Your Favorite Walks

Iris

Original Poster
What are your favorite walks in WDW?

I like a leisurely nighttime walk at Port Orleans. I start at the French Quarter boat launch and head toward Riverside. Walking under the overpass as you approach Riverside, pausing by the water wheel, pausing on one of the bridges over the river, and then walking alongside the Mansion buildings.

JIMINYCR

The walk from the Contemp to MK especially if hit at the right time and a monorail passes overhead.
The walk around EP WS without entering any of the pavilions just to people watch.
The walk around the Boardwalk loop.
The walk from GF to Poly to MK.

MickeyLuv'r

My favorite WDW walk is entering MK under very specific circumstances.: at night when there's a crowd of people exiting + MK is open late. Like during a PM parade, AND I walk to Space Mtn with a FP/G+ pass, and the hill of the LL queue is empty such that I am able to jog down the little hill (in the queue, just at the bottom of the stairs). Oh that is fun!

Most of my other favorite walks end with a major attraction +short wait. That's the reward/incentive. I will happily walk across any of the parks to take advantage of a short wait for any of the major attractions.

Otherwise, I enjoy seeing the WDW and Universal's landscaping. Epcot on a nice night comes to mind. On a recent trip we made it to Remy about 15 min before park close, and just enough time to ride it TWICE.

Another time, I was in Test Track's preshow room when my FP window opened for TSM in HS. That was quite a walk, but we made it just in time! That was pretty crazy, and tiring, but a fun memory.

One exception to the above is the walk from Epcot's IG to the Swan/Swan Reserve at twilight. The sky is often fantastic coming from Epcot at that hour. The view looking back towards Epcot from the bridge is also great at that hour.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
A late ressie at Oga's, getting a roadie beer after the park has technically closed. Exiting Oga's, the park is virtually empty with CM's directing you. Galaxy's Edge is so much prettier at night, and you can hear the ambient noise that is often drowned out during the day. A leisurely stroll with that backdrop, beer in hand, relaxed and happy from a long day in the parks is a great way to end a day.

I have done this twice solo, and hope to do it again in a few weeks with friends.

(Oga's lets you make a reservation right up until park close. I've been told they won't kick you out, but about an hour after park close they start to hint that it's time to go. I've never closed the place down, because the CMs directing you out of the park want to go home, too.)

wdw2011por

What are your favorite walks in WDW?

I like a leisurely nighttime walk at Port Orleans. I start at the French Quarter boat launch and head toward Riverside. Walking under the overpass as you approach Riverside, pausing by the water wheel, pausing on one of the bridges over the river, and then walking alongside the Mansion buildings.

I've run those paths a few times and it's probably one of the best run/walk paths on property. The loop around hourglass lake between POP and AoA is a nice path as well.

Mireille

Premium Member
I've run those paths a few times and it's probably one of the best run/walk paths on property. The loop around hourglass lake between POP and AoA is a nice path as well.
I almost stayed at one of the All-Stars this year, but changed to Pop to be able to run around Hourglass Lake. And When I stayed in French Quarter several years ago, they had a 5k fun run (every Sunday, I think) starting by the pool, down through Riverside and around the river back to FQ. And they gave out Mardi Gras beads and stuff and a free order of beignets. I mean free after you paid like $50 for the fun run.

ppete1975

I dont see how you guys are doing another walk outside the parks..... in April I averaged 30k steps per day in the parks.... I didnt need additional walking lol.

The best walk though is any park right before close when the crowds are mostly gone and you find a spot to walk or just stand for a moment and enjoy the sounds, the lights and the magic.

MickeyLuv'r

I dont see how you guys are doing another walk outside the parks..... in April I averaged 30k steps per day in the parks.... I didnt need additional walking lol.

The best walk though is any park right before close when the crowds are mostly gone and you find a spot to walk or just stand for a moment and enjoy the sounds, the lights and the magic.
That is pretty much my thought as well. Walking back to my hotel can be enjoyable, but then I appreciate a short walk to my room.

A long time ago, I saw the kiss goodnight in MK. To see it, I had to stay in MK until the shops closed. That is later than I want stay, but it was neat to see. That was before they remodeled the Hub. Does anyone know if they still do that? (or have brought it back?)

James J

In the Parks
No
A late ressie at Oga's, getting a roadie beer after the park has technically closed. Exiting Oga's, the park is virtually empty with CM's directing you. Galaxy's Edge is so much prettier at night, and you can hear the ambient noise that is often drowned out during the day. A leisurely stroll with that backdrop, beer in hand, relaxed and happy from a long day in the parks is a great way to end a day.

I have done this twice solo, and hope to do it again in a few weeks with friends.

(Oga's lets you make a reservation right up until park close. I've been told they won't kick you out, but about an hour after park close they start to hint that it's time to go. I've never closed the place down, because the CMs directing you out of the park want to go home, too.)
This is the one. We did this last year, and my dad (who prior to the trip said he was just coming so he didn't miss out) was like a kid again taking in the ambience and enjoying the calm. First time I'd ever seen him pull out his phone to take photos!

NelleBelle

We stayed at OKW and the grounds were so lovely! We walked from Hospitality House to our room in the South Point area a couple times.

I also love the walk from IG to the echo lake resorts at night (like it during the day as well).

But I’ll take any park at night when the parks are closed. The empty parks with the music playing in the background and lighting is awesome!

mergatroid

Not sure if it counts as it's inside an attraction, but mine is the walk through the tunnel to Space Mountain. It's partly nostalgic but it's also the anticipation of the fun to follow. The music and lighting is perfection too and it just feels right especially if it's after rope drop and there's no line at that point so you can just walk straight through.

LeighM

1. Between the Alligator Bayou section of Riverside to the lobby at French Quarter
2. The walk from the American Pavilion at Epcot to the front of the park after park closing when the sidewalks twinkled
3. The walk around the lake at Coronado Springs
4. Main Street in MK during Christmas season when it's snoaping :)
5. Wandering around Pandora in AK before park closing

DisneyFanatic12

This one is hard. I like the walk to Magic Kingdom and cannot wait for it to return. I also enjoy taking the Conch Flats trail to Disney Springs from Old Key West (I like the boats, but often prefer my own two legs as you can probably tell). Aside from those two “longer” walks, I do like the Epcot resort loop. Overall, you can’t really go wrong!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom