Worth spending a day?

G-bone

Original Poster
We are staying at Coronado for a week. Usually we take one day to go to a waterpark. We decided to go to Universal instead to see the Harry Potter land. Anyone who has gone, is it worth it and how much time do you spend there opposed to everything else at Universal which there is alot to do? I'm sure waiting times are killer. My kids haven't been to Universal and still want to enjoy everything else. Thanks.

mbisenius

I'm sure our trip would have been different with kids, but my husband and I spent one day each at Universal and Islands of Adventure this June. We were at the parks before opening and had gone on almost every ride at Universal Studios by 3:00 PM. At Islands of Adventure, we were in line for WWoHP by 8:30 AM and got in as soon as it opened - went on FJ and Flight of the Hippogriff. We left and walked around the rest of that park, rode almost everything at least once and ended up back at WWoHP by about 4:00 PM. We waited in line for Olivander's and FJ and ate at the Three Broomsticks and I think we were done by 8:00 PM.

We enjoyed Harry Potter but thought the stores were overcrowded and had an issue on our 2nd wait for FJ (see Forbidden Journey seat requirements). If you are a fan of the books or movies, you would enjoy some of the details that they put into the designs.

hiddenMICKEY815

I don't know how it would be with kids, but as the biggest Harry Potter dork on the planet I must say the park is fantastic and shockingly accurate and well done. It is crowded, very crowded and not just because it is new but because to keep that HP authentic feeling everything is quite small, so you do actually have to wait in line to get into the stores, but they're worth it. Picture MK on a busy day, a very busy day and everyone is headed toward the same thing, and go off that plan. You'd get there early, you'd wait in line for an hour or so to avoid waiting all day and you'd deal with it that way. It is worth it!

G-bone

Original Poster
Thanks. This helps. We are going no matter what but just wanted a review by someone who has went.:wave:

mbisenius

No, Hiddenmickey, I am the biggest Harry Potter dork!!! :) And I agree, as long as you are prepared for the ways, you'll have fun. One thing I didn't like was that stores that are supposed to be located in Diagon Alley were included as part of Hogsmeade...of course, I'd rather have that than not have them at all.

hiddenMICKEY815

No, Hiddenmickey, I am the biggest Harry Potter dork!!! :) And I agree, as long as you are prepared for the ways, you'll have fun. One thing I didn't like was that stores that are supposed to be located in Diagon Alley were included as part of Hogsmeade...of course, I'd rather have that than not have them at all.

hahah well you cant very well go to harry potters world and not come out with a wand. thats just not cool, but i get your point lol. the issue i had was that the eldar wand was different from dumbledores when we know very well theyre one in the same:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom