Yet another trip...this time SSR

BigRedDad

My daughter's school is converting from year round (on 9 weeks off 3 weeks) to traditional (Summers off). My wife said she wanted to go to Disney World for Summer vacation. The good news is that we will get 3 weeks on our APs.

I have not been to WDW in the Summer since the early 80s. I know the heat and humidity. We are not specifically going for the rides or wait in lines. We will hit the rides we want early, get FPs for the other rides, see some of the street performances that we sometimes miss, head back to the resort for the hot afternoons to use the pool, spend time trading pins at DTD, and hit parks at night as it cools a little. We will also do some of the other resort activities at night: POR, BW, maybe FW.

We ae probably getting a 1BR at SSR. Several reasons for this decision. First, we will go to DTD a bit for pin trading for my daughter. Second, we can get a 1BR for about $300 more than Coronado Springs. This gives us a washer/dryer which I think is necessary since we will go through at least 2 sets of clothes a day. Third, it is a resort we have nto stayed at. We will have a car for Epcot, DHS, and AK. We will use the bus for MK.

NHMouse

Having the kitchen is also nice. You can have meals in your room to save some money and those dining credits for characters meals. We also do grocery delivery when we stay at the villas.

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

Original Poster
True, that is an added bonus I forgot to mention. Since we will be back at the resort around or shortly after lunchtime, having dinners in room will save a ton. Crockpots work wonders. Plus, throwing a $10 1LB T-Bone on a grill is sometimes nice to. I would not want to pay the $60-$75 for one at the resort restaurant. I could also make a run out to the Lonestar for Happy Hour and a steak as well.;

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom