WOW! I had an awesome time!

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon to Walt Disney World late Tuesday evening and all I have to say is that we both had an awesome time! There was one major mishap that occured while we were there but it has been taken care of since we returned home-I was an idiot and forgot to remove my pin-trading lanyard from around my neck when I went on Space Mountain and I wound up losing my drivers license :lookaroun :mad: Of course I was totally freaking out,and my husband and I were yelling at each other when we got off the ride.People were walking past us who were exiting the ride and looking at us like we were insane.The worker kindly explained to us that nothing could be done until the ride closed that nite and they did a walk-thru to check for dropped or lost items.So we went to Towne Hall right before you get to Main Street and filed a lost item report,and the security officer explained to us that Space Mountain was a safe place to lose an item like a drivers license because most of the time it falls down far enough that no one can ever get ahold of it and try to steal your identity.So every morning I called the TTC to see if it had been found but it never was.

Was anyone else on here staying at Pop Century Resort? We were in the 70's building 10,4th floor,room 0470.We were right across from the big Mickey phone and foosball game and the huge Big Wheel.The view was great! Of course,we did have a family with 2 or 3 kids staying in the room next door to us who insisted on screaming their heads off at 5am but other than that there were no problems.

We visited all of the parks-Wednesday the 6th we were at Animal Kingdom,the 7th we were at Magic Kingdom,the 8th we were at Epcot,the 9th we were at MGM,the 10th we were at Magic Kingdom again,the 11th we were at Animal Kingdom again and then Downtown Disney,and our last day,the 12th,we just walked around the resort so I could take pictures.My favorite decade is the 80's so I had alot of fun taking pictures in that section.

We ate at Tony's,50's Prime Time Cafe,San Angel Inn (their nachos were absolutely delish!:sohappy: ),Sci-Fi Diner,and lots of other places,too many to name.Our waiter at Tony's was the absolute best.His name was Craig and when he found out what happened with me losing my ID he paid for my souvenir Lady and the Tramp glass.And he even took us to the front of the restaurant and announced that we were on our honeymoon and everyone started waving their napkins in the air and blowing us kisses.It was very nice.

Well,that's my trip in a nutshell.I also met Pooh,Piglet,Eeyore,Mickey,Minnie,Pluto,Goofy,Donald,Cinderella,Snow White,and Aurora.I will be posting all 879 of my pictures in the photo albums soon and will let you know once I am done.

I'd love to chat with anyone else who stayed at Pop Century at the same time we were there (September 6-12).

Beth

GoofyMom2

Best wishes to you and your husband! Congratulations!

It sounds like you really had a wonderful time....thanks for posting :wave:

CoffeeJedi

I went home wednesday evening, i was there from sept 8-13. We were in the 80's, building 7, 4th floor (great view of hour glass lake out our window!)

joelleharbert

Congratulations to you and your husband and let me just relate a similar story. When we went to Disney two years ago, we arrived at AK at opening and as we went to go in, I tried to pull out the tix and my ID and debit card. Well, everything was in my pocket except for my driver's license. I could not think about where it could possibly be as I keep everything together. I immediately started panicking wondering how in the world I was going to get back home on the airplane! I couldn't enjoy myself the entire day at AK and once we arrived back at the hotel, I found it behind the dresser upon which we had laid all of our money and tix, etc. the night before. I can relate to how awful that feeling is to lose your ID. It kind of ruins your day for you after that. It sounds like you ended up having a wonderful time anyway! Congrats!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom