Yeha, last minute trip over New Years - Looking for advice/tips

LordHelmut

The title says it all, I have felt exactly like Clark Griswold, waiting for a bonus check to show up, with the exception that I am going to spend it on a last minute trip.

(There are most likely hundreds/thousands doing the same)

Anywho, I have been to WDW at every time of the year *except* during Christmas/NYE.

I am planning to get to Epcot on 12/31, and not leave. I have AP so I have a better chance of not getting locked out....

Planning on bringing blanket, and sufficient supplies to keep the wife an 2yr old entertained, and following the advice of others planning to camp out somewhere starting a 10:30ish for the fireworks.

We are really looking to just get in & enjoy the atmosphere and fireworks. (ok and a pastry @ France)... perhaps champagne. So attractions are a bonus if possible, but not a requirement. (I have been around most attractions since they were built.... doh! wow am I getting old. geeze... ok, <thread drift correction on>)

Now for the open ended request. Advice on any aspect of making the evening enjoyable ? I know dining reservations are long since gone.... Suggestions on where to sit & watch ? Special things to look for ? Strategies ?

Thanks in advance, and if you're heading to WDW, see you real soon !

Are you going to be there a few days? Two years ago, my friends and I arrived on January 1st (we were at a party to watch the ball drop, and drove to the airport right after to hop our plane!), and while the first day or two had a lot of people, by the 3rd the place was dead!

If you'll be there a few days, don't stress the rides, the lines will only get shorter! You can still try for reservations if you're not picky, worst they can say is that they're full. Then you can snack-hop around the world! (churros in Mexico, crepes in France, candies in Japan, etc.)

Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom