Would you pay $15,000 for this dinner at Disneyland? - OCR/SCNG

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

>Imagine such an exclusive dinner that most people have never heard of it, and even those who’ve dined there often don’t want to talk about it publicly.

Yes, it costs a staggering $15,000 to host this private evening for up to 12 people at Disneyland, in what certainly must be one of the most prized venues around. And, yes, it costs as much as driving home a brand-spanking-new Ford Fiesta, but — let’s face it — the people attending this type of party probably won’t be driving one, anyway.

And nearly everyone who has enjoyed the 21 Royal experience says they’d do it again.

“It stands as the signature meal of my entire life,” said Todd Regan, who uses the pen name Dusty Sage while running the popular MiceChat.com fan blog, who’s no stranger to fancy meals. “It’s a culinary extravaganza.”

Here’s how it works: People call up Disneyland and tell them they want to reserve a private dinner at 21 Royal, held in an ornately decorated suite in New Orleans Square that was originally designed to become Walt Disney’s private apartment, though he died before he could use it. Then, after a date is agreed upon, there’s a consultation with a chef and a decision about the menu for the dinner, which is designed specifically for each party.<<

Sharon&Susan

“It stands as the signature meal of my entire life,” said Todd Regan, who uses the pen name Dusty Sage while running the popular MiceChat.com fan blog, who’s no stranger to fancy meals. “It’s a culinary extravaganza.”
Dusty only had to pay with a positive review of the Incredicoaster and his journalistic integrity.

Last edited:

Curious Constance

Dusty only had to pay with a positive review of the Incredicoaster and his journalistic integrity.
While he was attending this dinner, Slugworth pulled him aside and whispered promised riches in his ear, if he only would jump on the Disney can do no wrong bandwagon.

Rich T

It’s so nauseating to think of people spending $15,000 on a freaking meal. This gets the Gold-Plated Toilet Award.

SuddenStorm

It’s so nauseating to think of people spending $15,000 on a freaking meal. This gets the Gold-Plated Toilet Award.

I dunno... a 12 person meal prepared by a professional chef, customized for each party? Plus I hope park admission is included which is like a $2000 dollar value already.

This seems like it'd be more for professional events, or major life events like a wedding.

Definitely not the cheapest option if you're only looking at the food... and probably not the best use of space from Disney since that area used to host the Gallery, something everyone can enjoy... but I could see how it would be worth it for some people.

Last edited:

Rich T

I dunno... a 12 person meal prepared by a professional chef, customized for each party? Plus I hope park admission is included with is like a $2000 dollar value already.

This seems like it'd be more for professional events, or major life events like a wedding.

Definitely not the cheapest option if you're only looking at the food... and probably not the best use of space from Disney since that area used to host the Gallery, something everyone can enjoy... but I could see how it would be worth it for some people.
True, seen as a wedding option it’s not too grossly out-of-line. Groom’s family’s paying half, though. :D

Jedi Stitch

I shelled out $120 for 3 KFC meals to get reserved viewing for a parade. Unlike WDW, where most reserved reviewing areas are existing and well marked with a velvet rope and a CM checking you paid an extra fee, it is no where like that at DLR. My wife and I and a couple of other ladies had to play Hall Monitor because everyone that was a Johnny come lately just saw an open are to view and would wonder in with out the CMs ever noticing. My Daughter got sat on by an older Chinese lady who pretended to not understand English. Until, my 12 year old daughter pushed the lady off her lap, and onto the ground. then she was full of English. She didn't get to much sympathy from the CMs either when they sent her packing.
I only tell this story, because I see many people have the "who would, are elitism". If you can afford it, why not? I would do it if I was a lottery winner. I would expect only the best too, for that price. I would max out the 12 guests too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom