News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

mickEblu

The Disneyland sub-forum has a thread for TBA, so that is where "spoiler-free" updates would remain I would imagine.

No I mean a thread where people post reviews without spoilers. I’ll have questions. Going to try not to watch video. Would be dumb to do that when it opens just a few months later at DL.

Disstevefan1

Lol @ EPCOT
failure.jpg

MerlinTheGoat

If only they would cover/fix the other fence. That one looks so unplanned.
It was. It was only added sometime in the early 2000s from what I understand. And I suspect even the imagineers involved in Tiana didn't initially realize it was there since it wasn't present in the CGI render. I'm guessing the mural they added to it was done as a last minute thing late in the planning phases. As much as I dislike the mural on the barn, that one still looks more planned out than the one on the fence...

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Sorry if this annoys anyone but can I ask why do CM previews actually happen? For me as a paying guest, I will find nothing more annoying that watching CM’s go down the drop whilst we have to watch 😂
I know I am being jealous but it always annoys me that we end up missing getting to ride but “staff” “cast members” do!
I understand it being a perk for them but surely they could ride alongside a soft opening for the public too and then if effects aren’t working etc then we understand as it’s just a “soft opening”.

Just interested to hear why if anyone knows the answer.

Also I get that Disney are stalling to clearly just open this for the next fiscal quarter but each time I look at this, I think it’s basically done. If they worked solidly on this for the next week surely all this queue would be done? It just feels like they are stalling on purpose which is such a shame for others that have vacation before June haha!

Also has anyone actually seen official invites for the supposed media event in June or was this just word of mouth?

Sorry for the rant, just desperate to ride and know we will miss it now 😪😂
On top of what other's already said, it's also not uncommon for Cast previews to be done when parts of the experience aren't show ready. Cast previews for Cosmic Rewind took them through Backstage hallways right to the loading station skipping the entire queue/pre-shows. They also frequently have stricter rules on photos/videos that are easier to enforce if only Cast members are there, which means those previews can start before Disney is ready to start its marketting blitz or reveal features (back to Cosmic Rewind, Terry Crews wasn't announced until after cast previews had already started)

Both of those mean that Cast previews can start earlier than guest previews giving more time for trial runs/testing with actual riders

TrainsOfDisney

Larry the Ladder

Tiana's practical partner is always willing to lift his co op co workers spirits whenever they need to step things up!

Who could hang Mardi Gras decorations or build floats without him?

Dig a little deeper? Larry says reach for the stars!
You inspired me….

From chat gpt -

Once upon a time, there was a humble ladder named Léo. Léo lived in the heart of New Orleans, where every corner was filled with the vibrant spirit of Mardi Gras. Despite being just a ladder, Léo had a zest for life and a love for the city’s iconic treats—beignets.

One particularly festive Mardi Gras, as the streets were alive with music and laughter, a magical event occurred. With a sprinkle of fairy dust from a passing parade float, Léo came to life! From that moment on, Léo became an integral part of the festivities, joining the colorful parades and celebrations, his wooden rungs tapping along to the rhythm of jazz music.

As time went on, Léo’s love for beignets only grew stronger, and he became known throughout the city as the ladder who could always be found near the best beignet spots, eagerly awaiting his next delicious treat. Eventually, his adventures caught the attention of Princess Tiana, who decided to include him in her new ride at Disney, ensuring that Léo’s love for beignets and Mardi Gras would be celebrated for generations to come.

LittleBuford

You inspired me….

From chat gpt -

Once upon a time, there was a humble ladder named Léo. Léo lived in the heart of New Orleans, where every corner was filled with the vibrant spirit of Mardi Gras. Despite being just a ladder, Léo had a zest for life and a love for the city’s iconic treats—beignets.

One particularly festive Mardi Gras, as the streets were alive with music and laughter, a magical event occurred. With a sprinkle of fairy dust from a passing parade float, Léo came to life! From that moment on, Léo became an integral part of the festivities, joining the colorful parades and celebrations, his wooden rungs tapping along to the rhythm of jazz music.

As time went on, Léo’s love for beignets only grew stronger, and he became known throughout the city as the ladder who could always be found near the best beignet spots, eagerly awaiting his next delicious treat. Eventually, his adventures caught the attention of Princess Tiana, who decided to include him in her new ride at Disney, ensuring that Léo’s love for beignets and Mardi Gras would be celebrated for generations to come.
What prompt did you use to generate this?

Sir_Cliff

What prompt did you use to generate this?
I have to admit that it is a little frightening how easily ChatGPT is able to mimic other styles of writing and I've just started to get emails obviously written by AI from my students.

This is what I got asking ChatGPT to write a backstory for a ladder featured in the attraction:

In the heart of the Louisiana bayou, there stands a rustic ladder with a story as rich as the landscape it inhabits. This particular ladder, made from the sturdy cypress trees that line the swamps, was crafted by none other than Eudora, Tiana's talented mother. Eudora, renowned for her sewing and craftsmanship, once fashioned this ladder for a very special purpose.

Years ago, when Tiana was just a young girl with dreams as vast as the bayou itself, Eudora needed a way to gather the rare Spanish moss that draped elegantly from the highest branches of the cypress trees. This moss was essential for Eudora as she used it to stuff the handmade dolls and pillows she sold at the local markets to make ends meet and save for Tiana’s future.

One day, Eudora decided to create a durable, yet lightweight ladder that could be easily carried through the thickets and marshes of the bayou. With the help of Tiana’s father, James, who was as handy with tools as he was with spices in the kitchen, they designed the ladder specifically to reach the unreachable, embodying the very essence of striving for one's dreams despite all odds.

As years passed, the ladder not only served its practical purpose but also became a cherished family heirloom, symbolizing the dedication of Tiana's parents to provide for her and fuel her ambitions. When Tiana opened her restaurant, she used the same ladder to decorate the establishment with the very same Spanish moss that once filled her childhood home with warmth and comfort.

When the idea for Tiana's Bayou Adventure was conceived, it was only natural that this ladder found its place in the attraction. Situated in a scenic spot along the ride, the ladder is cleverly incorporated into a tableau depicting a moonlit bayou scene. Here, it leans against a large, gnarled tree, now used by Louis the alligator to reach his trumpet, accidentally caught in the branches above during a particularly enthusiastic musical number.

This ladder not only adds a touch of authenticity to the ride but also serves as a poignant reminder of Tiana’s roots and the collective effort of her family to reach for the stars. It stands as a testament to the fact that every object in our lives carries a story and that with imagination and hard work, even the simplest tool can become part of a larger, magical narrative.

SuddenStorm

You inspired me….

From chat gpt -

This reads uncomfortably close to WDI's descriptions for the characters on this ride.

Earlie the Pearlie

Eudora needed a way to gather the rare Spanish moss that draped elegantly from the highest branches of the cypress trees. This moss was essential for Eudora as she used it to stuff the handmade dolls and pillows she sold at the local markets to make ends meet and save for Tiana’s future.

When Tiana opened her restaurant, she used the same ladder to decorate the establishment with the very same Spanish moss that once filled her childhood home with warmth and comfort.
Is Chat GPT reading this thread?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom