• Yes, I would like to live in Celebration

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • No, I would not like to live in Celebration

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gaston1

Original Poster
Just a question I was wondering. We went to visit Celebration during our last DisneyWorld trip. Personally, I would not live there. The place was just too perfect. I mean, it was like I was in the movie Pleasentville or something. I did like how nice the area, houses, and other things like the golf course were though. I still would not live there. That place creeped me out.:veryconfu

Sir Hiss527

That would be kinda cool to live 2 seconds away from Disney. But yea that does sound pretty creepy:zipit:. But that would matter to me really, because man I would be getting a job at the "Happiest Place on Earth".:lol:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I shared an apartment there a while back, and while it was really REALLY nice, it was way too expensive for what it was. The houses are just as expensive

Herbie53

Premium Member
I love visiting Celebration, and could easily be tempted to live there. Living in Celebration is probably the only way I would live in a newly built house, and definitely the only way I would end up living in anything remotely similiar to a development. Ultimately I prefer the old buildings and the old communities that Celebration mimics.

MKCustodial

I really want to visit Celebration some day, and I totally would live there if I could afford it. I mean talk about your average small town white picket fence suburban dream... :cool:

CrisKennedy

I would love to live in Celebration if I had the money. The houses aren't all that expensive. They range from $170, 000 to over $1 million. My husband and I have talked about moving there if we ever won the Florida Lottery. And then we could go to WDW and Universal whenever we wanted.

meeko_33785

If I ever had more money than I know what to do with, I would definatly consider it. Since that's not going to happen, I would probably say no.

sigsegv

DW and I killed some time there looking at houses and pricing things. We had just bought our current place, so we weren't really interested in buying, but we led the sales person on a bit letting them think we were. The places were nice and bigger on the inside than they look on the outside, but the are expensive, even compared to the DC-area, and this area is not cheap.

It could be nice to live there, but I don't much like Orlando and the humidity in the summer... Oye! Either way, DW is too close to her family to move from here.

-sig

orangefan15

Originally posted by mktiggerman
I shared an apartment there a while back, and while it was really REALLY nice, it was way too expensive for what it was. The houses are just as expensive

Well, that's all kinda relative...it depends on where you're coming from. Maybe its expensive when compared to other options in Orlando, but for people coming from another state it may actually be a great deal. There's such a huge difference in housing prices across the country....

kennyj29

WHEN WE WENT IN SEPTEMBER, I GOT LOST AND ENDED UP IN CELEBRATION!! I FELT LIKE I WAS IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE. IT'S LOVELY, DON'T GET ME WRONG BUT IT IS PERFECT. I USED TO WATCH PEYTON PLACE WHEN I WAS YOUNGER AND IT HAD THAT OLD TOWN APPEARANCE. MY NIECE LIVES IN ORLANDO AND SHE SAID THAT EVERYONE SAYS IT'S A CULT THAT LIVES THERE. I DON'T KNOW, I WAS A LITTLE TAKEN BACK WHEN I SAW IT BUT IT WAS KINDA NICE AT THE SAME TIME!!!!

CREEKWAYNE

Originally posted by Gaston1
Just a question I was wondering. We went to visit Celebration during our last DisneyWorld trip. Personally, I would not live there. The place was just too perfect. I mean, it was like I was in the movie Pleasentville or something. I did like how nice the area, houses, and other things like the golf course were though. I still would not live there. That place creeped me out.:veryconfu

Welcome Gaston1:wave: Personally I would love to live there. It is sooooo close to WDW.:) Especially when I get older the the "simplicity" would be nice.

2,841 minutes and counting..:sohappy: :sohappy:

spinsurgeon

It depends where you live now as to how expensive Celebration is. It's all relative. You do of course (unless you are a Lottery winner) have to get a job when you move there ad that might be a problem.

I had a look at Celebration's real estate website a while back and I didn't think that some of the houses were that expensive for what you were getting. I do however, live in London and you don't get a lot for your cash here, or the weather either!

dreamer

I get tired of all the Disney rules after a while. They keep things nice, but it's a standard hard to live up to on a daily basis.

I would pass on Celebration.

SewIn2Disney

I get to stay there with a friend in May. (i'll tell you how it is when I get back)

I heard that the school system is state of the art and amazing. I read all about the town in a 3 part article in the Disney Magazine a few years back. I'd give anything to live there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom