Yesterday's Wedding at Swan & Dolphin

OrlandoMatt

Original Poster
I shot this yesterday at the Swan & Dolphin for a GREAT couple from England. Thought I'd share, one of the great things about Disney weddings is everything is always picture perfect!

Disney Swan Dolphin Wedding.jpg

MickeyPeace

Beautiful! I just returned from a week stay at swan and dolphin. Love it there. I saw at least 3 weddings at the Beach club pavilion.

OrlandoMatt

Original Poster
Nice! We have relatives that are into all the WDW running events and stay there, nothing wrong with a day at the pool there with those giant pineapple drinks haha.

PeoplemoverTTA

Beautiful! I just returned from a week stay at swan and dolphin. Love it there. I saw at least 3 weddings at the Beach club pavilion.

Did you stay at the Swan or Dolphin? I just got engaged on the 12th, and we're doing a Swan & Dolphin wedding in July. We were just going to stay there for convenience (plus it's so much cheaper than the WDW deluxes and we can walk to DHS and Epcot), but the reviews I read said that the rooms were run down and that there were cockroaches :eek:. I'm no bridezilla (I'm about as low key as you can get!), but I do want our hotel stay to be, well, magical, so I was thinking maybe we should consider Wilderness Lodge or something.

MickeyPeace

I just came from a 4 night stay at the Dolphin followed by a 3 night day at the Swan. There are no cockroaches at either lol. I would stay at the Swan if I were you. It is smaller, quieter, more intimate, nicer and the bathroom/shower is unbelievable. The beds also seem more comfortable even though they should be the same "heavenly beds". The wedding pavilion area is also right down stairs between the Swan and the Boardwalk. The Swan is also closer to the walkway to the parks.
Upon checking in, I would tell the front desk that you are here to get married. If there is any complimentary upgrade you could receive, you would greatly appreciate it. Just put it out there.
I am sure you are going to love this resort.

PeoplemoverTTA

I just came from a 4 night stay at the Dolphin followed by a 3 night day at the Swan. There are no cockroaches at either lol. I would stay at the Swan if I were you. It is smaller, quieter, more intimate, nicer and the bathroom/shower is unbelievable. The beds also seem more comfortable even though they should be the same "heavenly beds". The wedding pavilion area is also right down stairs between the Swan and the Boardwalk. The Swan is also closer to the walkway to the parks.
Upon checking in, I would tell the front desk that you are here to get married. If there is any complimentary upgrade you could receive, you would greatly appreciate it. Just put it out there.
I am sure you are going to love this resort.

Thank you so much! I respect your opinion around these parts, so I really appreciate your input :)

OrlandoMatt

Original Poster
+1 for the Swan - Both are stunning properties but the Swan is a little quieter and easier to get around as your "base of operations"

And by all means YES let them know why you are there, Disney always goes out of their way to make their brides and grooms a little bit happier :)

Congrats PeopleMoverTTA! I seriously wouldn't over-think it, your stay will be magical no matter what! You really can't go wrong with either property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom