Zebra Domes, Space Mountain, Tony's Town Square, Coronado Springs, and more!!!

agdbeanie

Okay, I'm back and here's my trip report.
Friday afternoon---after a late start we finally leave Tallahassee and then one of my girlfriends is like "I'm hungry, I didn't eat lunch" so 10 minutes in we had to stop. She obviously didn't understand that I just wanted to get there ASAP!!! That's ok. I have patience for non-Disney-freaks. So we finally get on the road and get to Coronado Springs around 8:15pm. We originally had PS at Boma for 8:30, but when we got to Okahumpka and it was after 7pm I thought I should call and revise the arrangements to 9pm. Checked in to the resort, went to the room, quickly got ready for dinner and then drove over to AKL. We ended up getting there a little after 9, but whatever. It was definitely too dark to go see the animals. Dinner was awesome!!! I can't really say that my 2 friends enjoyed the meal as much as I did. Not to sounds snotty, but their taste just isn't as sophisticated as mine. They were joking about eating off the kiddy section (chicken fingers and mac and cheese). They were also a little put off by the price. They thought it was too expensive, but I wasn't going to let them put a damper on my enjoyment. After dinner we browsed the gift shop, bought a couple of cute magnets, chatted with some CM's, and went back to the resort. When we were talking to the CM's I think that is when my 2 friends realized the extent of my Disney-a-holic-ness. But these weren't your avg. happy go-lucky CM's. They were in the college program but they didn't seem to be really "into" Disney. I knew more about WDW then they did. They were like telling me that they would rather stay in a cheap hotel off-property than in one of the "expensive" Disney resorts. This was from the mouths of CM's!! Whatever. They just don't "get it."
Saturday morning---We definitely set the alarm and get ready to go in plenty of time to get to MK early enough to see the opening ceremonies, but my friends took FOREVER to eat breakfast, so we didn't get to the park until 8:55 and by that time the characters were out greeting guests and the ceremony was over. I tried not to get annoyed b/c I know when I go with my husband we'll be there plenty early enough to see this, but I was a little disappointed. Don't worry, this post is not all complaints. Anyway we walked down Main Street and got 3 different photographers to take out pictures so that we would be sure to have at least one really good one (we're all picture-people) and then took some pictures with Partners and headed off to Adventureland. 1st stop-Swiss Family Tree House followed by Aladdin's Magic Carpets, and then the Jungle Cruise. I then tried to get an Orange Slush, but they weren't open yet:confused: so we headed over to PoC---my favorite ride!!! It was fun of course. I bought some new pirate accessories for Mr. Potato Head and then we headed to Frontierland. We didn't go on Splash :( b/c my friends didn't want to get wet. Whatever. So then we went to Thunder Mtn. Fun:D When I recited the spiel about hats and glasses my friends thought it was hilarious. We skipped Tom Sawyers Island (which was pretty much fine with me) and headed to the shops. I cut through and got my slush:slurp: and we saw the closed Diamond Horseshoe:( We shopped in the patriotic shop outside Hall of Pres. and then went on Haunted Mansion. Fun of course:sohappy: Then we went to Fantasyland and went on Small World. After that we decided to eat lunch. I suggested Cinderella's Royal Table, but they looked at the menu and didn't see anything they particularly wanted so we finally decided on Tony's Town Square. Of course it was delicious. Our waitress was nice and she also told us some interesting news.
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but they are changing Tony's style a little bit. They're making it a themed restaurant sort of like Prime Time at MGM. It will still be Italian and everything like that, but people coming to eat will be "cousins" and so on like Prime Time. She took our picture for her scrap book that she will have to show other guests. She also told us she will be referred to as "Mama Mia." This sounds SO cool to me. I love Prime Time and the atmosphere there rocks! She said Tony's was going to have the same thing and that makes me very excited. Of course my friends have never been to Prime Time, so they really didn't "get it."
Next we headed to Tomorrowland and rode Space Mtn. and the Peoplemover, shopped extensively, and headed over to Toon Town. We stood in line for Minnie and Mickey and went through both houses. Mickey's line was much shorter than the last time I was there, so I was pleased. We then hopped on the train (we were on the Roy O. Disney) and rode all the way around the park. Then we went back to Tomorrowland and watched some Magic Music Days performers and rode Space Mtn. again. Then we went shopping on Main Street and watched the castle show. We then grabbed a quick dinner at the Plaza Pavillion and headed up to the front of Main Street to try to get a good seat for the parade. Well, unfortunately it had started raining and everyone was seeking cover and headed for our spot much earlier than normal. We got there an hour before the scheduled start of the parade and there were NO seats left. Well the rain got worse and worse and then these dorky teeny-bopper cheerleaders thought we (all the people) wanted to be entertained by them making fools out of themselves doing cheers and such in the street. They basically made themselves look foolish and their yelling got really annoying after the first 30 seconds. Finally at 5 min. 'til the parade they announced that it was being delayed so we went over look at our pictures. I think everyone had the same idea as us b/c the line was crazy long. Finally when we got to see our pictures, it took us quite a long time to doctor them up and get them perfect by messing with the brightness and color and crop etc. I guess we were up there for about 10 or 15 minutes playing with the pictures to get them just right (we did have 7 pictures) and when we finally walked away from the desk the other people in line were jerks and started applauding. I wanted to give them all the South Florida Salute, but I kept in mind that WDW is a family place. But let me tell you, if there hadn't been children around it might have been different. They were so rude. I did give them a mean look though. After we left the shop I thought what I should have done was go back and fix more of the pictures just to annoy them more, but we just laughed and decided not to let it ruin our mood. Then we went over to City Hall and got birthday buttons. I won't be at WDW on my birthday, but I wanted a button to wear to school that day (I'm a teacher). We finished our Main Street shopping and also watched the Fantasy in the Sky. I got some awesome kick-butt pictures with my new digital camera of the fireworks and of the color-changing castle. After that we went back to the resort and relaxed for the rest of the night.
Sunday---we got up at around 8:30a and packed up. We loaded the car and went to take pictures around the resort. It was nice, but I wasn't overly impressed by the room. I probably won't stay at this one again unless they redo the rooms. They just seemed kinda plain. I like POFQ much better---also probably b/c that's where we stayed on our honeymoon. The outside of the resort was very nice. After the photoshoot:lol: we headed over to DTD for lunch and shopping. We ate lunch at Rainforest Cafe which of course was delicious and fun and then shopped everywhere. We probably shopped for close to 6 hours. I took some pictures of the Saratoga construction site. We went to the new scrapbook store. It was neat, but I wasn't overly impressed. The selection was kinda small and only about 1/3 of the items sold in the store were for scrapbooking. There were a lot of postcards, office supplies, etc. I know the store used to sell office supplies. All of the scrapbook stuff they sold there was stuff that I had already seen in a few of the stores at MK. I'm sure they will gradually get more merchandise. I would really like to see park-specific kits. All of the packets that had magic kindom stuff in them also had the other 3 parks as well. I love all 4 parks, but I want more specific stuff for each park. Oh well, I'm sure they will grow and expand with demand. There seemed to be quite a few people in the shop.
Everything else was uneventful shopping except when we got down to Cirque and I got to talked extensively with the store clerk about the performer and stuff. That was cool and made me want even more to go see the show again. She told me that they changed a couple of the acts and got a couple of new performers and a new vocalist. Sounded cool
At around 4:40 we headed home. I had fun, but I'd personally rather go with my husband. We are so alike in our love of all things Disney and our passion for WDW. Overall good trip. I'm glad I went.
PS---Sorry this post was so long, thanks to those who made it all the way through.

MKCustodial

Good thing you had fun. Two thoughts, though:

1) I'm a bit sad to hear they're changing Tony's. I always thought it should be more themed towards Lady and the Tramp, with maybe pictures and stuff (besides the name and the sidewalk) and now it seems to be going further away from that.

2) Since you guys are all picture-people, I'm pretty sure you wanted your photos just right, but try to imagine yourself in those other Guests shoes. Most of them only wanted to get their photos, and to have someone holding the line 15 minutes should be pretty annoying! :lol: But I'm glad to hear you didn't let the experience ruin your mood! :wave:

Upvote 0

agdbeanie

Original Poster
Originally posted by MKCustodial
Since you guys are all picture-people, I'm pretty sure you wanted your photos just right, but try to imagine yourself in those other Guests shoes. Most of them only wanted to get their photos, and to have someone holding the line 15 minutes should be pretty annoying! :lol: But I'm glad to hear you didn't let the experience ruin your mood! :wave:

Yes, but there were 6 registers for the pictures. We waited a long time and we bought a lot of pictures and we wanted them to be perfect. When we were waiting, we weren't even paying attention to who was at what register and for how long, even though we had been waiting for quite a while. I just think those people were extremely rude.

Upvote 0

agdbeanie

Original Poster
Originally posted by mrneon606
Did you end up buying all 7 pictures? How do u fix them?I thought they just should u the pic on the screen and then printed it out if you wanted to buy?

We ended up buying 5 pictures between the 3 of us. You can fix them pretty easily. If you don't like the coloring just tell the guy or you can fix it yourself if you know how to use the program. The same with the brightness and the cropping. It's a touch-screen program very similar to the Kodak picture makers that you find in Wal-mart, Eckerds, and Walgreens type store. Also, my best friend works for a photography company and she works with those type of programs all day, so she pretty much knew what to do. The CM working that register just stepped back and let us do our thing until we liked what we saw.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

It isn't the same being there with people who don't "share the magic" so much. Did you miss your hubby? I think I would miss mine to much to go with out him since WDW is really "our place."

Glad you had a good time and hope you were able to show your friends the magic of WDW. :lol:

Upvote 0

agdbeanie

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyPhD
It isn't the same being there with people who don't "share the magic" so much. Did you miss your hubby? I think I would miss mine to much to go with out him since WDW is really "our place."

Glad you had a good time and hope you were able to show your friends the magic of WDW. :lol:

Yes, I missed him a lot. There are certain things that we "always do" when we go to WDW and it was just kinda weird. I've been without him before, but that was when I took my students there for a field trip and I was so busy keeping things on track and keeping up with the kids that I didn't have the same experience as I did just going casual with my two girlfriends. Did that make sense?:veryconfu
Anyway--I think our girlfriends roadtrip will be elsewhere next year. Hmmm...I'm thinking the Mall of America might be fun.
BTW it's a lot of fun to take kids to WDW on a field trip. I'm doing that again this year.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

yes, I understand. With students, even if it is a ton of fun, it is still "work". Not the same mind set and frame as vacation. Aslo kids always get the magic! When I was in college, I once chaparoned (so spelled wrong.) for a group of high school exchange students. That was great because it was such a dream come true for them. But then they diched me because I was the "adult." how fun is that?

A coworker said she went to mall of america and enjoyed it more then WDW, but that is her. It might be more fun with girlfriends and save the magic for family and those who apperciate it as much as you. Having said that, that is one heck of a road trip from FLA and don't go in the winter! :hammer:

BTW, only 3 more days until my family trip. Trip report to follow!!!

Upvote 0

agdbeanie

Original Poster
I really do think that it will be fun and a little more interactive. While it's the same concept as Prime Time, I'm sure it will be completely different as well.

Upvote 0

Fido

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
A coworker said she went to mall of america and enjoyed it more then WDW, but that is her.

Now that's just sad. :confused:
Oh well, "it takes diff'rent strokes to rule the world", as they say.

Upvote 0

agdbeanie

Original Poster
I KNOW I wouldn't enjoy Mall of America more than WDW...duh. That is pretty strange. You know what else is strange? Some people actually don't like Disney World! *gasp* I know it sounds blasphemous and hard to believe, but it's actually true. The HORROR!!! :lol:

Upvote 0

Fido

Originally posted by agdbeanie
I KNOW I wouldn't enjoy Mall of America more than WDW...duh. That is pretty strange. You know what else is strange? Some people actually don't like Disney World! *gasp* I know it sounds blasphemous and hard to believe, but it's actually true. The HORROR!!! :lol:

Look above your post and notice the part where I say the thing about 'different strokes'. Now breathe deeply. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom