Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just wondering if anyone has any experience staying at this hotel. I have three nights booked here for the end of September, it seemed the most reasonably priced for the area (Disney was basically booked up for value/mods). We really only plan to sleep there but any tips about transportation, room cleanliness, bag storage on checkout is appreciated. I also looked at staying at the B resort but that was more expensive and got worse reviews, but if anyone has experience there and wants to share that would be great too. Also, I'm thinking that this Wyndham used to be the Best Western, am I right?
Thanks!

kdmac

Stayed July 2019 with my two sons. Honestly other then being a little older it wasn't that bad. The rooms other then being a little dated were clean comfortable. They had shuttle service for the parks, although it was set times to return. Walking distance to Disney Springs and the pools were great too. I would stay there again if i wanted a cheaper option.

cgersic

The last time I stayed here, I was unaware of the $20 per day parking fee, so make sure you're add that in to the rate. They also have busses that drop and pick you up in the parking lots of the parks. If you aren't used to this, it can get really confusing as to where to meet them to get back to the hotel. The location is good if you're going to DS. The rooms are basic and dated, but clean.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the responses. I have actually changed our hotel. I was t crazy about the $20 parking fee and I think there might have been a resort fee as well. I think we are going with the Fairfield Orlando/lake Buena Vista. At least that’s what I have booked for now. 🙂

Lilofan

There's no point in staying @ a hotel that charges parking/resort fees when you're not even going to be there other than sleeping. lol
Parking fees seem to be a way of extracting more money from the guests. Other fees are disguised as " resort fees " charged to a family credit card .

Cadbury

Parking fees seem to be a way of extracting more money from the guests. Other fees are disguised as " resort fees " charged to a family credit card .
Yeah, there's plenty of nice hotels near Disney that don't charge these exorbitant fees. A little research goes a long way and it's totally worth it in the end.

Rob562

Though the OP has changed hotels, just to let you know that you were incorrect about the Best Western part. Best Western is being turned into a Drury property. While it had been open during some of the work (we stayed there in Dec 2019) it closed for the pandemic and I don't think it's reopened yet.

-Rob

Tangled

Yeah, there's plenty of nice hotels near Disney that don't charge these exorbitant fees. A little research goes a long way and it's totally worth it in the end.
Do you have a recommendation for a Disney springs area hotel? I’m researching and they all have different fees it’s difficult to do an apples-to-apples comparison

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom