News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Everything gets lighter with time in Florida.
Except the guests. They get heavier.
1000001482.jpg

Disstevefan1

Honestly, my wallet will thank them for that more than my waist. I’ll still eat—I’ll just bring Oreos. They make Tiramisu Oreos this year, which sounds like something they’d sell at the Italy F&G kiosk for $9.
If they find they are making enough money from Genie+ and ILL in EPCOT, maybe we could see the end of the food booths?

erstwo

Thank you! And I'm happy to get some photos for you this afternoon, but if they were to light up, it would be from below as the rest of the water tower lighting is. There is room for lights at the base of the tiara, but the fact we haven't seen that yet leads me to believe it won't happen.
Thanks so much - I look forward to seeing it!
Still holding out hope, but I bet you are correct. Maybe, just maybe, it will be some Disney magic and they will light up every night once the ride is open.

In the Parks
No
I'll amend that to say "lying almost from the beginning". There was an early budget figure that he got roughly correct at the time they first announced the project. II also heard a similar even lower figure at the time, but it was well before they had any settled on plan apart from the IP and things have since massively changed and the budget was significantly upped. That information hasn't been accurate for a very very long time. He has not only neglected to retract this claim to account for newer information, but he has made up a ton of new false information of his own since then.
How do we define unfinished? There are degrees to these things. In my opinion, if they open this while still putting finishing touches on it, that constitutes unfinished.

tparris

Honestly, my wallet will thank them for that more than my waist. I’ll still eat—I’ll just bring Oreos. They make Tiramisu Oreos this year, which sounds like something they’d sell at the Italy F&G kiosk for $9.
This is the first I’m hearing of these tiramisu Oreos, and I would like to formally thank you for informing me of their existence

ToTBellHop

How do we define unfinished? There are degrees to these things. In my opinion, if they open this while still putting finishing touches on it, that constitutes unfinished.
It is nonsense. If they need an extra month, they’ll just open it in August or September. All they’ve said is “summer”. They won’t open it unfinished in 8 weeks.

Sorry if this annoys anyone but can I ask why do CM previews actually happen? For me as a paying guest, I will find nothing more annoying that watching CM’s go down the drop whilst we have to watch 😂
I know I am being jealous but it always annoys me that we end up missing getting to ride but “staff” “cast members” do!
I understand it being a perk for them but surely they could ride alongside a soft opening for the public too and then if effects aren’t working etc then we understand as it’s just a “soft opening”.

Just interested to hear why if anyone knows the answer.

Also I get that Disney are stalling to clearly just open this for the next fiscal quarter but each time I look at this, I think it’s basically done. If they worked solidly on this for the next week surely all this queue would be done? It just feels like they are stalling on purpose which is such a shame for others that have vacation before June haha!

Also has anyone actually seen official invites for the supposed media event in June or was this just word of mouth?

Sorry for the rant, just desperate to ride and know we will miss it now 😪😂

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry if this annoys anyone but can I ask why do CM previews actually happen? For me as a paying guest, I will find nothing more annoying that watching CM’s go down the drop whilst we have to watch 😂
I know I am being jealous but it always annoys me that we end up missing getting to ride but “staff” “cast members” do!
I understand it being a perk for them but surely they could ride alongside a soft opening for the public too and then if effects aren’t working etc then we understand as it’s just a “soft opening”.

Just interested to hear why if anyone knows the answer.

Also I get that Disney are stalling to clearly just open this for the next fiscal quarter but each time I look at this, I think it’s basically done. If they worked solidly on this for the next week surely all this queue would be done? It just feels like they are stalling on purpose which is such a shame for others that have vacation before June haha!

Also has anyone actually seen official invites for the supposed media event in June or was this just word of mouth?

Sorry for the rant, just desperate to ride and know we will miss it now 😪😂
It is really a couple of issues, but mainly, it gives the cast working the ride a chance to get used to regular operations without worrying about having paying guests on the ride. Downtimes may be frequent, e-stops, evacuations etc.

Secondly, it gives a little something to the cast, boosts moral, and arms them with information to talk to guests about the new ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom