You find Disneyworld in the most unexpected places

nicholas

Original Poster
I was walking back to my apartment from the laundromat today here in Harlem while listening to Tapestry of Nations on my iPod and thinking to myself "Geez, I wish I was at Disney World right now." And then I looked up and saw this:

7963IMG_0298.jpg

Has anyone else ever found something from Disney World in an unexpected place, or had the same experience of thinking about it and then BAM it was right there?

bgraham34

when I was at a cleint a few weeks back. And advertsing film. they had disney stuff all over the office. So yes it was unexpected.

Atta83

I was went to work with my mom one day and this one lady had a pic of her daughter and Pluto from about 16 years ago and she said it was her special memory. And it made me miss Disney.

Foolish Mortal

I love when I walk into a customers home and there's Disney stuff all over the house. Excellent ice breaker and it makes the job go so much easier. Plus I get to show off my Mickey and Donald tattoo's.

tigsmom

Foolish Mortal said:
...Plus I get to show off my Mickey and Donald tattoo's.

Please tell me that they are on your arms. :lookaroun

Seems like so many people here in town have some sort of Disney antenna topper. There are a few WDW license plate holders around too.
I have a Tigger topper & my DH has a Mickey one. :wave:

Foolish Mortal

tigsmom said:
Please tell me that they are on your arms. :lookaroun

Seems like so many people here in town have some sort of Disney antenna topper. There are a few WDW license plate holders around too.

:lol: :lol: Yes they are. Just under each shoulder. Wanted to keep 'em in a semi hidden spot, so I can work at WDW years from now without wearing long sleeves all the time.

I too have a "Disney" car. Front liscense plate is from the Haunted Mansion. Rear liscense plate holder is the: been there done that going back holder.

tigger248

tigsmom said:

I also have a Disney decorated car. My nephews love riding in it. They call it the Tigger Limousine. :lol: I have a tigger antenna topper, a tigger litter bag, a tigger sun shade organizer, tigger floormats, a tigger air freshner, and a small plush tigger sorta hangs around on my rearview mirror. Can you tell my favorite character? lol :lol: I also have a princess air freshner. And of course my college program auto sticker is on my rear window.

My friends tease me about all the tiggers and think I'm nuts because I always seem to have Disney music playing. When disney's not playing it's usually Jimmy Buffett so people can usually guess what's playing in my car pretty easily.

tigsmom

tigger248 said:
I also have a Disney decorated car. My nephews love riding in it. They call it the Tigger Limousine. :lol: I have a tigger antenna topper, a tigger litter bag, a tigger sun shade organizer, tigger floormats, a tigger air freshner, and a small plush tigger sorta hangs around on my rearview mirror. Can you tell my favorite character? lol :lol: I also have a princess air freshner. And of course my college program auto sticker is on my rear window.

My friends tease me about all the tiggers and think I'm nuts because I always seem to have Disney music playing. When disney's not playing it's usually Jimmy Buffett so people can usually guess what's playing in my car pretty easily.

Can you swing by and take me for a spin in the Tigger mobile? :lol:

SewIn2Disney

I'm taking two online summer classes this summer, and I had a chat tonight for my Philosophy class, and we were talking about how Winnie the Pooh was a Daoist. (A branch of Philosophy) I was like " Disney? Now this I can relate to" the teacher just laughed.

tigsmom

SewIn2Disney said:
I'm taking two online summer classes this summer, and I had a chat tonight for my Philosophy class, and we were talking about how Winnie the Pooh was a Daoist. (A branch of Philosophy) I was like " Disney? Now this I can relate to" the teacher just laughed.

A very popular book....

The Tao of Pooh

brisem

Last Sunday, I took my kids to a local amusement park and on the ground by the front entrance was June 22nd's MK events calendar.

stitch rocks

they mention disney world in my managerial accounting book... made me want to go back. i swear it made me listen in class really well for one day out of the whole semester :D

Buzzforprez

I once went to this adventureous island somewhere in Orlando and it reminded me of Disney. Only cheaper, dirtier, less thought put into it. Kind of reminded me of a knock off of the real deal. :hammer: :hammer:

AdLibSean

I live in Greenville, SC and believe it or not, I got behind a car one day that had a license-plate frame that said Walt Disney Imagineering, with the sorcerer mickey logo and everything.

MsSnuzi

Anybody entering my dance studio will experience unexpected Disney magic. We have pictures and banners from our Magic Music Days trip everywhere. Even the pictures the little ones draw for their teachers and myself have a Disney theme, I have a red glitter Mickey hanging on my file cabinet right now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom