Yet another height vs shoe question

Schillil

Original Poster
My just turned 5 year old is 43 and 1/4 inches in her socks. Her usual shoes (Converse Chuck Taylors because we must be just like big sister, lol) put her at 43 3/4 inches. I would not fudge the issue due to safety-we are past ACE (American Coaster Enthusiasts) members and it is just not done. Yes she is dying to ride SM, but thems the breaks, kiddo.

That said, at her check up last week, her pedi dropped this on us: she is developing flat feet and will need orthotics to help strengthen her ankles. New orthotics came in and it raised her up by slightly over 1/2 inch. Now she is well over the height restriction, but I'm worried that a CM will decide to measure her without her shoes, even though CTs are not known for thick soles. What are the thoughts on this puzzle?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As long as you are not doing something obvious like putting you 5 year old in a pair of 6" heels or have stuffed their shoes with so many napkins that their heels are sicking out, you will be fine.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've never seen a child asked to remove their shoes. If she's wearing her normal day-to-day shoes, she'll be fine.

Kristamouse

I am a mom to 6 kids and have never seen a child be asked to remove their shoes...
And I have watched a lot of kids get measured:)
My lil guy got to ride Teat Track for the 1time this morning!!

carriebeth

my 3 year old was measuring just at 40". Just barely. She usually got stopped at the entrance to all the 40" rides. We were informed many times she might be remeasured inside. She was only remeasured one time once we were inside a line. It was to Tower of Terror and it was immediately after the first time she rode...like a minute later. The ride operator was all up under her princess gown checking her feet etc but even still did not ask her to take her shoes off. She even stated at one point that she felt she was not tall enough to ride and I said "really she literally got off this ride a minute ago" so the cast member went back to rechecking and even with all this controversy my daughter was still not asked to remove her shoes.
We did notice that the measurement sticks don't seem to be scientifically accurate. One ride she would pretty easily pass through and another it was a barely barely pass.

Schillil

Original Poster
I remember taking her older sister on Barnstormer and her being just on the edge at two. The CM swung the metal height gauge around too fast, thinking she was too short and whacked her in the head. Poor kid was mortified and trying to offer extra fast passes. I declined. She was okay, and just eyeballing it, she was right on the cusp.

That said, my girls prefer to wear their Disney tee shirts, not dresses, at the parks. Too much love of thrill rides, lol. So the CM will be able to see her feet in her regular high tops without anything in the way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom