years of going we would have seen that stuff, but there is so much to see at WDW.
That was crazy! I couldn't believe half of that stuff existed. :ROFLOL: The next time I'm in the park I'll be on the lookout for a lot of it.

That skipper from the JC was the best I have had in years.
No doubt. The last few times I've taken a ride it seemed like they were going straight through the script and not doing anything else.

Sooooo funny at the actual meet, we had just gotten on POTC and Katie was sitting on one side of Tom and I was on the other side, and as a joke, Katie said something like, "Is this a roller coaster because I don't do roller coasters!" and Tom took her so seriously and was trying to describe POTC to her. :lol::lol: I teased him about it later and we were laughing because he was so amazed that she had never been on it before. :lookaroun:lookaroun
I heard her say that - thought she was actually serious at first. :lookaroun :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Oh, oh, I did! It was great, but I have a few questions:

1. Do the CMs around the perimeter usually clap in time with the drums at the start? That was a nice touch!NEVER HEARD OF THAT

2. The first firework went straight up instead of across, and exploded perfectly. Is that a wind thing?I'VE SEEN IT GO BOTH WAYS

3. There were a lot of fountains and lasers. Is that normal?HUMIDITY=BETTER LASER EFFECTS

4. There was this cool effect at the end of the show when each of the countries lit up individually and a spotlight from the country was cast into the center of the lagoon. Then, their flame went on.NEW EFFECT TO MAKE UP FOR THE GLOBE.

That's about it.

Hope that helps!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom