News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Cmdr_Crimson

And unless Disney changes the name of the park, that is what the attraction will focus on. The other stuff will be a small add-on, like the musicians throughout the park.

Don't fixate on attractiions being "the Encanto ride" or "the Moana ride." That's not what's happening here. Maybe Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios, but not Animal Kingdom.
Which I still think is going to happen down the line after Epic Universe opens..Changing the aspect of it to Disney's Adventure Kingdom..I keep bringing this up as many say it won't happen...I'm on the fence that it will down the line when they realize they need more to do in that park that has the less rides.. The Sea World parks had to change the parks to add more rides and less animals and look at it now..

When was the last time they had any new Animal exhibits since they brought the otters on Discovery Island?

Timothy_Q

IMO it's going to be the canceled Mary Poppins ride and shifted to AK...Remember, the space they are showing Casita is on the former Primevil Whirl spot and it's not that big..
incorrect

1697983113387.png

Sir_Cliff

Remember when everyone said the Guardians of the Galaxy ride at EPCOT would probably have something to do with energy? Yeah, how did that work out again?

I sincerely doubt the Encanto ride will be about animals.
I mean, you can doubt it will be about animals all you want and other people can be sure it will be about animals all they want. We have next to no information to go on for the time being, so it's all pure guess work right now.

The only thing I would say is that we can't say that the film has no connection to animals and therefore the attraction will necessarily be thematically inappropriate for Animal Kingdom as the first proposition isn't correct.

Brer Panther

I really don't like the idea of renaming the park "Disney's Adventure Kingdom". Not only is that a really weak and generic name, it would torpedo the whole purpose of the park.
Snow White has animals in it, so it would be entirely appropriate for Animal Kingdom, right? I mean, no wonder they removed it from Magic Kingdom.View attachment 750361
My point exactly.

osian

I really don't like the idea of renaming the park "Disney's Adventure Kingdom". Not only is that a really weak and generic name, it would torpedo the whole purpose of the park.
And that would render Encanto even more inappropriate for the park.

Perhaps if it would be renamed to "Disney's Movie-IPs-that-are-not-about-animals-but-have-animals-as-a-secondary-subplot-to-the-main-plot Kingdom" then it could incorporate any movie that had a connection to animals, and introduce attarctions based on those movies that re-tell the movies but without using the animals. [That's what they did to EPCOT wasn't it, with Frozen, Ratatouille, BATB - using Norway and France as the tenuous connections but then not actually using the countries in the attraction)

Last edited:

MR.Dis

Animal Kingdom will not change their name. It is what it is--Pandora really has nothing to do with the Animal Kingdom theme but that did not stop Disney. Disney's Adventure Kingdom would actually be a good name for a new Gate, but we all know that is not likely to happen in the next 20 years.

Rich Brownn

Animal Kingdom will not change their name. It is what it is--Pandora really has nothing to do with the Animal Kingdom theme but that did not stop Disney. Disney's Adventure Kingdom would actually be a good name for a new Gate, but we all know that is not likely to happen in the next 20 years.
Pandora is focused on conservation, very much part of Animal Kingdom's theme. FOP goes very much into detail about what, why and how extinction and conservation work.

Bocabear

Displaying less exotic European species with the cottage as a setting? Would love to see diversity in Animal Kingdom.
Why not Andy's Back Yard setting...then you can get Toy Story in the Animal Kingdom and have squirrels, Raccoons and Possums in the habitat... Maybe chipmunks... An urban setting with Rats and mice?
or better just leave the locations and animals exotic....

Cmdr_Crimson

Pandora is focused on conservation, very much part of Animal Kingdom's theme. FOP goes very much into detail about what, why and how extinction and conservation work.
Pandora is AK's version of The Land Pavilion with Soarin (FoP) and LwTL (NRJ aka the boat ride no one likes but praises the one at Epcot).

Brer Panther

I think a North America forest land could work in Animal Kingdom. There's a lot of animals you could include... grizzly bears, moose, raccoons, rabbits, foxes, wolves... maybe you could include some Bambi or Brother Bear stuff in there if you want to include IPs (Disney probably wouldn't, since neither of those are "flavor of the month" IPs that are popular right now, but still...).

RSoxNo1

How does Pandora fail to fit into Animal Kingdom's themes? Name a single land added to an existing park around the World that fits the parent park better. Now add in the variable that the parent park has specifically defined themes that are not very broad in scope.

RSoxNo1

I think a North America forest land could work in Animal Kingdom. There's a lot of animals you could include... grizzly bears, moose, raccoons, rabbits, foxes, wolves... maybe you could include some Bambi or Brother Bear stuff in there if you want to include IPs (Disney probably wouldn't, since neither of those are "flavor of the month" IPs that are popular right now, but still...).
Camp Minnie Mickey was a very light version of this. I'd love to see it truly materialized perhaps with a Teddy Roosevelt-esque national park tie in. That being said, I'm not holding my breath, even with IP that could thematically work in a land like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom