Would Kristoff be considered a Disney Prince?

AllyInWonderland

Original Poster
I've been wondering recently if Kristoff from Frozen will ever become a Disney prince.

I've also wondered if they would ever bring him to the parks as a face character.

Your thoughts?

Sped2424

This leads me to believe that frozen is a story with a regular guy who meets a princess AND that it was left open to a sequel. Am I rit?

Also, since it seems you've seen it, do you think it was as good as Little Mermaid or Beauty/Beast?
The film is on par with both of those films, anyone who says other wise has their nostalgia goggles on too tight!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2294629/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101414/?ref_=nv_sr_4
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097757/
As for a sequel, I really want one! It's just I am not sure or convinced there is a story left in that universe worth making another film for, one that would have the same impact as the first at least. What would be a better decision is a short like pixars halloween special this year. I say next year do a Christmas special except for frozen, and I don't think anna and kristoff should be married right away anyways!

harryk

What do we need with another Prince? Let the story just develop on it's own.
I found that I really liked the effects in this story better than in any of the earlier animation films - other than the bubbles in Pinocchio.

Tip Top Club

Kristoff, Olaf, and the Trolls should all be parks characters (And Mother Gothel while we are on the subject).

I would put Lion King and Beauty and the Beast above Frozen as films, but that's about it. It ranks pretty high in the Disney Pantheon in my book.

(It absolutely does not require a sequel though, the story is most definitely over)

Weather_Lady

I thought it was a terrific movie: at least as good as Tangled (which I enjoy immensely, and which I think is the best apples-to-apples comparison to be made).

Comparing it to the movies mentioned by @luv, the music from Beauty and the Beast and the Little Mermaid is probably more memorable than the songs from Frozen and I would argue that Beauty and the Beast has a better-developed and paced plot, but the quality of Frozen's animation (e.g., perfectly-synchronized audio and no disappearing-reappearing aprons or spontaneous statue facial restorations), its stunning visuals and deft insertion of laugh-out-loud moments of levity was certainly far superior to its hand-drawn ancestors. I also appreciated that the film had at least as much to do with the relationship between two sisters as it did a woman's search for true love.

The immersive feel of Frozen's "environment" was also really cool. I've been to the fjords of Norway in winter, and I live in the Finger Lakes area of Upstate NY, which has some similar, albeit less dramatic, topography. The landscapes of Frozen felt very true to Scandinavia and very familiar at the same time, and really resonated with me.

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
This leads me to believe that frozen is a story with a regular guy who meets a princess AND that it was left open to a sequel. Am I rit?

Also, since it seems you've seen it, do you think it was as good as Little Mermaid or Beauty/Beast?

I loved it! I felt the same way I did when I was a 12 yo girl watching the Little Mermaid for the first time. I feel they did an excellent job all around. They managed to make a truly modern fairy tale. It can stand next to all the other princess movies, all the traditional fairy tale princess elements are there but presented in a new fresh way and without mocking or making fun of the Disney of the past.

As for the music I feel that given time the songs will become just as classic as the 90s Disney movies. Let it Go is an amazing song and the highlight of the movie and destined to be a classic next to Part of Your World, A Whole New world, etc.

Matt_Black

The Disney Prince line-up is even more ill-defined than the Princess line. Basically, it seems that the only rule for inclusion is to be the love interest of the Princess in the main theatrical feature (good for John Smith, not so good for Rowlfe). So, yeah, Kristoff would be considered a Prince by those standards, especially if he becomes popular and people want to meet him.

Matt_Black

I thought it was a terrific movie: at least as good as Tangled (which I enjoy immensely, and which I think is the best apples-to-apples comparison to be made).

Comparing it to the movies mentioned by @luv, the music from Beauty and the Beast and the Little Mermaid is probably more memorable than the songs from Frozen and I would argue that Beauty and the Beast has a better-developed and paced plot, but the quality of Frozen's animation (e.g., perfectly-synchronized audio and no disappearing-reappearing aprons or spontaneous statue facial restorations), its stunning visuals and deft insertion of laugh-out-loud moments of levity was certainly far superior to its hand-drawn ancestors. I also appreciated that the film had at least as much to do with the relationship between two sisters as it did a woman's search for true love.

The immersive feel of Frozen's "environment" was also really cool. I've been to the fjords of Norway in winter, and I live in the Finger Lakes area of Upstate NY, which has some similar, albeit less dramatic, topography. The landscapes of Frozen felt very true to Scandinavia and very familiar at the same time, and really resonated with me.

Someone on another board mentioned the level of "world-building" that went into the film, and I agree. They've crafted a very rich and alive setting for this film that has the potential to be revisited in some fashion without rehashing the movie. Heck, there was political intrigue in the movie!

Matt_Black

I agree, if their going to do anything, it should be a short with their wedding or something else like Tangled Ever After.

Again, though, even if you don't revisit the characters, the setting in the film is rich and vibrant enough to support other stories. There are plenty of good Scandinavian folk tales for inspiration, after all. We could visit the Southern Isles, or Weaseltown, or what have you.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Again, though, even if you don't revisit the characters, the setting in the film is rich and vibrant enough to support other stories. There are plenty of good Scandinavian folk tales for inspiration, after all. We could visit the Southern Isles, or Weaseltown, or what have you.

I would love to see Hans 12 older brothers

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom