X2's Not So Scary Update

Well I was trying to wait until Sunday but I broke down and went tonight.

Arrival: 2:00 pm exactly. Price of ticket: $35.00, Dinner at Crystal Palace $15.00, Costume of Choice: Indiana Jones First encounter with Mickey's Not So Scary Holloween Party: PRICELESS.

Dear God! Was that ever fun! I have NEVER and I mean NEVER had that much fun in my life!

Went on PhilharMagic a few times, went to Tom Sawyers Island, Splash Mountain and Jungle Cruise.

The transformation started literally around 4 pm.

We were all hurded like cattle over to TomorrowLand around 6:00ish. I took a few pictures with some kids (I had my Indy suit with me). Rode SM, was a big hit over there. Smashed Zurg to a million pieces. And realized that There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow...Just A Dream Away on the Carosel of Buzz Lightyear's Candy Spin?...Yeah! ITS OPEN! Carousel of Progress is OPEN!!!:sohappy:

From there it was on to ToonTown. I met Goofy Limburg and his Spirit of St. Louis plane, Donald pumpkin and Scarcrow Mickey.

From there is was on to FantasyLand! I met my main man, Mummy Eyore. Was bounced on by Skeletal Tigger and stung by Winnie the Poo Bee. Someday her prince will come, unfortunatly, it wasnt me. But I did get a pic with the original princess, Snow White.

Hinges creaked in doorless chambers as I entered the Haunted Mansion. Took a few shots of the outside, not much here. Until my shadow blocked something that was being cast onto the ground. I slowly stepped back and saw the words "The Haunted Mansion Open House Nov. 26"

It was westward bound for me as I headed to frontierland. There weren't any characters here, nor any artifacts so I moved on.

From the wild west, to the jungles of AdventureLand, I ran smack into a group of pirates. Luckly, Terk helped me out, if it wasn't for her, I might not have lived to tell the tale. I moved into Agraba and met the wimsical Genie.

It was 9:00, 15 mins until Fantasy in the Haunted Skys. it was the normal show, but it all cast an aora of forboding when a witch showed up, cast a spell and then flew through the sky (Literally). Fireworks exploded all around the area in a ghastly finale.

9:30 pm, time to get set up for the parade. I set up camp near the liberty bell so I could listen to the story of Sleepy Hollow. A chill ran down my spin, something I hadn't felt since I was trying to retrive one of the Shankara Stones in India. Hooves clapped like thunder, and the Headless Horseman, something I thought was only a myth, galloped out of no where, the black steed reard up then he dashed off just as quickly as he appeared.

10 pm. The time had come for the Villians to have their spotlights. All of them were great. Nicely done.

Afterwards. I returned to the Jungle to find Pluto and Timon. Then I ran into Jasmine and Al out on a night stroll through the deserted streets of Agraba.

I seized the future and returned to Tomorrowland and noticed, that Stitch had taken over Alien Encounter already, well, he sent a decoy...a very large decoy.

Over all, it was a wonderfully frightful first time for me. My expectations were at a medium level, I knew this was geared towards children so I wasnt going to expect much towards teens/adults, but I still loved it.

I saw a large majority of girls wearing princess outfits, a few minnie outfits here and there. Lot of Peter Pans (Or at least some that tried to look like him). and a LOT of pirates (Wonder why). I got a ton of compliments and shoutouts tonight because of the costume. I was told a lot of times that I was the most orginal they had seen all night long(Which I can see why, every time you turned around, there was Belle or Jasmine or a pirate, or pan, or Sorceror Mickeys).

There was one funny moment when I saw a female, no lie, dress up as a dominatrix....and her husband/boyfriend was a "______ slave" They got as far the main gates to the park, apparently they had warn trench coats over the costumes in order to get in, but they failed.

I think that the best costumes I saw tonight were a brother and sister. The sister was dressed at Lilo (And dear God wouldn't ya know, she actually looked like Lilo...no makeup or anything! Same facial looks and everything!) And the brother was dressed in a Stitch Costume....God it was great.

Music struck my last nerve....got tired of hearing the Foyer music from The Haunted Mansion every 5 minutes, so when I needed a break, Id head over to TL and listen to some good ol Pop Music or go over to Fantasyland and listen to some classic Disney.

You'd figure they would plug the HM movie but all I really saw was the pic on the ground, a poster behind the candy pass out area, and the float for HM (And that only had a poster on the back of the float for the movie)

I have a ton of pictures. I wont be able to put them on the site but Ill throw together a quick site with the pics on it a little later.

Over all, 9.5/10 It just lacked that little something. But since this was opening night, things are still getting worked out so itll change.

Of subject, I talked to a CM while waiting for the parade, he said that the MAJOR MAJOR problem they're having with Wishes is the Fallout....apparently, a few tables in ADVENTURELAND are scorced from the shells. And fragments of the fallout are hitting the guests or around them, that would be there to watch the testing

Katherine

I LOVED your trip report! It was so cute and I like how you made it rhyme in parts. Can't wait to see the pics!:sohappy:

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Original Poster

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Well, many people have there "Such and such" day updates. And thats fine, Im not them for it, I love reading their reviews as much as the next person.

But as for myself. Well my friends,

Prepair yourselves for unforgettable encounter in my six part update series, all coming to you LIVE (Starting Tuesday) as it happens from around the parks all this week. From all corners of the resort, from all the finales, parties, lit faces of children as they meet Mickey for the first time, its all here.

And it all begins, right now.

Check back later tonight for Part 2 of my Not So Scary update.

Later updates in the series will see me saying good-bye one last time to a old classic, Wishing a happy welcome to a new soon-to-be classic, and the heartbreak of a true encounter as its final showing happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom