You tear down the Fountain of Nations you might as well remove the Main Street train station

Goofyernmost

sea-canal-in-the-lower-park-of-peterhof.jpg

OK, so how did you get into my back yard without any of the alarms going off. Time to call the security company I guess.

Cado603

Used to me my happy place now I just get upset when there. Its a curse to remember the good old days and the happy feelings. I used to dance out the door and to the bus so happy to be there. Now its 3 hard gotten FPs and outta there.

hayuk

Here is another part of the story posted on this website.

"No further details have been given, but speculation is that the fountain will be removed to be replaced by all new construction. Plans are expected to be revealed at the D23 Expo taking place in August"

Maybe everybody should calm down and wait until August to see what the plan actually is. New construction could be a new fountain. Just sayin.

jt04

Here is another part of the story posted on this website.

"No further details have been given, but speculation is that the fountain will be removed to be replaced by all new construction. Plans are expected to be revealed at the D23 Expo taking place in August"

Maybe everybody should calm down and wait until August to see what the plan actually is. New construction could be a new fountain. Just sayin.

And/or gardens and trees like it used to be in areas.

Goofyernmost

And/or gardens and trees like it used to be in areas.
Yea, well a lot of folks said that the fountain in front to the Muppet Theater was gone forever as well. However, since it is now a fountain I'd have to say that a whole lot of that information was incorrect. If it were me, I'd wait. Not waiting won't change anything anyway.

Edited to change the wording.

Last edited:

jt04

Yea, well all you folks said that the fountain in front to the Muppet Theater was gone forever as well. However, since it is now a fountain I'd have to say that a whole lot of that information was incorrect. If it were me, I'd wait. Not waiting won't change anything anyway.

I didn't say the Muppet fountain is going away I'm pretty sure. For now.

Goofyernmost

I didn't say the Muppet fountain is going away I'm pretty sure. For now.
Note, I said ALL YOU FOLKS, to me that indicates a general statement, not you necessarily one way of the other. I probably shouldn't have quoted you. It was just a jumping off point for me. I can assure you that I am not keeping track of every individual statement made by every individual. I'll change the wording. You're pretty sure of what, for now? You're pretty sure that the fountain in Epcot is gone with no replacement? Or that you didn't say the Muppets one was leaving for good.

MmeLeota

Remember when they said they would "replace" the waterfall in the Lobby of the Polynesian??? We see how that worked out! I think Iger hates water features.

ppete1975

water is relaxing, and helps with the park feeling. Disney understood that (every park had water features and fountains) they are slowly going away and we are getting concrete.

They paved paradise
to widen walkways
With an abandoned hotel, a boutique
And a swinging tramway
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
'Till it's gone
They paved paradise
to widen walkways
They took all the classic rides
And put them in a ride museum
And they charged all the people
15 bucks to take a selfie with 'em

smile

as a few astute observers have shared in their round-about ways - for the love of walt, folks...
please please please always attempt to guage an attractions return-on-investment before establishing any sort of emotional connections.

you'll thank me later

Tink76

It’s an Epcot relic, the spot where the park was dedicated, remove the show but keep those walls flowing, there are some things you don’t touch and that I believe is not nessesary to remove.
It may suck to watch things being taken away but it's not a museum.
If anyone has been to Barcelona, Spain, they have seen the huge fountain show in the evening that draws thousands of people. The fountains change color to the beat of orchestrated music by various modern groups which include Queen. Disney has enough imagination and money to produce something similar. They just need to bring in somebody with a vision to bring it back to life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom