Citrus Dreamin' - A NEW Imagineering Competition - Chat and Hype Thread

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Is it too late for me to hop along? I've been meaning to get back into this!

1. For passion projects -- either going back to The Enchanted Palace (an adventurers club style fantasy party) from SYWTBAI or North Sea Voyage from 1986. The first was a team project with an idea we were all super passioniate about, and we ended up writing an insane amount for a relatively small scale prompt. For the second, I tried to emulate the OG "storyless" atmospheric Disney rides, like Pirates or Haunted Mansion, for a modern-day setting. Sometimes I have a tendency to "go big" so it was nice to step back and smell roses.

2. Since taking a step back, I am studying architecture, so I have new experiences with building design, codes, and I've gotten skilled with 3D and physical model-making! Excited to share these with ya'll.

3. Consistency -- I can sometimes focus all my energy on one thing, so if work or life get busier, I may take steps back. But this time, I want to be ok with not always going all-out and take things slow & sustainable. That way, I'll be there for each new project!

Dole Whip or Turkey Leg!
Infinity War Avengers GIF by Marvel Studios

@Outbound returning to the forums to collect the final Imagineering Stone.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
A different kind of video from me...

Sorry you had a difficult time trying to get your food. Mental health or autism or anything else aside, bad customer service is bad customer service. Although based on the details you provided I have to wonder if that mobile ordering app has some reliability issues and maybe the team members working at the location didn’t even receive your order.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Question of the Day
Favorite seasonal event at a park? A holiday party, an epcot festival, stuff like Mardis Gras at Universal, anything that only happens for part of the year
Not to be a dump valve but I honestly try to go when there aren’t seasonal festivals. I like to experience the parks in their purest form.

But, EPCOT Flower and Garden is probably my favorite. I love the Butterfly Garden. 💖🦋

TheOriginalTiki

Question of the Day
Favorite seasonal event at a park? A holiday party, an epcot festival, stuff like Mardis Gras at Universal, anything that only happens for part of the year
Knott's Scary Farm. It's not just the best seasonal thing I've ever done in a park, 2019 in particular was THE single greatest theme park experience of my life. The vibes, guest experience, and level of originality is honestly so far above Halloween Horror Nights that when I did end up making it to HHN I couldn't help but be pretty significantly let down in comparison.

Even the actual maze layouts are a lot more complex and creative at Scary Farm despite their far smaller budget. NOTHING beats walking through ghost town with a horde of Scare actors and fog so thick you can't see in front of your face.

ThemeParkPriest

Not to be a dump valve but I honestly try to go when there aren’t seasonal festivals. I like to experience the parks in their purest form.
I tend to agree with this! The best one I’ve attended is the Bluegrass Festival at Dollywood. I would probably prefer Nightmare Before Christmas overlay at Disneyland. I’ll be at Universal Japan for Cool Japan, so I’m interested to see the overlays there.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

But, EPCOT Flower and Garden is probably my favorite. I love the Butterfly Garden. 💖🦋
Love the butterfly garden! My allergies don't but I always make sure to visit even if I gotta speed run lol

Outbound

Sonic 2 GIF by Sonic The Hedgehog

It's so funny because I sent a few messages to people who I hadn't seen in a while the other day to invite them to join and you were on my list to message and somehow I accidentally skipped you so I'm really glad you found the thread anyway lol

Welcome! Happy to have you onboard!
Infinity War Avengers GIF by Marvel Studios

@Outbound returning to the forums to collect the final Imagineering Stone.
Lol glad to be back! But although winning those competitions was fun, my goal is imagineering and design first, and however I end up doing happening along the way. I'm wanting to get back to the community :). Thanks somo for the warm re-welcome!!

Also @Tegan pilots a chicken I was reading through the DMs and saw your message -- know I'm a bit late but congratulations!! Happy to hear you are well.

Wait, you had a hand in making the best blue sky park I have ever read?! Cool!
Glad you enjoyed it all these years later! That project collectively was one of my favorites, it was a real team collaboration from everyone that made it so special. Hope we can do something similar here!

Question of the Day
I know its cliche, but Holiday Season @Disneyland is always something special.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Lol glad to be back! But although winning those competitions was fun, my goal is imagineering and design first, and however I end up doing happening along the way. I'm wanting to get back to the community :). Thanks somo for the warm re-welcome!!

Also @Tegan pilots a chicken I was reading through the DMs and saw your message -- know I'm a bit late but congratulations!! Happy to hear you are well.

Glad you enjoyed it all these years later! That project collectively was one of my favorites, it was a real team collaboration from everyone that made it so special. Hope we can do something similar here!

I know its cliche, but Holiday Season @Disneyland is always something special.
Now we got 2 fozzies in this game.

1710191702363.png

Just playing.

Question of the Day
Pixar Fest was cool with all the food offerings, glad it’s returning!
I don’t think that was intentional, @Outbound probably had the Fonzie avatar first, @Muppetsfan#1 ’s OG profile pic was all the muppets before he changed it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom