Yak & Yetti walk-up??

MelliesMimi

Original Poster
Planning a quick spring break trip 3/8 - 3/11, planning on visiting AK on Thursday 3/10, booked Rainforest for dinner but would prefer Yak & Yetti.
Any chance of a walk-up late lunch/early dinner?
I keep looking but nothing has opened up.

Weather_Lady

Has anyone done this recently? @Weather_Lady? I had thought with reduced capacity they weren’t guaranteeing seating. Maybe capacity isn’t very reduced anymore?
We went in August - not as walkups, but not with a Disney-made ADR either. Y&Y was booked solid when our dining window opened, but I called the restaurant directly and because I was a Landry's Select Club member, they let me make a reservation anyway, from the pool of tables they'd usually leave open for walk-ups. It was probably unnecessary given the low crowds when we visited and in hindsight I'm sure we could have walked up if we wanted (they _were_ doing priority seating for Landry's Select Club walkups as usual), but the capacity was so limited then that we were nervous.

Last edited:

DISR

Planning a quick spring break trip 3/8 - 3/11, planning on visiting AK on Thursday 3/10, booked Rainforest for dinner but would prefer Yak & Yetti.
Any chance of a walk-up late lunch/early dinner?
I keep looking but nothing has opened up.
You can try the bar, especially with a very small party. I have walked in numerous times at opening and been seated immediately. It is probably harder later in the day, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

MelliesMimi

Original Poster
You can try the bar, especially with a very small party. I have walked in numerous times at opening and been seated immediately. It is probably harder later in the day, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Can you order off the full menu at the bar or is it limited? This might work.

MelliesMimi

Original Poster
We went in August - not as walkups, but not with a Disney-made ADR either. Y&Y was booked solid when our dining window opened, but I called the restaurant directly and because I was a Landry's Select Club member, they let me make a reservation anyway, from the pool of tables they'd usually leave open for walk-ups. It was probably unnecessary given the low crowds when we visited and in hindsight I'm sure we could have walked up if we wanted (they _were_ doing priority seating for Landry's Select Club walkups as usual), but the capacity was so limited then that we were nervous.
Do you need to be a Landry's Club member to call directly? Would they take my reservation over the phone a month in advance?

Minnesota disney fan

IMO the Yak and Yeti is an excellent restaurant. We always eat there twice when we visit. Each time, there were numerous walk ups and they were all turned away. That was before the pandemic. So, I think it will be difficult to impossible in this present climate to walk up to eat.

DISR

The full menu has always been available on my visits.
To be clear, the bar is a backup plan if you cannot get a reservation. No guarantee you will get in that way. If reservations are unavailable, a lot of people may also be trying the bar seating route. The times I have done this are right at opening. Everyone else checking in was asking for a table or had a reservation.

DisnEdely

Ran into the same problem back in October, no reservations available. Since I was a Landy card holder I was going to just walk in a flash the card, but decided to call the restaurant directly after reading some other posts. They gladly gave me a reservation right on the spot. Probably not going to get prime dining times but if you are member you should get a reservation as they leave tables aside for Landry members.

BTW - Its free, the 25 you spend they give back to you as a digital 25 gift card

Weather_Lady

Do you need to be a Landry's Club member to call directly? Would they take my reservation over the phone a month in advance?
Yes, I think you need to be a member. They'll do it anytime within the 60-day window. Joining is easy through the Landry's website. There's a fee ($25 when I joined, I think), but they give you a welcome credit in that amount to use the first time you dine at a Landry's restaurant, so you get it back.

Lirael

When you guys say "be there when it opens", you mean 10:30am? That's the opening time stated for YY.

I'm in a similar situation. Just decided on a March trip so naturally everything is booked for YY.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom