Wild Tiki Room Rumor

MousDad

Adding Stitch would be a disaster! I mean, what would they do? Make him eat one of the birds?!?! :eek:

I see no problem with it thematically. The tropical serenade of the Tiki Room and the tropics-loving Stitch make much more sense to me than tossing in 2 birds from 2 separate films that are not related in time or location.

In fact, I could easily see an homage to the original and the presence of Stitch working just fine. How does the TDL version incorporate Stitch? Is it like the characters in Small World, or is he an active part of the show?

yankspy

After seeing the original in Disneyland, I want the original back at MK. The new one doesn't hold a candle to the old.

But where's Martin/Lee? Can any of our inside knowledge experts elaborate on this?

I think we all know Imagination is getting a refurb. It's been STRONGLY hinted/rumored for what, a year now? Same for Star Tours and Space Mountain. I just think those are a given. And it is interesting that the Country Bears are getting a minor refurb. I do hope they refurb Jungle Cruise more though than the little refurb it just had. And I think all of us can agree the Great Movie Ride is due for a refurb.
Martin is in WDW. I would also love to see the original Tiki Room go back to WDW. I would also like to see a big retro celebration for 2011. It would be great if they released a whole line of retro merchandise. It might also be nice to see the Walt Disney story go back on Main Street. Anyway, this is a great rumor, I hope it is true.

bgraham34

First off let me say that I hate stitch. He really bothers and annoys me. If Stitch were to be added I would for sure not see the attraction. As for the current Tiki Room I actually really enjoy it and never miss it. I understand leaving the original in tact but this works for todays generation of kids.

earningmyfins

no way, they can take iago and zazu away but don't replace it with stitch. that's terrible! and if anyone were to makeover the carousel of progress, i'd certainly think of the new disney as a fake, charcter-pushing, sickening place to come to.

earningmyfins

First off let me say that I hate stitch. He really bothers and annoys me. If Stitch were to be added I would for sure not see the attraction. As for the current Tiki Room I actually really enjoy it and never miss it. I understand leaving the original in tact but this works for todays generation of kids.

agreed.

jedimaster1227

After seeing the original in Disneyland, I want the original back at MK. The new one doesn't hold a candle to the old.

But where's Martin/Lee? Can any of our inside knowledge experts elaborate on this?

I think we all know Imagination is getting a refurb. It's been STRONGLY hinted/rumored for what, a year now? Same for Star Tours and Space Mountain. I just think those are a given. And it is interesting that the Country Bears are getting a minor refurb. I do hope they refurb Jungle Cruise more though than the little refurb it just had. And I think all of us can agree the Great Movie Ride is due for a refurb.

Imagination is still in line to get its refurbishment, and steps are in process to prepare for its closure (you've already seen two of them happen).

I doubt that they would do another Stitch attraction. The character Stitch is popular but no one seems overly enthusiastic about his attraction in Tomorrowland. I personnally prefered Alien Encounter much more.

I saw the original Tiki Room show in Disneyland this past February and didn't really have a preference for it over the WDW version. Both seemed pretty cool to me. I'd be happy with either one.

Actually, WDI is very confident that the Enchanted Stitch Room show will go over well in Tokyo. Stitch will eventually vacate his current attraction space--there are much bigger plans in store for Tomorrowland as a whole, and from what I've been told, he isn't a part of that plan.

Gooch

Ugh, Stitch? He's probably my least favorite Disney character EVERRR. They plugged him in to Alien Encounter (which I thought was great) and have been talking about incorporating him into It's a Small World as well. If they do it at the Tiki Room as well...eh, it would be disappointing to say the least. Go back to your planet, Stitch.

JCorduroy

Well, should they take Stitch out of Tomorrowland (Which they should, lets be fair - the ride is subpar, and Stitch is probably my favorite character) he fits with the Tiki Room and the fact that it's got a polynesian theme to it. The movie does take place almost entirely in Hawaii, so it's not too much of a stretch to plug the little blue guy in. It's a more logical fit than Iago and Zazu, who are from the Middle East and Africa, respectively.

t3techcom18

I would LOVE for all this. It seems like the perfect way to celebrate the property's 40th anniversary (even I could use without the Stitch implanting at Tiki).

The only thing is, I fear that it all just sounds too good to be true. A fanboy's dream. BUT....if it DOES turn out to be true...then I think us Disney fans will have quite a year when WDW turns 40. Thing is, if Jamboree is having a minor rehab, the long rumored Space Mountain is suppossed to be announced soon, and then the other long standing rumors over Jungle Cruise, and now another poster here saying there is plans for an updated version of Fantasyland (which would be REALLY good, as foot traffic was definitely didn't think of the future crowds the park would face)...well, things are definitely looking up :)

Gotta agree with DellsDude - I would LOVE to see a permanent thing of WALL-E in the parks, esp. in Tomorrowland. For once, a Pixar character that would fit perfectly in Tomorrowland (No, I don't count Buzz being among them actually).

Stitchon

I sure hope Disneyland gets something out of this whole WDW 40th anniversary shindig. If you got attractions and nearly overshadowed our birthday, we deserve something in return. And I don't mean shows, I want something where the Motor Boat Cruise and Big Thunder Ranch are now. I still can't forgive marketing for the promo that had Walt giving his opening day speech in front of Cinderella Castle. Honestly, the shouldn't have overtaken something that shouldn't have been theirs in the first place.

Does anyone know how the DL version draws as compared to "under new managemet"?

Ours is the original Tiki Room version, from 1958. Ours never had characters integrated into the show and received a top-to-bottom refurbishment as part of the 50th anniversary celebration.

EPCOT Explorer

Imagination is still in line to get its refurbishment, and steps are in process to prepare for its closure (you've already seen two of them happen).

Actually, WDI is very confident that the Enchanted Stitch Room show will go over well in Tokyo. Stitch will eventually vacate his current attraction space--there are much bigger plans in store for Tomorrowland as a whole, and from what I've been told, he isn't a part of that plan.

Hey, Adam...Is there any validity to the OP statement about the 40th?

olmec26

A new, Stitch-less (!) Tomorrowland...can we get any more elaboration on that one?

As for the two steps to the JII refurb...could closing the Figgy meet and greet be one? And does this refurb include the return of Dreamfinder?

EPCOT Explorer

A new, Stitch-less (!) Tomorrowland...can we get any more elaboration on that one?

As for the two steps to the JII refurb...could closing the Figgy meet and greet be one? And does this refurb include the return of Dreamfinder?

There was a wall put up a few months ago...and the Imageworks were refurbed.Right?

As for DF returning...I think it's been hinted at by our illustrious members who have teh rumorz...!1!;)

olmec26

There was a wall put up a few months ago...and the Imageworks were refurbed.Right?

As for DF returning...I think it's been hinted at by our illustrious members who have teh rumorz...!1!;)

I think I remember hearing something about the upstairs Imageworks getting some work, I don't recall any walls downstairs...but I could be wrong.

Good to know I wasn't the only one reading into those hints from those in the loop though!

The Empress Lilly

As I am a BIG, really BIG fan of the original Tiki-Room and hate the new management with every fabric of my existence

And the JC begs for a major refurbishment. I would appreciate it to become more serious in its tone as I am growing tired of the corny jokes of the increasingly aggressive sounding skippers. Make it a real adventure with more dangers and thrills.
I soo agree with both your points! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom