Yacht Club - pool renovation??

frasertown

We are going to be at the Yacht Club from January 6th-11th and received word from Disney that their super cool pool was being renovated and that "parts" of it would be closed. Does anyone have any more detailed input as to how much will be "down"??? Thanks!

DisneyPhD

I need to look up where I read it (Vaction Magic, DVC) but I belive it should have one of the 5 pools at SAB closed at different times. I would be really disapointed if they closed the shallow sand bottom area when we were there. We are going Feb 25th - March 4th and it should all be done by Feb 25th.

BTW, we always swim at WDW, no mater what time of year. Last Jan we had a great time in the WL pool. When you come from where it is really cold, 75 deg is great swimming weather, and sometimes it is even warmer then that in Jan, Feb, and March. Last Jan is was 80's for 5 out of the 7 days we were there. The 1st time we ever stayed at Y&B it was in the 50's every day. The last day it got to the mid 60's and we were out in that pool. (this was Feb 2001.)

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

The letter I got in Sept. says that " We expect all work to be completed by December 23, 2004." Allears.com says the slide will be closed from Jan. 3 to Feb. 25, 2005 for painting. I'll let you know what's going on when we go Dec. 5-13.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

As of a week or two ago, a phone call directly to the Resort said that siding renovations would be lasting until the week before Christmas with only minimal impact. The entire pool will be open during the Christmas-New Years weeks, and the slide will be closed Jan 3rd for about a month. I also read this info online somewhere. But the Yacht/Beach vacationers will have access at BoardWalk's pool to enjoy their slide while Stormalong's Slide is closed.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Testtrack321 said:
I don't know how they can close sections of it, they all flow together, but still, the pool needs a rehab...

It only appears that the pools flow together, when in fact the pools are separated underneath one of the bridges by rock formations. So a section of the pool can be closed and drained without impact to other sections.

Upvote 0

Indy95

Well the good news is that now we know that Disney recognizes that its facilities actually need maintenance once in awhile. Hopefully they'll bring back the Sinking Sands or the multitude of water jets, but since it seems to be just down for "painting" it looks to be just wishful thinking.

Upvote 0

DisneyJill

surfsupdon said:
It only appears that the pools flow together, when in fact the pools are separated underneath one of the bridges by rock formations. So a section of the pool can be closed and drained without impact to other sections.

There are actually 3 different pools. The shallow pool with the sandbar, the lazy river which is connected to part of the relaxing area and the "active" area with the whirlpool and sinking sands. :wave:

Upvote 0

t3techcom18

Okay, I am official in Yacht & Beach business (My Dad works there). He says that the whole of Stormalong Bay (the pool) is going through rehab until February 25th. My Dad says that he doesn't know exactly what parts of the pool will be open. He will bring the rehab schedule to me tomorrow. He says that the rehabs are in sections with this pool, so I'll check back in tomorrow. Hope this helps! :animwink: :cool:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom