News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Cmdr_Crimson

Not sure why people would want to put Encanto or Indiana Jones in Animal Kingdom when these movies have little to no animal representation.
Nope, no animals in it AT ALL! Not a one...Can't see any in this shot..
maxresdefault.jpg

Movielover

Not sure why people would want to put Encanto or Indiana Jones in Animal Kingdom when these movies have little to no animal representation.

I bring up my previous posts for this "totally new question" that certainly has not been answered previously in this thread...

No idea, you just said Indy had nothing to do with animals, and I just wanted to point out your mistake. 🤷‍♂️

Of course, you also seem to be forgetting the episode of The Young Adventures of Indiana Jones when as a child he traveled to Africa and met President Theodore Roosevelt on safari. Then, after discovering where a very rare species of antelope, the Oryx, and witnessing the safari group killing a massive number of the rare animals he himself helped locate, Indiana helped open the eyes of Roosevelt and company to the preservation of the animals being alive and how they affected the balance of life in the area. Thus, teaching the viewers how over-hunting a species can lead to its extinction and the fallout that can have on a location's ecosystem.

But yeah, I guess that little bit of conservation of animals has absolutely nothing to do with the conservation of animals. ;)

View attachment 742492

Stupido

maxresdefault.jpg

In fairness though, Antonio is easily the least popular of all of the Madrigal kids, and even some of the adults are more popular.

They'd never center an attraction around him, even if it made the IP fit the park better.

TheMaxRebo

I wonder at times if Disney looks at long dark rides as a risk financially. Let’s face it; today’s younger generations have the attention span of a gnat on crack. I would bet they see financing several 100 million dollars on a dark ride to be a waste of funds when over half the riders just bury their faces in their phones 2 minutes into the ride. And with Genie+ I feel that Disney makes this situation worse. When my wife and I are hitting the rides and have paid for Genie+, we are on our phones looking for more rides when in queues or even on rides (I hate to admit).

Guess dep nds if you mean specifically old school dark rides or the broader view - I m an Remy and MMRr are really dark rides and they just got built

I think that is the type people are thinking would get done - even more specifically use the Mystic Manor ride stst m and adapt to Encanto/the Casita

TheMaxRebo

I don't think many people are saying these are the best IP to use in AK, more that they are better than Zootopia and at least are angles to make it work. The parks theme is more about conservation and coexisting with nature than just animals

But you have Antonio and how he communicates with animals and he room was a forest/jungle with animals. For Indy you can do about exploring South American/equatorial areas (and hopefully showing how artifacts should stay where they are from rather than in a museum) and obviously can have exhibits with snakes

osian

So by that logic, does Aladdin belong in Animal Kingdom since there are animals in that movie?
Indeed. These are indirect, contrived, retro-fitting excuses, not reasons, as has happened with EPCOT.

Encanto is not about animals, nor a country, it's a fantasy about humans with magical powers. Hmm, wonder which park it would fit into best, given that it has to be introduced somewhere for some reason?

Sir_Cliff

I don't think many people are saying these are the best IP to use in AK, more that they are better than Zootopia and at least are angles to make it work. The parks theme is more about conservation and coexisting with nature than just animals

But you have Antonio and how he communicates with animals and he room was a forest/jungle with animals. For Indy you can do about exploring South American/equatorial areas (and hopefully showing how artifacts should stay where they are from rather than in a museum) and obviously can have exhibits with snakes
Yes, I think most of us are just relieved at dodging the Zootopia bullet rather than seeing Encanto as an ideal fit for AK.

I agree, though, that they can make it work and it at least seems like they are using Encanto and Indy as anchors for a Latin America-themed land which fits the park alongside Africa and Asia. Hopefully the attractions lean heavily onto the animal angle (for example, Indy could involve a temple to Quetzalcoátl/Kukulcán or something along those lines if that's not considered offensive) and Encanto can lean into Antonio summoning all the animals into the Casa Madrigal. They will also hopefully include some new animal exhibits as part of this land.

There are at least routes to a land that fits the general spirit of Animal Kingdom using these IPs if new investments have to be justified with through the franchise mandate.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

In fairness though, Antonio is easily the least popular of all of the Madrigal kids, and even some of the adults are more popular.

1697896435695.png

1697896521853.png

1697896549735.png

No animals? Not popular?

Brer Panther

But you have Antonio and how he communicates with animals and he room was a forest/jungle with animals.
Encanto can lean into Antonio summoning all the animals into the Casa Madrigal.
I doubt the Encanto attraction will focus on Antonio and his animal pals. It'll likely focus on the more popular parts of the movie - Mirabel, Bruno, etc.

Oh yeah, and they'll definitely sing "We Don't Talk About Bruno" at some point. Probably with the same lyrics, even though the attraction will probably take place after the movie and the song won't make sense as a result (a la "Let It Go" in Frozen Ever After).

SilentWindODoom

I doubt the Encanto attraction will focus on Antonio and his animal pals. It'll likely focus on the more popular parts of the movie - Mirabel, Bruno, etc.

Oh yeah, and they'll definitely sing "We Don't Talk About Bruno" at some point. Probably with the same lyrics, even though the attraction will probably take place after the movie and the song won't make sense as a result (a la "Let It Go" in Frozen Ever After).

I more see a dark portion through the interior of the walls with the skittering of rats and the tune as a leitmotif.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
It’s the official song of Arendelle. Haven’t you seen the singalong in DHS?

😉

Cmdr_Crimson

IMO it's going to be the canceled Mary Poppins ride and shifted to AK...Remember, the space they are showing Casita is on the former Primevil Whirl spot and it's not that big..

DisneyHead123

There is an immersive Encanto experience by CAMP gearing up in major cities now. Wondering if this will serve as a template for the park’s attraction, if indeed it does happen.

Advisable Joseph

maxresdefault.jpg
And unless Disney changes the name of the park, that is what the attraction will focus on. The other stuff will be a small add-on, like the musicians throughout the park.

Don't fixate on attractiions being "the Encanto ride" or "the Moana ride." That's not what's happening here. Maybe Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios, but not Animal Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom